FREE Pay It Forward Swap at Port Orleans- May-August WIDE open! LOTS OF OPENINGS!!

Avonlady1001

DIS Veteran
Our wonderful box is once again in the black void at Riverside! :( The swap is on hold until it turns up or we decide to start anew...

Inspired by the PIF at the Values...(the following is borrowed from the value PIF's thread:)

This will be a free grab bag type swap and you never know what you are going to get.

• Things you may find or could include: band aids, dish soap, ponchos, toiletries, small childrens toys, water bottles, sealed snacks, really any small items you would like to PAY IT FORWARD.
• FOOD - must be sealed and labeled
• Dish Soap, etc and other non-food liquid items - please ensure they are in sealed Ziploc bags so they do not burst and damage other items.
• Tape a card or paper with the next participant’s information on the top of the box. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THE NAME ON THE BOX.
• Please pack your own tape in case the tape goes missing. If you can leave it, great.
• Please reinforce, fix or replace the box as needed.

You will be responsible for exchanging information with the swappers before & after you. Please swap your full names, reservation #, check in/out dates, which resort (Riverside or French Quarter), allergy info (if any), cell # where you can be reached at WDW in case of any changes or problems.

You will put this info on the card you will tape on the box.

If you are interested, please PM me, leave a post here, or email me at Blckjak1001@yahoo.com. New names will be added in the order I get the PMs.

If you are interested in joining one of the Pay It Forward Swaps at the POP or the AllStars Resorts, Click the appropriate link below:
Free PIF Swap at the POP
Free PIF Swap all the All Stars

May
1-7 3pletprincesses POR
7-11 OPEN
11-15 slumpert
23-27 lollisfamily6
29-June 9 DisMom55 FQ (alt: May 27-June 2 jkshel)

June
29-9 DisMom55 (FQ)
9-12 JeremyJ (arriving FQ 6/4)
12-21 OPEN
21-26 CSwan1
26-31 OPEN

July
1-31 OPEN

August
1-6 OPEN
6-13 PrincessSarah314
13-19 OPEN
19-26 mtomlin66 FQ
26-Sept 4 Madisonsmom45

September
4-12 ateam79828592 (checking in the 3rd)
13-19 sfarmbo (checking out 25th)
19-23 Cinderella's slipper FQ
23-1 kylieh (FQ)

October
1-8 MrsDopey (checking in FQ 9/29)
9-14 NYEmomma (FQ)
14-27 OPEN
27-30 WhitGB (FQ)
30-31 OPEN

November
1-13 OPEN
13-21 Avonlady1001 (FQ)
21-27 OPEN
27-Dec 3 savage1 (FQ)

December[/color]
3-11 OPEN
11-17 LuLu_5 (R)
17-31 OPEN

I'd be interested! We are going to be at POR Nov 28-Dec 5. Not sure if the timing would work out, but let me know if we can be a part.

i would be interested in this swap. i will be at riverside from sept 7-15. icant bring a box on the plane. how large of a box would we need for this? im sure there would an empty box somewhere there at the hotel. let me know. i know i have sample sized/unopened/sealed packets of tide i could donate. im sure there will be other things too. any ideas of what would be needed?

Great! I'll start the list. :)

It's not so much things that are needed, exactly, more just stuff you aren't going to take home w/ you that you think someone else might be able to use. Extra sample sized detergent is an excellent example of this.

You're probably right, Lisa, that the hotel may have a small box for us to use...goodness knows they probably throw away tons...I was thinking shoebox size to start, then getting bigger as it filled up, if need be. :) Just a small box of goodies full of things you may or may not use to keep passing along the magic. :)

If you look at the other PIF threads, they have some things listed of what they've added or used from the boxes. Just seemed like such a nice idea...instead of throwing away that detergent, the next "keeper of the box" may be able to use it, and if not, then the one after that. :yay: Nice to throw in some cute stickers or something to surprise the keeper of the box's kids...just more Disney magic. :)

Does it have to be a box? :confused3 What about a gift bag with handles or a small shopping bag with handle maybe? I guess the problem might be it holding up from person to person, but it would be easy to bring one folded up in a suitcase.

Just a thought...

Don't know how nicely they treat things in luggage services-if a bag would hold up LOL...a box would be pretty easy too, if it's flattened out & just laid on top before zipping the luggage shut. :) Then you'd just need some tape (which they lent me once at the front desk) to put it back together. :)

We'll see what the first person wants to do (if this swap gets that far...). We could always start out w/ some kind of bag then upgrade to a box when we get one there.

How about a small duffle bag, perhaps then the bag could be left at Bell Services, with the next persons name on it. The person starting it could grab a couple of those free luggage tags at the airport and then put the next ones name on it..

count me in...I will be at POFQ Dec 16-21...I am planning on shipping a small Christmas tree....I wont ship it home and wont have room for sure when we return! lol

I will keep the ornaments, so if someone wants a little tree for their stay, all you would have to bring is your items to trim the tree! And I may have coffee/filters left over as well..all I can think of at this point.

I started off the coffee pot swap in mar of 07..(someone handled the thread ) I just left the Mr Coffee:) It lasted a while:)

Sounds good, Disneybride...I'm sure the swapper after you who may be there over Christmas may love that. :)

hello everyone,
on the other swaps they have people fill out cards and tape it to the box. i wonder if index cards would work? what do you think? i can always leave the tape and cards in the box for the next person. do u think this would be a good idea.

i plan on hitting my local dollar store for the trip anyway. i wonder if the post office or dollar store might have a box that would be flat in the suitcase but i could just fold into a box when i get to the hotel. if not i'll follow avonlady's suggestion. if i do find a box, i'll let u know. if not we will still have one. i'll just use a shoe box if thats okay with you guys.

i'll look over in the other pif (pop and allstars threads) for pointers on what they have put into their boxes. i'm going to pick up some stuff from the dollar store anyway for my trip. maybe i'll find something extra for the box :).

glad to see that people are interested in this at port orleans. i hope more people sign up.

lisa

Hello, I, too, had to cancel on the ASMu PIF and will be staying at POR Dec. 17-25, so I would be interested in taking the box for part of my stay!!!

bizeemom4, the box is available until the 28th, so I put you down until then. You'd have to hand it off the day before you leave, hope that's ok. :)

nuts4wdw, the box is already spoken for your dates...but I've put you down as an alternate. :) Of course, there's no rule against sharing...but that's up to you guys.

bizeemom4, the box is available until the 28th, so I put you down until then. You'd have to hand it off the day before you leave, hope that's ok. :)

nuts4wdw, the box is already spoken for your dates...but I've put you down as an alternate. :) Of course, there's no rule against sharing...but that's up to you guys.

Thanks!

avon lady the other boards (pif pop and all stars) have a form that each person has to fill out and send to you. i'll copy it and post it. it gives info about the swap (what to donate etc) and what info is needed by the coordinator. i'll copy it and post it in our thread.

lisa

Sounds good, Lisa. Thanks!! I didn't fill out a form for the PIF at Pop swap. LOL Must be something new. :)

Count me in sista! LOL...You know when I am going...
ps
Avonlady is my sister! LOL...

This will be a grab bag type swap and you never know what you are going to get.

• Things you may find or could include: bandaids, dish soap, toiletries, small childrens toys, water bottles, sealed snacks, really any small items you would like to PAY IT FORWARD.
• FOOD - must be sealed and labelled
• Dish Soap, etc and other non-food liquid items - please ensure they are in sealed Ziploc bags so they do not burst and damage other items.
• Tape a card or paper with the next participant’s information on the top of the box. PLEASE DO NOT WRITE THE NAME ON THE BOX.
• Please pack your own tape in case the tape goes missing. If you can leave it, great.
• Please reinforce, fix or replace the box as needed.

If you are interested, please PM me. New names will be added in the order I get the PMs with ALL of this information.

You DIS Screen Name
Your First and Last Name
The First and Last Name on your reservation
Your check in/out dates
Your personal email
Any other information you feel you need to share with the swapper before you (IE Allergies, etc)
Confirmation Number

avonlady would we contact you with the above info?

That's great, Lisa. I put all that on the front page. :)

As far as the info goes, you can just exchange that info w/ the swappers before & after you when the time is right. :) I don't need it. As long as you get the info from the swappers you need it from, it should go smoothly. Hopefully, we'll get some more interest in this & fill the gaps so our box won't get lost in storage.

:welcome: gwtw428 :welcome:
I'll put your name next to mine since we're going the same week. LOL We can share the box & both pay forward our leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter