Free Disney Dining Plan Question

AndreaO1983

Earning My Ears
If the option of free dining comes out for my travel dates, do I have to cancel my reservation and rebook to get it? I'm planning on booking at BLT and would love to get free dining. If we were able to get it, I'd add more days to our trip. But I don't want to risk losing our resort to get the free dining if we have to cancel to get it. I know that you have to book BLT at least 8 months in advance to get a room.

If the option of free dining comes out for my travel dates, do I have to cancel my reservation and rebook to get it? I'm planning on booking at BLT and would love to get free dining. If we were able to get it, I'd add more days to our trip. But I don't want to risk losing our resort to get the free dining if we have to cancel to get it. I know that you have to book BLT at least 8 months in advance to get a room.

If you have a package booked they can just add the discount, pending availability. However, having a room booked without the discount DOES NOT mean that the room will be available with the discount.

Yep - if you have a package booked you can just add it, assuming the promotion is available for the resort and room type you have already booked - if it isn't, then you have to change something.

if it's a room only reservation, it will have to be cancelled and rebooked as a package.

If you're booking BLT as a DVC member, or if you are renting points from a DVC member to book BLT, then you are not eligible for free dining at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter