• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Disney Dining Plan - Missed by a day

If Disney told you that you missed free dining by a day..what would you do?

• Accept it - it's their policy

• Fight it but accept it if they won't budge

• Accept it but be angry about it

• Fight it until you get what you want

Results are only viewable after voting.

6loversofdisney

DIS Veteran
I am just curious - my friend is going to the World for the first time - two adults, three kids next week. She was told that she missed the date for free dining by a day. Now, my question - would you accept this or would you fight it?

I think I would accept it but my sister would fight it until she got what she wanted. What do you think? What would you do?

I am just curious - my friend is going to the World for the first time - two adults, three kids next week. She was told that she missed the date for free dining by a day. Now, my question - would you accept this or would you fight it?

I think I would accept it but my sister would fight it until she got what she wanted. What do you think? What would you do?

I would accept it and move on. If the dates don't qualify, they don't qualify......there's no "fighting it" because the dates wouldn't apply. There is a choice to be made in that situation.....change your dates or accept it. If the dates can't be changed for whatever reason(s), the discount is lost. One can try fighting it, but the chances of Disney giving in are slim. This is not to say that exceptions have never been made if someone put up a big fight, but I wouldn't count it.

I would ask for the current discount. They are running 35% off right now. I often see the ad on this site.

It totally depends on your definition of "Missed by a day"

If you mean my dates were off by a day, then:
e) Change my dates by a day
f) See if there are room only discounts available that would save me more money anyway.

Failing that, a mix of a) and c) (but the anger would be directed at myself for missing it)

If you mean I booked it the day after the promotion ended, I may ask nicely if there's something they can do for it. If not, see f) above. Like the above, failing that, it'd be that same mix of a and c.

We had the same thing happen to us on our last trip ! The only thing she can do is switch dates or make two reservations check out and back in next day ! When we went in Aug we had a room discount and paid for dining when we priced out difference of making 2 reservations ( without room discount ) it was only saving $40 so not worth it for us ! Either way tell her to have a blast =)

This doesn't sound like a current offer since your friend is going next week, but on the chance that you can still book this FD offer, your friend would have to change her reservation to qualify for the offer. If she is arriving one day before FD starts, she can make a separate 1 night room only reservation, then book the rest of her vacation with a FD package. There would have to be rooms still available at her resort for the FD special or she may have to change room categories or resorts. At this late date, there will probably be change fees that she will have to pay.

If the FD offer just expired and the "book by" date was yesterday, she could try asking guest services if they'll make an exception, but I wouldn't be too optimistic. It would be very unlikely if it's been a while since the "book by" deadline and she just found out about it.

At this time I would just look and see if she qualifies for any other offer. Currently on the special offers page there is a room rate discount that is available for stays starting Nov 10, but must be booked by today (Nov 3).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter