(Free) Disney Dining Defeats Us (with pics)!!! 5/26 Coral Reef, Beaches and Cream

Just curious..... do you know why was the waitress reluctant to allow you to use the $15 voucher and put the rest on the DP?

I ask because I was thinking about trying Planet Hollywood on our upcoming trip and doing the same thing. That way, the voucher would not go to waste and ds and I would share at another restaurant, as well, to balance out our credits.

DB and his family have tried PH and they said the chicken crunch was very yummy and the VIP platter was just what I was thinking of using the voucher towards!!! If there is a chance they won't take our voucher then I need to rethink this.

Thanks

She said we weren't allowed to do both. She was real hush hush about it too. I wonder though if she acted like she was doing us a favor, maybe she thought she'd get a bigger tip??

I'm back to hopefully finish this up! We are going again for free dining this September, so I have to be finished by then!

We had an ADR here for a lat lunch, and when we walked in, the waiting area was PACKED!!! They were turning away walk ups. We waited maybe 10 minutes for our table.

Also, I had secretly arranged the diver to come down with a Happy Anniversary sign, and the personalized menus. So we were seated right next to the tank!

So we sat down, and I was trying to get the camera ready to capture dh's reaction to the menus. Well he opened it up, and QUICKLY closed it! I couldn't even get a picture! For some reason, he thought that the restaurant somehow got pictures of us and put in the menu to surprise us and he didn't want to ruin it for me...LOL. I had to explain that I had them made for us to surprise him. Here's what they looked like:
Bad pic...sorry
122.jpg

Here he is:
121.jpg

Here's the bread and dipping oil:
125.jpg

It was good.

Dh ordered the Grilled Mahi Mahi...topped with Spiced Pineapple Chutney over Cashew-Jasmine Rice finished with Coconut Rum Beurre Blanc.
126.jpg

He LOVED this meal! He rated it as his favorite from the whole trip.

I ordered the Grilled NY Strip served with potatoes au gratin and broccolini.
127.jpg

It was really good!

For dessert, dh had the Bailey's mousse:
130.jpg

He's not a dessert person, but he at this all!

I had the Chocolate Wave:
131.jpg

It was SO good!

Here are pictures of the divers with the signs:
128.jpg

129.jpg

Sorry I can't be more descriptive of our reactions to the meals, but I waited way too long to write this report! I keep reading negative reviews about this restaurant, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. We will be back one day!

I had read alot about Beaches and Cream and really wanted to give it a try! So for dinner, we headed over. We didn't have a wait at all and sat at the counter.
Here are some menu pics:
138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

Dh ordered the Chicken Caesar Salad.
141.jpg

I tasted it, and it was really good! You got a whole chicken breast that was freshly cooked on the grill.

I ordered the Roast Beef Sandwich with fries:
142.jpg

I've always thought this looked SO GOOD! But I was a little disappointed. There wasn't that much meat, and I ended up eating it without the roll. It was still okay though.

Shockingly, for dessert, we were allowed to order ANY of the menu items with the dining plan! Including the No Way Jose! So of course, that is what I ordered! Dh ordered the Banana Split.
148.jpg

These were HUGE and so good! I think I only ate about 10 spoonfuls of mine!

Hi,
How did you make the reservations to have the personalized menu and also how did you get the diver.???

Thanks

I have to say that I have loved your reviews and can't wait to read more.

However, my question is about your shirts. I am going in December for my honeymoon and have been searching for shirts. I noticed the shirts in your pics and absolutely adore them. How/where did you find them?

Is WPE a CS or TS? Thanks in advance. I ask because it looks yummy.

Next up is WPE for dinner. I was so excited to eat here, that we left DHS for our break and headed here before going back for Fantasmic. I had a very difficult time deciding what I wanted here because it all sounds SO GOOD!

We got there at prime dinner time and it was empty, probably because of the buckets of rain that were coming down all afternoon. And the thunder and lightning. There was no line whatsoever.

I went with the chicken caesar salad and a soda.
035.jpg

It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo delicious! :worship:
There was chicken in every bite. I am a little bit picky with my caesar dressing, but this was great! And that little crispy bread thing was also very good when eaten in conjunction with the salad.

Dh went with the spicy chicken pizza and a soda.
034.jpg

This is one meal where I actually got good comments from him versus just telling me it was good. :lmao: He told me it was "delicious, just hot enough to leave a little burn on the lips...perfect." I also tasted it, and it was DELICIOUS! And I don't really like spicy things. We thought the chicken was going to be seasoned to make it spicy. But it was the red pepper flakes sprinkled on top that gave it the kick. It just tasted so good!

For dessert dh got the creme brulee and I got the chocolate chip cookie.
036.jpg

Both were very good.

We loved it so much here that we make a return trip later in the week. I really hope they keep this counter service on the dining plan!

Hi,
How did you make the reservations to have the personalized menu and also how did you get the diver.???

Thanks

I don't think they are doing the diver anymore, but I contacted Coral Reef directly about the menus. I emailed some pictures then to someone there.

I have to say that I have loved your reviews and can't wait to read more.

However, my question is about your shirts. I am going in December for my honeymoon and have been searching for shirts. I noticed the shirts in your pics and absolutely adore them. How/where did you find them?

Visit the Disigns section of this message board! All of the designs were made by fabulous people on this board! And then I just printed them out and ironed them on plain t shirts.

Is WPE a CS or TS? Thanks in advance. I ask because it looks yummy.

CS, and one of the best values for your money!

OK you got me !!!! Now, I am on both of your threads. :goodvibes Please finish this one. Waiting for Kona. :cheer2:

Looking great, the divers with the sign at coral reef is such a lovely touch! Mmmmm I could dig into that No Way Jose right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter