• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining released for various dates through Dec.2012

Thank you all!

I was please to find out that when I called I did have the "famous" FD pin lol.

I almost started to cry I was sooooo excited :rotfl: Its what I was waiting for to be able to book.

Last time I was in Disney was 08! So I am super excited and can hardly wait :woohoo:

Thank you all!

I was please to find out that when I called I did have the "famous" FD pin lol.

I almost started to cry I was sooooo excited :rotfl: Its what I was waiting for to be able to book.

Last time I was in Disney was 08! So I am super excited and can hardly wait :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana: when are you going and where are you staying?

Well poo. We are arriving on the 8th of December and it doesn't start until the 10th. So, good people of the Dis, please talk me into a split stay. Tell me that it won't be a hassle. Tell me that we will end up saving a good amount of money (we are staying at Pop and would pay to upgrade to the Plus Dining rather than the QS plan). Tell me that my rates won't go up if they choose to raise prices between now and when I change to a split stay. Can I even stay in the same resort? I know so little about this and really don't want to add a big hassle. I am traveling with my husband, DD2, sister, mother, father, and grandparents who are both in their 80s. This it is going to be worth it?

I called this morning to see if i had a Pin. The CM said I had a 20% off room rate pin for any resort and another pin for free QS dining for moderate & value + regular dining for deluxe which exprires on 6/3/2012.

I guess I didn't have a Pin for free regular dining at a moderate resort which is what I was looking for because I want to upgrade to DXDP.

I have already booked my trip so I do not know if I will be getting a new pin :( . I could have added free QS for now and changed it later if another offer came along, but there were no more offers left for my hotel (POFQ). He said there are a certain % of special offers available for each resort at one time.

He said I may get a new pin but no guarantees.

I called this morning to see if i had a Pin. The CM said I had a 20% off room rate pin for any resort and another pin for free QS dining for moderate & value + regular dining for deluxe which exprires on 6/3/2012.

I guess I didn't have a Pin for free regular dining at a moderate resort which is what I was looking for because I want to upgrade to DXDP.

I have already booked my trip so I do not know if I will be getting a new pin :( . I could have added free QS for now and changed it later if another offer came along, but there were no more offers left for my hotel (POFQ). He said there are a certain % of special offers available for each resort at one time.

He said I may get a new pin but no guarantees.

I called this morning, too. No pin code for me at all. However, the CM I spoke with mentioned something about June or July for those dates (refering to our 11/29-12/8 dates). So I'm keeping my fingers crossed! She also told me to try to call once a week, which is what I have been doing.

June starts this week and SW should be opening up the rest of the year for flights in about a week or so. Would be great if we can have both that available and free dining for the GP.

I got that too, but the people on the phone told me its not available for value resorts? Anyone had the same experience?

So how likely are they to go public with this free dining offer? I really hope they do :) I'm still trying to decide what month to go...either November this year, or February '13. The free dining offer might help with the decision making! Do you have to get the 4 night/5 day ticket package, or can it be a longer stay and still get the deal? We plan on a 7 night/5 day ticket package. Thanks!

If I remember right last year they offered it to Disney Visa holders a few days before the GP offer, correct? Should that be expected this year as well?

I did not get the free dining code, but my mom did. Since we are planning on going with my parents on our next trip can she book two rooms and include us in the free dining offer? or is only one room allowed?

I did not get the free dining code, but my mom did. Since we are planning on going with my parents on our next trip can she book two rooms and include us in the free dining offer? or is only one room allowed?

You can book up to 3 room for the FD code! I will be booking a room for my sister and she will just use her CC to make the payments !

We got a pin for free dining PLUS while we stay in POR Dec12th - 19th :cool1: When she said, yes u guys have free dining plus!!! Heck yea we jumped on that offer!

We booked our trip for Oct 19-Nov 2 today before the rates go up. REALLY hoping that free dining is announced soon and still includes those dates so we can add it (or by some miracle I get a pin code. I keep calling but no such luck!!!) If we can't get free dining we may have to cancel our reservation since we just can't afford another $1500 for food. :sad1:

so according to this, when is the time to stay in DEC? from 12/10 through the 16th and pray for a free pin once we're booked? how do you get a pin? directly through disney once we've book w/our travel agent? hoping we get something. looking to stay at the riverside since we're somewhat limited to the family of 5 and money. I'd love a $8k+ vacation but trying to keep it realistic and w/in our budget after meals/air/hotel and park passes are all done.

I just got an email from Disney Destinations. They are offering newly released free dining for the fall. I didn't see this posted anywhere else.

EMAIL:
Get a first look at

FREE Disney Dining
with the purchase of a non-discounted 4-Night/5-Day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For arrivals most nights 9/30–10/4/12; 10/19–11/1/12; 11/9–11/15/12; 11/23–11/29/12; 12/10–12/13/12.
Book now through 7/28/12.

Also offering room discounts for the summer:
Save up to 30% on a stay at select
Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

For stays most nights 8/15–9/29/12.
Book now through 8/14/12.

Just called and no luck with any PINS. We got one a while back which saved us 10% off our 2 night stay at POP but nothing yet for the 6 nights at Poly *fingers crossed* Good luck all!

I'm just wondering, we've made our ADRs for the trip. If the free dining offer comes along and we add it on, can we just modify our ADRs or do we have to make new ones? I'm imagining the mayhem if everyone has to redo theirs, especially since so many require us to pay upfront.

Just called and no luck with any PINS. We got one a while back which saved us 10% off our 2 night stay at POP but nothing yet for the 6 nights at Poly *fingers crossed* Good luck all!

I'm just wondering, we've made our ADRs for the trip. If the free dining offer comes along and we add it on, can we just modify our ADRs or do we have to make new ones? I'm imagining the mayhem if everyone has to redo theirs, especially since so many require us to pay upfront.

Your ADRs do not need to be changed. You can just used the dining plan to pay for your meal at the time of the meal. The only time it is beneficial to have your dining plan associated with your ADR is whn you book a meal like CRT at the castle. If you don't have the DP at the time you book that ADR, you have to pay the meal in full when you book. For regular ADRs, it is not necessary to link to your DP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter