Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!

Twister: whats behind the brush?? A brick wall? A bearded lady ? What?

So much POFQ love here....I am a POLY man myself. Think there will be availability there?

That is my dream resort.
I can remember being a little girl and taking the ferry over and seeing the kids playing on the beach and swimming in the lake and thinking how lucky they were to live at Disney World. Back then there were only the 2 resorts and you could actually swim in the water.

I will get there someday.

Had our trip all figured out and now need to go back to the drawing board and re-look at everything.

My parents called and said they want to come with us. We already have Poly reserved for our family of 5 and were hoping to get a RO discount, but now wondering if we should split stay at AOA for the first couple days to save some money. Parents are arriving Oct 2nd (although we don't arrive until the 4th), so now FD is a possibility, at least for them. They are self sufficient, prefer CS over TS (unlike our family), but staying at the same resort would be ideal.

Question... anyone who has done a split stay.... was it a giant hassle, or pleasantly manageable?
I did a split stay in 2005...moving from Poly to BCV on Christmas morning. We left most of our bags with Poly bell services for transfer (minus DH's laptop) and took the monorail to Epcot, walked through it and onto the BC to check in. The BC villa was ready even though it was *well* before check in time. Pretty hassle free. The only issue we had (very minor) was that our bags weren't in the room when we got back from Epcot mid-afternoon. But it was a hugely busy day. We called bell services and they said our bags would be arriving at the villa a little after 5...and they were pretty much on the dot with the timing.

I took Magical Express both there and back...I seem to remember having to call after I made the Poly reservation online to get the return ME voucher changed to my end date at BCV (was renting points,did not rent through Disney). Even that worked fine.

I'm considering a split stay for my next trip, though this time, I think I'll take a cab from resort to resort. These days, I'm willing to pay a little extra to save time, lol.

Hello normal level headed people and hello to the WACKO's too counseling is always an option for you...sorry can't handle people freaking out on other people trying to help out....

Anyway question IF (step back from the ledge if it does not happen) free dining does happen and become available Aug 1st does the website get updated right away so I can book that way? Past trips I have done my reservations through the website...thanks and stay calm people there are much bigger problems in the world:thumbsup2

Other than the post from Chip & Co., have we seen anything else that mentions all those strange resort inclusions on the FD like POFQ and the GF? Seems strange to me. There is availability in all room categories at POFQ for Thanksgiving week (assuming you check in on the 23rd to qualify for free dining). I would think this would be one of the busier weeks. Hoping POFQ isn't excluded...

So much POFQ love here....I am a POLY man myself. Think there will be availability there?

They call us the PO Army behind our backs ;)

However POLY is the one Deluxe that is on my wish list. (done BC and loved it but POFQ is my home)

...does the website get updated right away so I can book that way? Past trips I have done my reservations through the website...thanks and stay calm people there are much bigger problems in the world

Yes, with a public special offer it will be bookable online on the disneyworld site.

POFQ was my first choice. I love the small resort, close to everything, really not a bad view even at the standard level, the food court is tasty and I love the boat to DTD.

However when looking at back up plans my mom really flipped for the Royal Rooms at POR. I have been thinking of a stay there and I think it will be more available. Still has a boat to DTD, still has a style of themeing that I like, the lack of benigets is not great as my mom loves the NOLA ones but we'll wonder over to get some at FQ, but most of all my Deluxe loving mama liked it. I am worried about the distance but getting a Royal Room will help the worry of a long hike.

We are not pool people but I believe the slide is a little more thrilling than the Dragon at POFQ, so if she loves the pool that might win her over.

Thanks :) If we did stay at POR i think we would like to stay at the mansion buildings, if CBR Jamaica or Aruba, what are the odds on Room requests, just depend on availability? Anyone know where the Pirate rooms are at CBR. Not that we want one, just wondering. We just really wouldn't want to be at Trinidad South. Still torn where to go with option 2 behind POFQ.

Also does CBR have queen beds now?

Thanks for your thought really appreciated!!

Oh, I would L-O-V-E to stay at the Poly ~ it's my wallet that won't let me ;)

they are doing a refurb on the food court aug5-dec20 so buses will be taking the sports guest to movies and music for food and arcade play

Wow that's interesting.

Glad I come here because I had no idea, and we were planning to book Sports in October.

Any good links that provide more info? I don't want to take up this (more important) thread.

Well, at least the waiting has given me time to make spreadsheets! Disney nerds unite! :goodvibes Fun never ends. Let's hope for Thursday morning for RO. It's my birthday and it would be the perfect present to myself! :love:

See POR is my ONLY resort of choice, I'm willing to change room category but that's it! Fingers crossed POR is included in SOMETHING!!!

You and me both since switching up is out of the question financially right now and POR R is our only choice for a family of 5.
Good luck!
If not, as I said, I'll retry for February.

Well, at least the waiting has given me time to make spreadsheets! Disney nerds unite! :goodvibes Fun never ends. Let's hope for Thursday morning for RO. It's my birthday and it would be the perfect present to myself! :love:

Happy Birthday Early:cake:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter