Free Dining Announcement by April 12

lustergirl, goodie, goodie!! There is a very good chance that we shall be at DW when you are. If you need an old person to hold parade seats for you some night let me know. I have already made a promise for another person but I have a feeling, if things work out, we shall see more than ONE parade. :lmao: If I am going to sit there for two hours for my favorite seats I insist on seeing TWO parades. Told ya, I 'm greedy.

keliblue, thanks for the offer. We stayed for 3 weeks last time and I came home 4 pounds lighter. I have lost 90 pounds so far and am down about 7.5 for this year so far. It is very hard for me to lose weight. I cannot wait until I make that 100 pound mark. I refuse to think of how many more pounds I have to go. At least Barnum and Bailey has stopped sending employment applications. :rotfl2:

I love the Disney Diet, between the walking and distractions as well as the heat in the summer I can eat what I want (not that much) and still lose weight. Just gotta win the lottery and spend a full year there to get BEE U TA FULL!!!

Slightly Goofy

SG... you ARE my hero !! I must be doing something wrong because I manage to gain about 4 pounds every trip :sad2: and I can't afford to gain any:rolleyes:

Mannnnnn, I've been away for two days & look at all I've missed:confused3
SGoofy. are those "nameless Sept people ME:banana: ?
You also might get the chance to meet KelliBlue in Dec with us if my DH bales out:rotfl: We met on the boards last year & at the Pop party. We took a short trip in Nov, that allowed us to book bounceback. She is the best:love: You are soooooo gonna have the greatest time for 28 days:banana: BTW - I didn't loose weight, what's your secret?????
xoxo
Bonzi

Bonzi !!! Where have you been ?:mad: I have missed you GF :hug: December with Bonzi and the boys would be awesome :cloud9: COME ON JEFF :rotfl: i promise, I won't hold my breath :rolleyes:

I think another option would be to only offer free dining to the deluxe resorts. I know that may sound unfair but I think people may spend the extra for resorts to get free dining. AS a family of 5 I know I would becuase with 3 growing boys and my husband food is very important(and lots of it). Seems kind of crazy that they offer the same free dining deal on a package regardless of if the room is $100.00 or $400.00. Good Luck to us all.

Okay, now I'm feeling confident about the free dining, BUT - I'm not convinced anybody has the dates right yet.
Call me a ****-eyed optimist, but I'm still holding out hope for the deal extending to the end of Sept.
Please??

I am currently booked at POFQ for Sept 24 -30 with the dining plan (and the 40% off) WHEN (got to think positive) free dining comes out, I will change our dates to Sept 22 - 29th. If it doesn't come out then I will keep our current ressie and add on 2 days of hotel only at the begining of the trip. With free dinign I might even try to upgrade our resort to AKL.

I should say I already have all my ADRs for Sept 22 - 30. I din't have any problems getting anything even though I called a day late! I even was able to get a peak dining time for LeCellier (and they had quite a few times available) so something tells me that the total number of hotel/dining reservations for that week isn't that high!

I think another option would be to only offer free dining to the deluxe resorts. I know that may sound unfair but I think people may spend the extra for resorts to get free dining. AS a family of 5 I know I would becuase with 3 growing boys and my husband food is very important(and lots of it). Seems kind of crazy that they offer the same free dining deal on a package regardless of if the room is $100.00 or $400.00.
Makes sense... Just thinking about the 40% discount PIN codes that have been around recently: 40% off a deluxe resort room is a lot more money off than 40% off a value resort room.

I think another option would be to only offer free dining to the deluxe resorts. I know that may sound unfair but I think people may spend the extra for resorts to get free dining. AS a family of 5 I know I would becuase with 3 growing boys and my husband food is very important(and lots of it). Seems kind of crazy that they offer the same free dining deal on a package regardless of if the room is $100.00 or $400.00. Good Luck to us all.

You choose to stay at a deluxe and I choose a value. Why should you get free dining and not me? You are not being forced to pay that extra money. It is your choice. I choose to spend my money on other things than an overpriced room.

I think the best option is to have it just like last year. At least there's no - "well last year they did this" going on. Why reinvent the wheel. last year worked just fine.

(can you tell I'm really hoping and praying it goes until the end of September instead of the 22nd like the rumor says ;) :lmao: )

One has a choice on where to stay based on cost and theming desired. One has a choice to add the dining plan. The dining plan costs the same regardless of what resort you call home for your vacation.

If it cost more at a deluxe, then maybe - just maybe... (but probably not)

And, I'd be more likely to upgrade to a deluxe from my moderate if the free DDP works with our dates - so WDTC will still get as much money from us! LOL

Well I have it all planned and even made my ticker so as soon as it is announced I will be on the phone booking for Sept 9-19! WOOHOO!! :banana: :banana:

Hi,
First...I love the Disney diet too. I always eat what I want and lose weight from all the running around...
and TWO I heard a rumor they might extend the FD into October??? Is that laughable?

We always go in October.
Debbie

I have read on several posts that Disney offers the free dining plan usually the same time each year. During what times do they usually offer it?

Dottie

They've only offered it twice at this point -- and I'd not guess it will be a yearly thing unless very restricted. It has gone from mid-August - Sept, though two years ago it went into early October as well. I'd not be surprised, if they do it, if dates are restricted to just the one month.

I suspect they did both #2 and #3, in the right measure. What I read into that aspect of the rumor is that Disney did have a lot of success with the targeted offerings of free dining, and with the 40% off codes, for the early part and the late part of hurricane season, and only had trouble filling rooms in the deepest part of the heart of hurricane season.

Mid August to September has always been a slow time (well, 20 years ago late August was busier), due to kids going back to school. We haven't had a lot of hurricane issues in central Florida, except 2004 since I've lived here.

October is hurricane season, but busier due to the Food and Wine Festival and conventions.

Hi,
First...I love the Disney diet too. I always eat what I want and lose weight from all the running around...
and TWO I heard a rumor they might extend the FD into October??? Is that laughable?

We always go in October.
Debbie

It was into October last year - kind of. If you checked in by 30 SEP then you could get the free DDP through your stay (up to 10 nights)

I doubt they will actually extend arrival dates into October. Especially with the rumored final arrival date being 22 Sep.

Hi,

We always go in October.
Debbie

I can't see that Disney would ever do that (past the first few days). When they do offer discounts, the pickings in October are very slim, the resorts are VERY busy at that time at full price (or with a AAA discount).

Is there any chance Free dining will start on value season Aug.5th Anyone? We got to go the past 2 years under free dining, but DS is going into the 1st grade and don't want to pull him out of school for a week so have to start trip on Aug. 5th. Just Hoping!!

I know the announcement is happening on the 12, as to what it will entail i do not know. However is this April 12th the public announcement. I am a Disney Visa holder and was wondering how much earlier the announcement will get to us and by what means. On the Chase site, or in an email, etc....any help?

The rumour mill is churning and per Lou Mongello's podcast, Free Dining in August and September is coming back. There might be an anouncement as early as April 12.

Maz:3dglasses

WHAT NUMBER PODCAST DID U LISTEN 2 I REALLY WANNA HEAR WAT DEY SAID BOUT THE DINNING PLAN?!?! :confused:

:cutie: XOXO_ALLIE_XOXO

You choose to stay at a deluxe and I choose a value. Why should you get free dining and not me? You are not being forced to pay that extra money. It is your choice. I choose to spend my money on other things than an overpriced room.

I think its unfair to label the rooms (and the people who choose them) like that. Just because you see certain benefits in the value resorts, doesn't mean we all do. I know I don't. What may seem an overpriced room (deluxes) to you, is "you get what you pay for" to me....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter