• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

I have a questions about free dining pins. My dad just received one. I realize the person who receives the pin must be on the reservation.

1. Can I cancel my current reservation and add an additional room to my parents reservation so that we can all use his pin?
2.Do we still have to book the same type of park tickets? We currently have water park hoppers and they only have hoppers.
3. Also they have a standard room and we have a royal. Can we still book a royal if they have standard on the same reservation?

Thanks for the help guys and gals!

1. You are able to use the PIN to book up to 3 rooms and you do not need to cancel your current reservation. If you both already have a reservation and the 2 reservations are linked/associated with each other, you can just call and apply the PIN as long as there are rooms available at your resort still available with the PIN code. Unfortunately Disney limits the allotment/resort/room category for PIN receivers, just like FD or RO discounts.
  2. Ticket types are based on the room :) so everyone in the room must have the same tickets. So if your parents are in the same room as you then everyones ticket would have to match BUT If you each have your own room then everyone in your room can have one type of ticket and everyone in your parents room can have a different ticket type.
  3. You can each have your own room category. They do not have to match.
:thumbsup2

If anyone is looking for a cars suite with free dining any time in this time frame 11/12-11/26 book for those dates and call and drop the days you don't need :)

I have never seen Disney put more rooms into the FD pool BUT families book in hopes of going but have to cancel for whatever reason, opening up rooms. You will normally see more rooms opening starting around 60 days prior to the date and even more around the 45 day mark since the payment for the trip is due at the 45 day mark and there are charges to cancel, move re-arrange around that time as well.

I guess that means we won't be able to get what we are looking for. The FD offer ends August 8th. That is still way before 60 days for the dates we want to go.

Dont give up hope. Also look for dates before your arrival too. Sometimes if u are going for 7 days a room isnt available but if u put lets say 10 day one might show up. Book it and call to drop the extra days

I have an AP, and booked free dining with the 2 day base ticket. Can I use the 2 day ticket for a future trip? How is this done with MDE?

You have to go to guest services and have them change the "priority" of your tickets so that the AP is 1st priority and used when you enter the park instead of the 2 day tickets.

You would be able to use the 2 day tickets for a future trip. They don't begin to expire until after you have used the 1st day. Then you have 14 days to use the remaining days before they expire.

Sorry to dredge this back up, but I need further clarification on the above. We have recently added an AP guest to our reservation--she had to get the 9 day ticket that we had to be able to stay in our room. So, I understand that she needs to go to Guest services to change the priority of her tickets to use her AP tickets as first priority. So that 9 day pass--is it able to be given away or is it tied to her forever? When does it expire?

can they change the priority (the AP tickets over the 2 day free dining tickets) at check in? or do we have to go to guest relations at a park or DTD disney?

our check in day we will be hot footing it over to epcot to see Jo Dee Messina. I assume there is a guest relations outside the park? I hate to have to waste time standing in line before we get in.

can they change the priority (the AP tickets over the 2 day free dining tickets) at check in? or do we have to go to guest relations at a park or DTD disney?

our check in day we will be hot footing it over to epcot to see Jo Dee Messina. I assume there is a guest relations outside the park? I hate to have to waste time standing in line before we get in.

Go to guest relations outside the park before you enter Epcot.

We actually took this a step further because I had heard of a few cases where some people's prioritization didn't work properly, and the wrong tickets were accidentally used. We had guest relations remove our two day tickets (because we had annual passes) and put them on separate cards that we could re-link to MDE when we were ready.

Go to guest relations outside the park before you enter Epcot. We actually took this a step further because I had heard of a few cases where some people's prioritization didn't work properly, and the wrong tickets were accidentally used. We had guest relations remove our two day tickets (because we had annual passes) and put them on separate cards that we could re-link to MDE when we were ready.

And when do they expire?

Can anyone use them, or do they have to be used by initial assigned purchaser?

And when do they expire?

Can anyone use them, or do they have to be used by initial assigned purchaser?

These tickets do not expire. :thumbsup2

As for who can use them? I'm not 100% sure but I think anyone can use them once they are pulled off your MDE. So right now I have two adult tickets and two child tickets that I believe can be given away. I might be wrong about that though.

Go to guest relations outside the park before you enter Epcot.

We actually took this a step further because I had heard of a few cases where some people's prioritization didn't work properly, and the wrong tickets were accidentally used. We had guest relations remove our two day tickets (because we had annual passes) and put them on separate cards that we could re-link to MDE when we were ready.

this is what I wanted to do! when I called the special number that deals with magic bands and they connected me to tech supposrt, they couldn't do anything yet, not even proritize, cause the tickets aren't valid until the check in date.

when I aske if I could take the tickets off at check in and have the physcial tickets, they said no. I'll aske when I get there ..sigh...
I won't be using these 2 days tickets until at LEAST fall of 2015, if then..hate to not have them and trust disneys' system to keep them safe! lol or in a year or more go to upgrade the 2 day tickets and find out they were used cause a Cm didn't prioritized them correctly.. double sigh...

(I really dislike this whole new system, can you tell?? lol)

this is what I wanted to do! when I called the special number that deals with magic bands and they connected me to tech supposrt, they couldn't do anything yet, not even proritize, cause the tickets aren't valid until the check in date.

when I aske if I could take the tickets off at check in and have the physcial tickets, they said no. I'll aske when I get there ..sigh...
I won't be using these 2 days tickets until at LEAST fall of 2015, if then..hate to not have them and trust disneys' system to keep them safe! lol or in a year or more go to upgrade the 2 day tickets and find out they were used cause a Cm didn't prioritized them correctly.. double sigh...

(I really dislike this whole new system, can you tell?? lol)

I dislike the system as well....it's such a hassle when things don't work properly....anyways....

It was last December when we had our two day tickets removed from our bands. Hopefully it won't be a problem for you.

What I have learned is that the tech people that you call are always enthusiastic about the whole system, but they frequently give incorrect information.

Guest relation cm's deal with the daily (and real) problems of the MB's. Many of the cm's I have talked to are frustrated with the system as well. I bet they will remove the tickets for you. Just make sure you go to Guest Relations outside of the park first. Good luck.

I have never seen Disney put more rooms into the FD pool BUT families book in hopes of going but have to cancel for whatever reason, opening up rooms. You will normally see more rooms opening starting around 60 days prior to the date and even more around the 45 day mark since the payment for the trip is due at the 45 day mark and there are charges to cancel, move re-arrange around that time as well.

Fyi Disney as the days go on is adding more and more rooms. Check the website. AOA suites, POP are now freeing up:banana::goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Fyi Disney as the days go on is adding more and more rooms. Check the website. AOA suites, POP are now freeing up:banana::goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Not sure they opened more rather than people canceling or moving to another resort since they are getting PIN codes but whatever the reason............ YIPPY YAHOO!!! :banana:

dobirdsmommy said:

They must be. 2 weeks ago there were not AoA suites available with FD. Today I checked for a client and- BOOM! There were all 3 to choose from!

Not sure they opened more rather than people canceling or moving to another resort since they are getting PIN codes but whatever the reason............ YIPPY YAHOO!!! :banana:

I know for our dates they opened more up because our dates were not included in the original free dining dates at value resorts and now they are.

Yes I was able to get AoA Lion King for 10/26-11/3. I have been checking multiple times per day for two weeks and nothing ever came up until today. I think Beach Club was also showing availability but I need the suite.

Very excited!

Yes I was able to get AoA Lion King for 10/26-11/3. I have been checking multiple times per day for two weeks and nothing ever came up until today. I think Beach Club was also showing availability but I need the suite.

Very excited!

That's how I was and all the checking finally paid off! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

That's how I was and all the checking finally paid off! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Lol I was seriously about to just throw in the towel and hope for some sort of a room discount but I saw another thread on here and got on there and had that booked so fast my head was spinning.

Lol I was seriously about to just throw in the towel and hope for some sort of a room discount but I saw another thread on here and got on there and had that booked so fast my head was spinning.

:thumbsup2 yay us! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter