• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Dining 2014 Discussion ~ Part 3

I was able to switch my ressie today from POP to POR using a PIN. I wanted CS, and even though they added a lot of rooms, still nothing there. Just about everything but CS. Would have done WL if the pool wasn't closed.

Never stayed at POR before - only visited for dinner. As it turns out, on the Royal Rooms were available so that is what we booked. Those seem tobe in a good location too.

I was able to switch my ressie today from POP to POR using a PIN. I wanted CS, and even though they added a lot of rooms, still nothing there. Just about everything but CS. Would have done WL if the pool wasn't closed.

Never stayed at POR before - only visited for dinner. As it turns out, on the Royal Rooms were available so that is what we booked. Those seem tobe in a good location too.

I really like POR, it's a really pretty resort and very relaxing. The food court is great too and they have the nightly piano man Bob who's a lot of fun.

I really like POR, it's a really pretty resort and very relaxing. The food court is great too and they have the nightly piano man Bob who's a lot of fun.

Thanks. I remember eating dinner there and afterwards hanging out in one of the lounges. It was very cozy there was a chill in the air in Nov.

POR is my most favorite resort. I think you will love it! Be sure to check out: www.portorleans.org Its a great website with a ton of information and photos.

I was able to switch my ressie today from POP to POR using a PIN. I wanted CS, and even though they added a lot of rooms, still nothing there. Just about everything but CS. Would have done WL if the pool wasn't closed. Never stayed at POR before - only visited for dinner. As it turns out, on the Royal Rooms were available so that is what we booked. Those seem tobe in a good location too.

We stayed at POR for the first time last year. We too had to book royal room to get free dining due to it being the only room available for our timeframe. My dd09 was thrilled and I loved the Disney magic in the room. I had heard a lot of complaints about the large size of the resort and was a little nervous before we arrived. It was all for nothing :). We were in Oak Manor, right behind the fountain where they show the nightly movie (we could watch it from our window). The location was awesome and it was a super short walk to the main building every morning. There is a wonderful port Orleans thread on here that helped me so much. You are going to love your stay in the royal rooms!

Question for you all..DH informed me last night that he would like to take a day on our trip this fall and go to Universal... We booked back in May when FD was first offered. Now that FD offer is no longer available, if I wanted to add a day at the end of our trip would I be able to add it to our existing ressie and keep our FD? Or would I have to add a room only and do a split stay? If so I may just do a day at the end or beginning and stay onsite Universal. Any ideas or suggestions or know how this would work? I def. don't want to lose my FD on my existing plans!

Question for you all..DH informed me last night that he would like to take a day on our trip this fall and go to Universal... We booked back in May when FD was first offered. Now that FD offer is no longer available, if I wanted to add a day at the end of our trip would I be able to add it to our existing ressie and keep our FD? Or would I have to add a room only and do a split stay? If so I may just do a day at the end or beginning and stay onsite Universal. Any ideas or suggestions or know how this would work? I def. don't want to lose my FD on my existing plans!

I guess I would just call Disney. The booking window ended 8/8. Normally I don't think its any issue simply adding an extra day onto an existing reservation, even if its free dining (we've done that) but with the booking window expired I don't know if that impacts your ability to do it or not. Again, easiest way to find out is to simply call Disney reservations and ask them.

Consider too that if you stay onsite at Universal there are perks for staying there....I've never been so don't really want to misspeak, but I've been reading a lot about it in the threads on FP......whatever the equivalent is at Universal, there are extra perks for those staying onsite there. So check that and see if it would be worth it.

I would definitely consider adding on a night or two (at the beginning or end of your trip) at a Universal resort in order to take advantage of Express Pass. Besides, it's hard to take advantage of free dining when you're not on site to enjoy it. :)

I would definitely consider adding on a night or two (at the beginning or end of your trip) at a Universal resort in order to take advantage of Express Pass. Besides, it's hard to take advantage of free dining when you're not on site to enjoy it. :)

I was thinking the same thing on the FD, when would I use my extra credits? I'm sure I could fit them in earlier in the week but I think the Express pass would be more useful. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

I was thinking the same thing on the FD, when would I use my extra credits? I'm sure I could fit them in earlier in the week but I think the Express pass would be more useful. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Having extra entitlements, especially TS, is not a bad thing. We intentionally do that so that we can enjoy either a signature restaurant, certain character dinners or shows/packages like the CP package or Hoop Dee Doo Review, all of which generally require 2TS. It wouldn't be difficult to find use of an extra TS. Extra CS entitlements, you can always use those for breakfast options at your resort.

Another great use of "extra" CS and snack....think about your journey home. Whether you're going by plane, train or automobile, you can take a sandwich along with you (CBR has great sandwiches for this, I'm not fond of Earl, but that would be another). Snacks.....well, Goofy's in DTD has enough variety that if you're like us and rarely use the snacks in the park (all those other meals fill us up too much, even when we share a meal).....take home yummies either for the journey home, or to remind you of Disney and ease the withdrawal once home, or thrill your friends who were jealous of your trip by offering them a treat!

Having extra entitlements, especially TS, is not a bad thing. We intentionally do that so that we can enjoy either a signature restaurant, certain character dinners or shows/packages like the CP package or Hoop Dee Doo Review, all of which generally require 2TS. It wouldn't be difficult to find use of an extra TS. Extra CS entitlements, you can always use those for breakfast options at your resort.

What is the CP Package? (Crystal Palace?)

Never mind, I figured it out, its Candlelight Processional. Sorry, can't figure out how to delete a post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter