Free Dining 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I called in the morning on March 1, only to be told that Sports was the only value left. I called back at 10pm that night and had my choice of any value I wanted. It was funny because at first he too said Sports was all that was left...then he asked me if I had really been over 50 times and offered me any of the values I wanted. I found that odd indeed, but it does seem like values are the first things folks want. :confused3

We will be staying Value. But considering if it's worth the $380 to upgrade to the DDP rather than just QSDP. Right now we are only planning on doing 2 TS (Ohana and Chef Mickey) and estimating it will cost about $230 for those 2 meals. Any advice people?

We love the 1 table service a day! We try to find the funnest restaurants for the kids and enjoy sitting and relaxing for one meal a day! It's also great to get a break from the quick service lines and burgers! :banana:

So I would like your opinion. We booked a family suite (booked just as a family suite rather than a specific theme so that the theme will be a surprise!) in AOA. We booked back in Feb and we are booked for the week of sept 15. Planning on calling on the 9th to add free dining. I've heard rumors that in the past there have been 7 hr phone wait times. Do I call and hold and take my chances or should I just book a new reservation online with fd on may 9 then call later and cancel the first one?
Thanks

We will be staying Value. But considering if it's worth the $380 to upgrade to the DDP rather than just QSDP. Right now we are only planning on doing 2 TS (Ohana and Chef Mickey) and estimating it will cost about $230 for those 2 meals. Any advice people?

Now that all four of us are "adults" (how is 10 an adult???), I started running the numbers on how much it costs to upgrade versus just moving to a mod resort and getting the TS plan for free. It's basically not enough difference to matter--even the CM on the phone confirmed it.

We were planning on POFQ and TS dining.....until we saw the dates. We're going last week of August and even a RO discount probably won't make a huge difference for us. Now it's one of the AS resorts and paying OOP for meals. But at least we're still going!

So I would like your opinion. We booked a family suite (booked just as a family suite rather than a specific theme so that the theme will be a surprise!) in AOA. We booked back in Feb and we are booked for the week of sept 15. Planning on calling on the 9th to add free dining. I've heard rumors that in the past there have been 7 hr phone wait times. Do I call and hold and take my chances or should I just book a new reservation online with fd on may 9 then call later and cancel the first one?
Thanks

I have never ever heard of seven hour waits. An hour yes but never that long. It isn't always online immediately on the day of public offering bit if it came up then by all means use it. If you call on the day of the visa offer then it won't be online as the only way to book that is by phone. But still no seven hour. That's just crazy talk

We've been getting 2 connecting values for a long time for our family and we now only travel during free dining weeks and we always upgrade to the regular dining plan. Even paying $500 or so to upgrade is totally worth it. We usually do 8 or 9 nights and everyone has their favorite restaurants and character meals each trip, and that's about $2000+ worth of food, so totally worth the upgrade for us :-)

So when's everyone planning to go? I'm planning on September 6-14 and my dining reservations have already been made.

That's the same days our family is going. We are going to resort/parks prior to Fantasy 7 night western carribean cruise. We are currently booked at CR GW but depending on if/what promo offered we may change to WL (my kids favorite) or try a moderate like POR RR. We will see what May 9th brings...

We are going Sept 22 thru 28. Already booked at POFQ but will change resorts if need to for FD. So excited! We've done QSDP but never DDP. Made my ADR's right at 180 and got everything we wanted at times we wanted! 1900 PF Breakfast (DD5 is a HUGE Alice fan), CRT Dinner, Crystal palace before park opens, Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg lunch, Coral Reef dinner. Even though I know CRT is not a good deal on the dining plan, we could never afford it otherwise. Thanks for the heads up on Free dining! We are disney visa holders (we have the regular card and the premier card actually) and my TA is on alert to get FD added asap! Hopefully it will all work out!!

I'm in! Even though I am not going til November, I love seeing how much people save. Can I ask a favor and if the FD gets extended in July or August, can you post it here also, if you start a new thread? I try to keep up with all the new threads, but sometimes work and life gets in the way. If it is posted here, I will get notification in my email. :)

This is my first attempt at this as I'm new to this site but not new to Disney!!!

My question for anyone is....

I booked today at AoA for Sept 21-27 in the LM room with tickets and regular dining. I am a Disney Visa Cardholder. Will I be able to keep me reservation here when FD is announced or rebook somewhere else? We usually stay at the PORFQ but simply wanted to save some money in a Value (since we don't stay in room very much.)

And if room discounts come along for that time will we have to choose whether or not to use that or FD?? Very confused!!

Thanks for any clarification.

We are going 14-21. We currently have a ressie for a 2 bdrm villa at BLT. But seriously considering changing to 2 connecting rooms at WL or BC to take advantage of FD.

We are going Sept 22 thru 28. Already booked at POFQ but will change resorts if need to for FD. So excited! We've done QSDP but never DDP. Made my ADR's right at 180 and got everything we wanted at times we wanted! 1900 PF Breakfast (DD5 is a HUGE Alice fan), CRT Dinner, Crystal palace before park opens, Mama Melrose Fantasmic Pkg lunch, Coral Reef dinner. Even though I know CRT is not a good deal on the dining plan, we could never afford it otherwise. Thanks for the heads up on Free dining! We are disney visa holders (we have the regular card and the premier card actually) and my TA is on alert to get FD added asap! Hopefully it will all work out!!

You have some good choices. CRT isn't a bad deal though. You get an appetizer and a photo package. We also got a plastic sword for the boys and magic wand for the girls, along with a wishing star. All in all it was a great time. Enjoy it.

And thanks again by the way.

This is my first attempt at this as I'm new to this site but not new to Disney!!!

My question for anyone is....

I booked today at AoA for Sept 21-27 in the LM room with tickets and regular dining. I am a Disney Visa Cardholder. Will I be able to keep me reservation here when FD is announced or rebook somewhere else? We usually stay at the PORFQ but simply wanted to save some money in a Value (since we don't stay in room very much.)

And if room discounts come along for that time will we have to choose whether or not to use that or FD?? Very confused!!

Thanks for any clarification.

You will call and ask them to add the FD discount to your existing reservation, you will not cancel or rebook. Those LM standard rooms have been blacked out for almost every discount in the past, so if they actually are available for booking with this FD promo, I will be shocked. Always have a back up room category and/or resort. Even if you change dates or resort or room categories you do NOT have to rebook and your reservation number stays the same.

So when's everyone planning to go? I'm planning on September 6-14 and my dining reservations have already been made.

Hi, Black I was lurking in the other thread but I decided to post here. We will be going September 7-15 probably CSR or Riverside we'll see. Really happy FD is coming.

I'm in! Even though I am not going til November, I love seeing how much people save. Can I ask a favor and if the FD gets extended in July or August, can you post it here also, if you start a new thread? I try to keep up with all the new threads, but sometimes work and life gets in the way. If it is posted here, I will get notification in my email. :)

curly.jpg

Certainly....knuck knuck knuck....

Thanks so much for the clarification! Don't really care where we stay as long as its in Disney!!!!

You will call and ask them to add the FD discount to your existing reservation, you will not cancel or rebook. Those LM standard rooms have been blacked out for almost every discount in the past, so if they actually are available for booking with this FD promo, I will be shocked. Always have a back up room category and/or resort. Even if you change dates or resort or room categories you do NOT have to rebook and your reservation number stays the same.

Listen to the 411...she is wise!!!

In all seriousness, even now those LM rooms are completely booked for many nights in September. So either way, they are few and far between.

I'm confused again:( how are they already booked if I was able to get reservations there today?

Sorry if I sound dumb! Trying to fiqure out how to work this "thread" business! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter