Free DDP this time next year 2007??

Stef831

Earning My Ears
Ok just a poll to see what the likelihood that Disney would offer the free DDP for the same time next year??? Does anyone know? It would sure be nice to think of that since this year it was such an amazing success and it certainly does bring alot more people to WDW. What do you all think??

I think it depends ion a lot of things, the economy at the time and also the how this years hurricane season goes, if there is little activity people may be more likey to go next year and the same discounts may not be needed.

We will have to wait and see, it is possible, but we do not know, I would not think Disney know for sure yet.

Amyrlin said:
I think it depends ion a lot of things, the economy at the time and also the how this years hurricane season goes, if there is little activity people may be more likey to go next year and the same discounts may not be needed.

We will have to wait and see, it is possible, but we do not know, I would not think Disney know for sure yet.
Agree. And I'd add gas prices to that list.

Disney obviously has the DDP in their arsenal of marketing tools, but they have many other options. If offering it free for some period makes sense, they will; if not, they won't. I doubt if they'll really look at that until about March/April.

There weren't many (if any) DIS veterans putting forth the idea that they'd offer the free Dining Plan promotion again this year. Most of us figured it was intended to introduce the Dining Plan, and wouldn't be offered again. Gosh, were we wrong. :) So I wouldn't count on anything, now. Jim said it well: Free Dining Plan is now part of the "arsenal of marketing tools" and we can expect to see it, or some derivation of it, whipped out whenever it would be the most profitable way of offering what Disney needs to sell.

This is slightly off-topic but I am curious...

How does Disney afford to offer a free DP? Are they depending on people believing they are saving money and thus being willing to spend more on merchandise and other tchotckes? Are resort rooms and tickets really that overpriced that it makes up for hundreds of thousands of dollars of free food (not to mention the wages of the cooks and servers)?

Does anybody have an idea? This is a fascinating marketing idea to me...

I do hope they offer it next year. I missed the beginning of the free period this year due to my school schedule. I really liked the convenience of the dining plan when I was there last week and would love to do it for free next year!

The free Dining Plan isn't free -- you have to book hotel rooms at rack rate, during the heart of hurricane season, when you could OTHERWISE you could have gotten a very very deep discount on the room rate.

I priced last years trip several different ways. Using an offsite rental, what I planned on spending on meals etc. I had a spread sheet set up, and no matter what I did, staying on site and the discount on dining was the cheapest way to go.

This year it is even cheaper for us. We got 10 day non-expire tickets last year, and we are going again this year, so I am saving almost 1000.00 on tickets. Plus with DD10, now considered an adult, the discount is even higher.

I couldn't come close to any other 10 day vacation with meals included, air fare, and rental car cheaper than I did for this years Disney Vacation.

I was shocked when they offered Free Dining again this year. I also thought it was only free last year because the DDP was new and they were trying to get people hooked on it. (BTW, it worked on me!) When I heard it was coming back this year I started planning right away. I'm really hoping they offer it again next August.

I too was shocked to see Disney offer it again this year. I was one of those folks that would've told a newbie, no way, they did it once and won't offer it again. Then, they did. And I had to book a last minute trip to take advantage of it. (Yes I did it last year too). So now I too am wondering, will they do it again next year? I've already started planning. Plan to book the DVC room for five nights, then if there's free dining, add another 4 nights to that. Disney has been full of surprised (not all good) this year and lots of changes.

Giving everyone the free dining is probably the cheapest option for Disney. Sure it would cost a lot to the vacationer for each meal but how much does it really cost Disney? This must be a better bottom line than not selling out rooms or giving a discount. They just want your money. I'm giving them mine ;)

Hopefully it is the best option for them cause we will be there again in 2007.

Our family went last year, when we ABSOLUTELY WERE NOT GOING BACK UNTIL 2006. After last years free dining we were hooked on the dining plan, but we ABSOLUTELY WERE NOT GOING BACK UNTIL 2007. Here we are going back. Disney got several thousand dollars from us that they weren't supposed to. I guess that free dining, as a marketing tool, worked very well for them in our case. We are planning for 2007 with a large family group IF free dining is offered. If it isn't, we aren't going! ;)

We will definitely return next year if there's Free Dining, but without it we probably won't go until 2008. One way or another that mouse will end up with my money! :rolleyes:

Next year the kids in our county(North of Georgia, four and half hour drive to WDW) will start school after Labor Day. Not sure if the other southern counties will change. This is a concern.

Free dining happens to be cheaper for us than a room discount, because we will have 9 in two rooms (one is under 2). So free food for nine is cheaper than a slight discount on 2 rooms, not to mention we eat better.
Not as good a deal for, say, a couple in one room.

We're hoping for free dining next year, even if it means we change our travel dates and we miss out on the Christmas decorations.
popcorn::

We aren't are free dining this year. Going after it ends but we have talked to MIL and she said if the offer it next year she will split the cost of GF Sugar Loaf or Contemp CL and will go with us. :cheer2: Doesnt care as long as she is on the Monorail and it is CL and free dining. She has never been. in fact this is October is DH first time and he is 39.

Yes, I have to admit that we too are hoping for the free disney dining as we're taking my daughter who will be graduating next year. We are a family of 4 myself, dh, dd- 17 and dd- 9. Plus we want to stay at a deluxe resort this time so we need all the extra savings we can get!!! Let's hope someone from Disney reads these boards too!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter