FP work if MB is not scanned?

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
Now that it's the second half of September, I'm wondering if there has been any change to being able to use FPs for a MB that has not been scanned into the park that day...
So if DH decides to sleep in ... Can DW take his MB and use his FP?
Someone had given inside info that this would no longer be possible starting in late August or early September...

Yes you can use DH's FPs on his band without scanning it at the parks entrance. We are annual pass holders and DH didn't join us for this last trip (Aug 27th-Sept 2nd). I had made FPs for everyone including him. Our Toy Story Midway Mania FPs didn't take on DS's band so we just used DH's band that I had brought along with us without a problem. Maybe someone who is there now can give us a more up to date experience.

Yes you can use DH's FPs on his band without scanning it at the parks entrance. We are annual pass holders and DH didn't join us for this last trip (Aug 27th-Sept 2nd). I had made FPs for everyone including him. Our Toy Story Midway Mania FPs didn't take on DS's band so we just used DH's band that I had brought along with us without a problem. Maybe someone who is there now can give us a more up to date experience.
Thanks ... I have heard early Sept reports that it was still working ... But someone had posted here claiming to have inside info that they were changing that in either late August or early September .. So I was hoping that someone who was there this past weekend would have an update.

Not passing judgment, but I'm still shocked that a MB that hasn't been scanned into the park works at the MB/FP scanners. The FPs are supposedly tied to the ticket and the ticket for that day's admission has not been debited. So one would think that none of the perks associated with admission using that ticket would be active.

Not passing judgment, but I'm still shocked that a MB that hasn't been scanned into the park works at the MB/FP scanners. The FPs are supposedly tied to the ticket and the ticket for that day's admission has not been debited. So one would think that none of the perks associated with admission using that ticket would be active.
I agree .... Legacy FP worked that way. If your ticket wasn't used for entry, it couldn't be used to get a FP. I think that's why it's expected to change eventually. I did always feel it was unfortunate that a husband couldn't leave the room early and get FPs for the sleepy heads ... But it is what it is. If my DH's band will work without him being there ... And he has paid for his right to be in the park, I feel ok with using the FPs he's entitled to...

Definitely sounds like a loophole just waiting to be closed as soon as the programmers get around to it. I'm sure they've been too busy just getting FP+ functioning as well as it is right now. I'm sure they will be going in and closing loopholes like this as soon as they can.

Under legacy FP (at least in the later years) you could not pull a FP with a ticket which hadn't yet been used that day for park entry.

WOWZERS! So basically you can book a campground- put Jane Smith, John Smith and Sarah Smith as 'guests'....attach some tickets to DME, book FPs. Not scan the band at entry and suddenly the 'Smith's' have 9 more FPs to work with? WTH?!

No, FPs are linked to a profile in MDE, and so are MBs and tickets. A profile needs to have a ticket-day in order to make a FP, but the FP is not "linked" to the ticket.

Still, I think it would be easy enough the require that a ticket attached to the profile must be used in order for a FP to be drawn from a MB attached to that profile. However, that would cause problems if someone has tickets (e.g. from UT) that were not attached to MDE, used for admittance, then tried using his MB for FPs and wasn't allowed (assuming he had other tickets linked to MDE to make the FP reservations).

asmit4 said:
WOWZERS! So basically you can book a campground- put Jane Smith, John Smith and Sarah Smith as 'guests'....attach some tickets to DME, book FPs. Not scan the band at entry and suddenly the 'Smith's' have 9 more FPs to work with? WTH?!

Yes, but you have to buy the tickets. Not sure folks are willing to spend that much for extra FPs

I imagine this won't last once someone at WDW gets wind that this can happen. I know if I worked for the department dealing with it, and I saw this thread, I would go fix it right now.

I imagine this won't last once someone at WDW gets wind that this can happen. I know if I worked for the department dealing with it, and I saw this thread, I would go fix it right now.
I am sure they know about it. There have been several reports here about it and other diser's have already said that they are planning on closing the loophole.
I don't think it's a bad thing to use FPs for a family members MB who didn't wind up going to the park. There is a whole thread on making dummy MDEs and attaching MBs to that that have no tickets linked to them and using those for same day FPs .... That's a whole different thing IMO...

No, FPs are linked to a profile in MDE, and so are MBs and tickets. A profile needs to have a ticket-day in order to make a FP, but the FP is not "linked" to the ticket.

Still, I think it would be easy enough the require that a ticket attached to the profile must be used in order for a FP to be drawn from a MB attached to that profile. However, that would cause problems if someone has tickets (e.g. from UT) that were not attached to MDE, used for admittance, then tried using his MB for FPs and wasn't allowed (assuming he had other tickets linked to MDE to make the FP reservations).

So simple, even a caveman can do it. :rotfl2:

They know it happens. We were there end of August and CM's said it happens all the time. Also, they are aware and allow for the band to be switched around to party members for the FP times. My kids could take my band or husbands for extra fp's if we didn't want to ride. As of Aug 31 you could use the fp on the band if not used for park entry, My husband left our trip three days early and my mom purchased her own ticket but used his band for fp entry but not park entry. CM's did say after Sept that will not happen. So now we wait and see..popcorn::

Here at Disney right now and the loophole is still open. We have been using extra FP+ reservations all week without the magic bands being scanned for admission.

Here at Disney right now and the loophole is still open. We have been using extra FP+ reservations all week without the magic bands being scanned for admission.
Thanks for the update! How are the crowds?

Thanks for the update! How are the crowds?

Very low in the morning, but builds as the day progresses. Today at 11am, the posted wait time for Space Mtn was 15 minutes. We didn't even need FP+ reservations this morning at the MK - the FP+ lines and standby lines were the same. As we were leaving at lunch time, crowds of people were entering the MK.

Yesterday at Universal, around lunch time, the new Gringott's ride was 30 minutes - it was 180 minutes when we rode it in July :)

I really don't see a problem with using a FP for someone who is not there, providing there is a ticket associated with the account.
We are APH and I have used other family members' MB to get more FP. After all, I paid for the passes.

What really irks me is the no more than one park per day deal. If I paid for parkhopper or AP and should be able to properly utilize them.

I really don't see a problem with using a FP for someone who is not there, providing there is a ticket associated with the account. We are APH and I have used other family members' MB to get more FP. After all, I paid for the passes. What really irks me is the no more than one park per day deal. If I paid for parkhopper or AP and should be able to properly utilize them.
But if you're using another family members AP and MB for the additional FPs, just make those for a different park ... You're allowed to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter