FP+ when entering park w/CM

nashville_minnie

Mouseketeer
We are coming down in a couple weeks & have made FP+ selections for all of our days. We have a cast member friend who will be getting us into the park, but are not sure yet what day it will be. My question is that if we enter the park with her & do not use our own tickets that day, will the FP+ selections that we have already made still apply on that day? do we just show up at the attraction with our magic bands? or are they specifically linked only to our tickets?

We are coming down in a couple weeks & have made FP+ selections for all of our days. We have a cast member friend who will be getting us into the park, but are not sure yet what day it will be. My question is that if we enter the park with her & do not use our own tickets that day, will the FP+ selections that we have already made still apply on that day? do we just show up at the attraction with our magic bands? or are they specifically linked only to our tickets?

The Fp+ are linked to your MDE account and do not access your tickets in any manner. You can use your MagicBands at the Fp+ tapstiles. Your CM friend will have to attempt to get Fp+ "day of" that will match what you have. Take a screenshot of your Fp+ for that day and then have an iPad CM try to match, or get close to, what you have for your friend.

wonderful - thank you again!! :thumbsup2

I was worried that I had made plans that I wouldn't be able to keep. I assumed that since you had to have tickets linked to your MDE to be able to make FP+ selections, that they were tied into only those entry tickets. Glad/relieved to hear that is not the case.

If you are on her e& see this today, Itinkso, I wanted to just verify what you said above...

I checked with my CM friend & she said, No, your FP+ selections will not work if you enter the park with a maingate guest pass. I am not sure where/how she got that info, if it was just word of mouth or what. She said I would have to just use a kiosk same day to get FP.

I have seen you (Itinkso) post helpful responses on loads of threads & I really trust your info, just wanted to see if you truly feel I should try to use my own preselected FP times anyhow, regardless of what my CM friend says.

Also- when I use my magic band at the attraction, that will not somehow trigger the use of a day's park ticket from there, correct?

If you are on her e& see this today, Itinkso, I wanted to just verify what you said above... I checked with my CM friend & she said, No, your FP+ selections will not work if you enter the park with a maingate guest pass. I am not sure where/how she got that info, if it was just word of mouth or what. She said I would have to just use a kiosk same day to get FP. I have seen you (Itinkso) post helpful responses on loads of threads & I really trust your info, just wanted to see if you truly feel I should try to use my own preselected FP times anyhow, regardless of what my CM friend says. Also- when I use my magic band at the attraction, that will not somehow trigger the use of a day's park ticket from there, correct?

I will PM you in a little while...

I'm a little confused. You have already made FP+ selections, so that means you have a MDX Account and an active entitlement (ticket). But, if your CM friend gets you into the park, using his/her Main Gate Pass, then "you" never entered the park, the FP+ you made cannot be used unless the entitlement it is linked to "enters" the park.
If you enter via your CM friends Main Gate, you can (currently) only make FP+ selections day of entry.

yea, that is why I originally was thinking as well, CrazyHakim. we do not yet know what day of our trip our friend can join us, that's why we selected all of our FP already. (we have very old non-expiring hopper tickets linked to MDE right now). we also are not sure that if she does join us, if she will be there when we go in or just meet up later. I'm confused as well, hence the original question. lots of confusion for those of us first time FP+ folks!!

I'm a little confused. You have already made FP+ selections, so that means you have a MDX Account and an active entitlement (ticket). But, if your CM friend gets you into the park, using his/her Main Gate Pass, then "you" never entered the park, the FP+ you made cannot be used unless the entitlement it is linked to "enters" the park. If you enter via your CM friends Main Gate, you can (currently) only make FP+ selections day of entry.

The Fp+ system only checks for a valid Fp+ in your MDE account. At the tapstile, it doesn't search for a valid park entry and Fp+, it only checks for Fp+. This happened last month while I was in an out of the parks for 9 days and always with a CM.

Many park guests have reported on DIS that they used the MagicBands of family members who decided not to enter that park on that day and the Fp+/MagicBand link worked at all the Fp+ tapstiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter