• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP + What we know and what we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any speculation on YES tickets?

We are DVC. Bought 2 PAP in October 2012. Have 1 unused 5 day UT ticket. And am planning trip in September with DVC for sure. And possible trip off site in May.

Anxious to see how this all plays out. I am still VERY lost.

Any speculation on YES tickets?

We are DVC. Bought 2 PAP in October 2012. Have 1 unused 5 day UT ticket. And am planning trip in September with DVC for sure. And possible trip off site in May.

Anxious to see how this all plays out. I am still VERY lost.

No idea. I will add it to the list!

I would take the part about associating tickets to the account, to mean Annual Passholders.

I think from this section of the T&C it looks like this is all going to be tied to room/ticket reservations. I personally think it means tickets and room reservations or DVC or you don't have access to Fastpass+

If you can't associate MYW tickets with an account, then what about DVC members who don't get APs? We're not sure how DVC members are included (if the are...it's assumed), and they don't always by APs (we buy based on our travel schedule needs). A ticket is likely still required.

I don't think third-party tickets are necessarily excluded yet.

But aren't UT tickets really disney tickets anyway, just sold at a cheaper price? We are headed down in June using rented DVC points. The plan was (is) to save $50 and get the tickets from UT, then have them added to the KTW "card".. hopefully that will still work with this new FP+.. Not looking forward to coming in at the beginning of this thing :)

From the T&C:

A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

What do you think that language means? Does that have anything to do with the survey question some testers answered? "- Would you buy tickets through Disney in order to use this feature?"

I wonder if this means if I use my DVC for a room, I still have buy my ticket direct? More good questions.

Its going to crush the battery.. these 4g phones suck it down! I wasnt looking forward to carrying a spare charger(s), but looks like we might have to - one for the iphone and 1 for the droid

I don't look forward to days spent looking more at my phone than the details in the parks. I hope I'm wrong, but this just seems like it will take away much of the spontaneity I love on vacation.

We are 1 day after you.. should be interesting to say the least :) Two things that bug me about this whole thing, the $50 spending limit before a pin - you should have the option of requiring a pin for everything or at least being able to set the amount where a pin is required. You should also be able to get a text message recipt for anything - that way if someone gets a hold of or clones your band you can react quicker. Second thing is the park hopping and FP's - Several times in the past we have started the morning in MK then jumped over to HS and were able to get a FP for Rockin Roller Coaster for the final hours. Hope we can still do that - but I am not optimistic.

Uuugh....I'm having severe anxiety as I am going in June ... Been plenty of times before, but of course this is my first time staying off site because of the size of our group... Hate this not knowing!

The cat is officially out of the bag:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/b...t-meant-to-build-loyalty-and-sales.html?_r=1&

Not much new, except they don't say anything about it being available only to resort guests, etc. and that you can "pre-register" for the MagicBands.

And it does seem like personalized experiences will be dynamic, not just a chosen FP+ thing.

And I don't think this will solve the mentioned "gridlock".

I have never owned a Smartphone and doubt I'll be getting one any time soon.
We park hop.
We sometimes stay offsite since my FIL has timeshare points he needs us to 'spend'.

I feel like we are being left behind by these changes. So sad.

We are going to first week of March. If Disney changes the FP process this late in my planning, they would throw me for a loop. Is there any information about when this will start and how long the old Fastpass will be up and running? I can't find anything but guesses.

I'm not a technology guru, but my first question is to whether or not these could be 'hacked.' I saw in the NY Times article that your CC info is also linked to them, and you'll just have to scan your bracelet to buy something. Seems pretty unsecure to me :confused3

We are going to first week of March. If Disney changes the FP process this late in my planning, they would throw me for a loop. Is there any information about when this will start and how long the old Fastpass will be up and running? I can't find anything but guesses.

Nope. I'm sorry to say you'll just have to stay plugged in and wait for your answers.

Nope. I'm sorry to say you'll just have to stay plugged in and wait for your answers.

I probably should change my reservations around, since we are park hopping every day. This is frustrating!

"Guests will not be forced to use the MagicBand system, and people who do try it will decide how much information to share. An online options menu, for instance, will offer various controls: Do you want park employees to know your name? Do you want Disney to send you special offers when you get home? What about during your stay?"

I do appreciate this.

I just posted this on the other thread about paper tickets. Then I read this thread and thought it might be added to your list...unless it's already been answered???

I've got non-expiring tickets with water park fun and more. I'll use the last three park days in March, but I'll still have about 8 water park days left after that. If they transfer that ticket to a wrist band, I wonder what happens with the next ticket I buy? Will the wrist band hold multiple tickets so I don't lose my non-expiring water park days?

Oh wow, I've kept my head in the sand about this and now I'm struggling trying to grasp it all!:eek:

We have a split stay in April (3 night package with 8 day tix followed by 6 night room-only). I can't seem to get my head around how this will work with the new system. Will resort guests still have the option of getting a KTTW card and doing FPs old school? If not, how does the wristband work with a split stay (for example, can I schedule all 8 days of FPs even though the package the tix are linked to is only 3 nights).

Signed,
So confused :confused3!

This is making me wonder if we should stay off site or not. The off site option we have is a timeshare in the family, so when you put the cost of renting a car and the timeshare, it's pretty close to the price of staying at a place like All Star Movies. Granted the timeshare is a totally different set up and we'd save on being able to make meals.

It's DD first time, and a birthday trip...I'd hate to make a crucial planning mistake because information wasn't announced...DH will be happy for the trip when we are there, but he hates the planning. I'm trying to make everything as simple as possible and stress free as possible for him.

"Guests will not be forced to use the MagicBand system, and people who do try it will decide how much information to share. An online options menu, for instance, will offer various controls: Do you want park employees to know your name? Do you want Disney to send you special offers when you get home? What about during your stay?"

I do appreciate this.

I agree, and I think many aspects of it will be really cool and personalized, however, I'm not so sure about the SMALL number of FPs you'll be able to reserve, the fact that you can't also use regular FP, and the non-Park Hopping aspect. It seems pretty useless from that perspective.

For example: I'm not a thrill ride person, so when we go to DHS I take my ticket and DH's ticket and go get TSMM FPs and he goes to ride TOT standby while I am at TSMM. Then, when our window opens, he uses his ticket to get a FP for RNRC and my ticket to get a FP for Star Tours. He is able to ride EVERYTHING so efficiently. Under this new system, it looks like we'll have to each use our respective allottments individually, which means less opportunity to customize our trip to suit EACH of our likes/dislikes.

Key words in that article are "vacation management system."

Three words that symbolise what is fundamentally wrong with this new system. You are effectively ceding some control over your decisions before you arrive. They give you the illusion of more choice, but in reality it's far more complicated as the above poster demonstrates.

I'm not a technology guru, but my first question is to whether or not these could be 'hacked.' I saw in the NY Times article that your CC info is also linked to them, and you'll just have to scan your bracelet to buy something. Seems pretty unsecure to me :confused3

It says nowhere that your CC info is linked. It says that you can buy things, with it, and that you only need a pin for over $50.

This is EXACTLY the same way that KTTW cards work right now, except that they require a signature instead of a pin.

I suspect when someone gets their hands on this and an RFID scanner they'll post what they see. And it will be a ridiculously long string of numbers that look exactly like the numbers on your KTTW card on the bottom. And then probably your first name in clear text.

Key words in that article are "vacation management system."

Three words that symbolise what is fundamentally wrong with this new system. You are effectively ceding some control over your decisions before you arrive. They give you the illusion of more choice, but in reality it's far more complicated as the above poster demonstrates.

Agreed.

They still haven't addressed how groups that consist of people with AP's and those without can manage their fastpasses.

I'm going in April and the uncertainty of this whole FP+ is really irritating me. If my DD and I won't be able to use the same system, they will be hearing from me. :headache::headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter