• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FP+ After the First Three - What? When?

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
I've seen it asked in so many other FP+ threads, and as much as I don't want to start ANOTHER thread about FP+ ;), I thought it would be good to have this all in one place. I know many of us are trying to determine whether or not anything will even be available day-of to book for a 4th, 5th, etc... FP+, so I thought it would be great for people to post their experiences. Please reply with information regarding any FP+ you had after the original 3. Which park? Which ride? What time you got the reservation for? What time you made the reservation? What was the date of your experience? And any other pertinent information you think is worth mentioning :goodvibes

Went beginning of May finished first 3 fp in Epcot by 1pm. Booked maelstrom for 5.20ish I believe. Forgot what else was availible but I think character meet was. Tt and soarin not availble. Never tried in any other park.

I was there this past week. The parks weren't that busy, so you will have to plan accordingly (in some cases we didn't even use the first 3/bother getting any others) but there are a few days we did opt for extras.

May 13-Epcot
1) Soarin' - 9:55-10:55
2) Mission: SPACE - 10:55-11:55
3) Spaceship Earth - 11:55-12:55
4) Test Track - 4:15-5:15

We got the 4th FP for TT around 1:15, but we ended up not even using it. We waited in the standby line for about 40 minutes and just rode it then, leaving the park and went to DHS that night. No FP's really available there--I think just VotLM and Muppets.

May 14-MK
1) Space Mountain - 10:15-11:15
2) Peter Pan's Flight - 11:15-12:15
3) Big Thunder Mountain - 11:55-12:55
4) Space Mountain - 7:15-8:15
5) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - 8:50-9:50
6) Big Thunder Mountain - 9:25-10:25
7) Pirates of the Caribbean - 10:00-11:00

A lot of these overlap because as we used FPs, we would move the time slots up in order to get more & get them quicker. Since we used PP to the beginning of the time window, we were able to move BTMR up. We continued that throughout the day, taking a break mid-afternoon after BTMR and coming back that night for SM. Even so, a lot of these weren't really necessary, we rode Space Mountain at some other point that day as well with about a 10-20 minute wait.

May 16-DHS
1) ToT - 9:05-10:05
2) Toy Story Midway Mania - 10:50-11:50
3) Star Tours - 1:50-2:50
4) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - 5:15-6:15

This day was a bit of a mess, but it was one of the busiest days I've seen at DHS. Star Tours lines were crazy for standby and the park was crowded due to being the first day of SWW. We got the 4th FP sometime between 2:00-3:00. I didn't look, but I think everything was available aside from TSMM.

Thanks for the great detailed reports! That's a good tip about moving up your next FP if you use the prior one at the beginning of the window! I was also glad to see the SWW report since the crowds that weekend are probably comparable to how crowded it is in the summer. I'll be curious to see how things go as summer approaches.

I was there this past week. The parks weren't that busy, so you will have to plan accordingly (in some cases we didn't even use the first 3/bother getting any others) but there are a few days we did opt for extras.

May 13-Epcot
1) Soarin' - 9:55-10:55
2) Mission: SPACE - 10:55-11:55
3) Spaceship Earth - 11:55-12:55
4) Test Track - 4:15-5:15

We got the 4th FP for TT around 1:15, but we ended up not even using it. We waited in the standby line for about 40 minutes and just rode it then, leaving the park and went to DHS that night. No FP's really available there--I think just VotLM and Muppets.

May 14-MK
1) Space Mountain - 10:15-11:15
2) Peter Pan's Flight - 11:15-12:15
3) Big Thunder Mountain - 11:55-12:55
4) Space Mountain - 7:15-8:15
5) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - 8:50-9:50
6) Big Thunder Mountain - 9:25-10:25
7) Pirates of the Caribbean - 10:00-11:00

A lot of these overlap because as we used FPs, we would move the time slots up in order to get more & get them quicker. Since we used PP to the beginning of the time window, we were able to move BTMR up. We continued that throughout the day, taking a break mid-afternoon after BTMR and coming back that night for SM. Even so, a lot of these weren't really necessary, we rode Space Mountain at some other point that day as well with about a 10-20 minute wait.

May 16-DHS
1) ToT - 9:05-10:05
2) Toy Story Midway Mania - 10:50-11:50
3) Star Tours - 1:50-2:50
4) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - 5:15-6:15

This day was a bit of a mess, but it was one of the busiest days I've seen at DHS. Star Tours lines were crazy for standby and the park was crowded due to being the first day of SWW. We got the 4th FP sometime between 2:00-3:00. I didn't look, but I think everything was available aside from TSMM.

Did you book the extra's yourself or did you have to go to a FP+ kiosk?

I am here now. Yesterday we went to MK I used a total of 8 FP+. I thought it was easy and all the headliners were still available by 4 pm.

I had to use the kiosk every time.

We bookie our 4th from the concierge at the resort one of the days. She said you had to on the fourth through the kiosk or the concierge.

Great touring strategy above moving times around! Genius!

This thread is a great idea! We're going in July and I think this will be very

helpful. Should answer a lot of questions. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We bookie our 4th from the concierge at the resort one of the days. She said you had to on the fourth through the kiosk or the concierge.

Great touring strategy above moving times around! Genius!

On a few days in our planned trip this August, we have ADRs for lunch at various resorts after using our first 3 FP+, but before hopping to another park in the afternoon. Does this mean we can get our 4th FP+ from the resort we are having lunch, or does this only apply to the resort at which we are staying? If I can get my 4th FP+ from the concierge of any resort, this can really increase our chances of getting a desired FP+ at an earlier time. Please confirm! :worship:

Thanks in advance and have fun planning! :goodvibes

This thread is a great idea! We're going in July and I think this will be very helpful. Should answer a lot of questions. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Subscribed!!

We will be there in July too and I'm pouring over my FP+ schedule all the time to see how I can maximize it. Actual reports on how FP 4-? Are helpful.

Thx

This thread is a great idea! We're going in July and I think this will be very

helpful. Should answer a lot of questions. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Subscribed!!

We will be there in July too and I'm pouring over my FP+ schedule all the time to see how I can maximize it. Actual reports on how FP 4-? Are helpful.

Thx

Thanks :goodvibes We've all been doing so much planning and I don't want to rely on assuming things will be open to book more later, so I thought if we had some "data" it would help change some of the assumptions to more fact based ideas :) We are also going in July and I know how busy it's going to be. I'm also worried about how all the big tour groups will be handled with FP+ :crowded:

What if we want to choose only 2 things at EPCOT. When we finish those 2 can we get another Soarin FP or since that was one of our 2, it won't let us??

What if we want to choose only 2 things at EPCOT. When we finish those 2 can we get another Soarin FP or since that was one of our 2, it won't let us??

Even if you only pick 2, the system will automatically pick a third one for you. So if you don't care about the third, schedule it for a time when you don't need it. Like if you will arrive at the park at 10am, schedule the first FP+ (the one you don't want) for 9am. Then the time will pass and it will expire. Once you then use #2 and #3 (the ones you want), you will have completed the requirement and can now get a 4th FP+.

Once you use (or let expire) all 3, you can get another Soarin' FP+, even if that was one of your original three (as long as a time is available).

Just got back, so still re-adjusting but a couple of general experiences:

- additional FP+ are plentiful at MK. Generally the only things that weren't available were A+E (duh), ETWB, and the parades/fireworks. You might have to wait a bit for some of the other headliners, but you could get them. If you wanted rides like JC, POTC, Magic Carpets, etc., it was pretty easy to get one, ride, and get the next one almost immediately.

- not so lucky at Epcot. Used initial 3 by 1:00 p.m. and no availability for Soarin, TT, etc. SE was available, but I think the earliest was 4:30 ish.

- AK- pretty much everything available, although the headliners weren't available until a few hours later.

- didn't go to DHS.

Keep in mind that this was a "slow" time with no weekend days at the parks for us. All of the days were crowd level 3's and 4's, although looking at TP pretty much every day they "saw" 1 level higher than they predicted so more like 4's and 5's.

Even if you only pick 2, the system will automatically pick a third one for you. So if you don't care about the third, schedule it for a time when you don't need it. Like if you will arrive at the park at 10am, schedule the first FP+ (the one you don't want) for 9am. Then the time will pass and it will expire. Once you then use #2 and #3 (the ones you want), you will have completed the requirement and can now get a 4th FP+.

Once you use (or let expire) all 3, you can get another Soarin' FP+, even if that was one of your original three (as long as a time is available).

A couple of words of caution- when you go to the kiosk to get your 4th, make sure the CM actually adds a 4th and doesn't change your unused one to another attraction (that way you'll be limited to the same tier and no duplicates). Also, when you add another FP+, you are locked into that tier for it, so don't just take any Tier 2 FP+ thinking you'll check again later for TT or Soarin- it wouldn't show those as options for you even if they were available.

A couple of words of caution- when you go to the kiosk to get your 4th, make sure the CM actually adds a 4th and doesn't change your unused one to another attraction (that way you'll be limited to the same tier and no duplicates). Also, when you add another FP+, you are locked into that tier for it, so don't just take any Tier 2 FP+ thinking you'll check again later for TT or Soarin- it wouldn't show those as options for you even if they were available.

That is a VERY good piece of information! Thanks :thumbsup2

Where are the FP+ kiosks in the parks? Do any of you have a map you could upload or know of somewhere there is one at can look at?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter