Fourth FP+ Goes Digital April 10

mom4praise

Mouseketeer
With Disney rolling out the ability to choose the revolving 4th FP+ from your mobile device, how long before we will be able to schedule DAS return times also on our digital device? Just curious if anyone has heard anything.

I have not heard anything about when, whether or even if DAS users might be able to schedule DAS times on a mobile device using My Disney Experience.

Although both DAS and Fastpass Plus 'put' times on My Disney Experience, they work with a very different method and use different databases.
Fastpass Plus just looks at whether or not there are any Fastpass 'slots' left and offers them for choosing if there are.

DAS needs to know which attraction you are interested in and what the current Standby wait time is. Then it would need to generate a Return Time based on those. That is a more complicated issue.

I do think ability to schedule a 4th Fastppass will still be very helpful though.

Without a lot of thought reserving DAS in MDE might be a little too powerful. You could "get in line" for test track while still lying in bed. It's questionable how most could really justify reserving your next ride as you are boarding the current one every time - which everybody knows is how that would work. Especially when they deduct for the time you will wait after arrival, it would tip the scale between equal access and advantage to create a system people are lining up to abuse. Is there some way that isn't an advantage? The purpose of the system is to give a hand up when somebody has a disadvantage, not make it so a DAS user has an official way to get around every single long line without delay.
That would add to the awkward situation when it's unsustainable and create a scenario where access system delays are the reason you need the access system much of the time.

I would love this I go alone and often when it is crowded I can not get a return time. I think it could be doable as I have seen CM restart the system and go to park then ride then it pops up. ( yes I am sure it would be more then just that) but I think there has to be something like a hot spot where the FP entrance is where you have to be 15 or 30 feet and then you could only sign up for that ride so that you could not pass through a second mickey and then get another DAS while still in line. but do I think it will happen not any time soon that is for sure

I would love this I go alone and often when it is crowded I can not get a return time. I think it could be doable as I have seen CM restart the system and go to park then ride then it pops up. ( yes I am sure it would be more then just that) but I think there has to be something like a hot spot where the FP entrance is where you have to be 15 or 30 feet and then you could only sign up for that ride so that you could not pass through a second mickey and then get another DAS while still in line. but do I think it will happen not any time soon that is for sure
its not a hot spot.
From what the CMs have told me, the wifi is spotty, so sometimes it cuts out.
When they are using handheld devices, sometimes reception is better in some areas than others.
There are 2 wifi systems - one for guests and one for CMs.

Oh sorry for the confusion I know it is not a hot spot I was just saying to prevent gust from getting a DAS return time early like at home or while waiting in another line they would have to do something at have a hot spot

Oh sorry for the confusion I know it is not a hot spot I was just saying to prevent gust from getting a DAS return time early like at home or while waiting in another line they would have to do something at have a hot spot
but, it would be a wi-fi access point, no different than accessing wi-fi anywhere else.

The only reason I am hoping it happens someday is the problem of going to the ride to get a return time. After this trip it will often be just my DS and I, so no runner to avoid a possible "I want to ride now" situation.

The only reason I am hoping it happens someday is the problem of going to the ride to get a return time. After this trip it will often be just my DS and I, so no runner to avoid a possible "I want to ride now" situation.
i certainly understand and sympathize with you.
They might make some other option for you situation - I just don't think it will be allowing people to do their own DAS times on the MDE app.

One thing to think about to prepare - have you used any social stories with your child?
Even if he doesn't seem to be listening or paying attention, chances are that he is absorbing more than he appears to be.

but, it would be a wi-fi access point, no different than accessing wi-fi anywhere else.
Yes I know sue I also know that they will more then likely not allow this but with technology these days I can see them be able to do something for people like myself who have a hard time getting a return time or for the single parent do I think it will happen soon no do I think it could every happen slight chance

Does your DS understand the concept of FP times? We call our son's DAS return time a FP time so when we would go and get the RT we would phrase it like "Let's go and see when your fastpass time for Space Mountain is." Maybe terminology like this would help?

For the most part he does. We've compared it to making appointment, something he does well with. I'm just concerned about a few rides. We'll manage OK. As he is getting older he does much much better understanding that we have to wait our turn.

That would be really cool if Disney could set up hotspots that let you sign up for something. It would probably work like shopkick- I have an app that if I go near enough a box on the wall in various stores I get points (eventually they add up to a bunch of $2 gift cards... not super exciting by any means) but I can't even imagine the nightmare of trying to work all the issues if they started it up. This is Disney's tech department we are talking about.
That is a really great solution if they could get the technology to be reliable enough. Once the FP+ stands aren't being used so much because of phone access, maybe they would be able to make those ones useful for this, even if you just had to go to certain stands for certain rides... then again it would turn into "crap I walked all the way to the wrong stand!" which is probably why they send you to the ride. The last thing anybody needs is another list of things to learn before day 1 in the park.

That would be really cool if Disney could set up hotspots that let you sign up for something. It would probably work like shopkick- I have an app that if I go near enough a box on the wall in various stores I get points (eventually they add up to a bunch of $2 gift cards... not super exciting by any means) but I can't even imagine the nightmare of trying to work all the issues if they started it up. This is Disney's tech department we are talking about.
That is a really great solution if they could get the technology to be reliable enough. Once the FP+ stands aren't being used so much because of phone access, maybe they would be able to make those ones useful for this, even if you just had to go to certain stands for certain rides... then again it would turn into "crap I walked all the way to the wrong stand!" which is probably why they send you to the ride. The last thing anybody needs is another list of things to learn before day 1 in the park.
for the most part the DAS works great for me I go enough that if I am having a bad day it is no big deal, but there have been times ( like at BTMRR or space) I physically can not get any where near the FP entrance let alone tell the CM that I would like a return time but this only happens a few times a year. I think even thought the FP are going to be on the phone there will still be people getting it from the kiosk like those that do not have smart phones, batteries died do not know how. but I think maybe they could let people with a DAS card get a return time at the kiosk in the land like tomorrow land you can do space or buzz but could not get one for BTMRR.

My understanding from some things I've read is that the kiosks are going away.
They may or may not and they may replace them with something else.

Whatever happens with DAS, I think there is still going to be a human CM involved in issuing times.

I am hopeful that that they will now change the DAS system at WDW to be more like DLR. For my situation, being able to go to the Guest Relations Kiosk instead of the ride itself makes the process so much easier and avoids having to have a runner (because sometimes it just is not possible) and/or the meltdown from the child who is not capable of understanding why he is at the ride but cannot ride. This scenario keeps the human element involved and avoids "cheating" by making your request while you are still in your room (although maybe they could link it to your entrance to the park the way they do with FP+ reservations - but I am getting way to complicated here so I will stop :-)

FP + reservations are not linked to park entry.
I thought they were - at least on the MB's. I was told by a CM that this was to prevent people from using Dad's FP+ to ride something twice if Jr. was in park and Dad was back in the room and not planning on coming, especially when one has an AP. But goodness knows I have been given incorrect info on more than one occasion by CM...

No FP are not linked to park entry you can even buy a second magic band link it to another MDE and go in and get 3 FP. but is it really worth it And I have never done this

I have used my friends MB to ride something she was in the park that day but did not want to do this ride

MAKING a Fastpass Plus is not linked to park entry. You can make them from home before even being in Orlando.

USING them is linked to park entry I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter