Four Parks in One Day Plan ~ What do you think?

I've done 4 parks in 1 day a couple of times with Disney Transportation (before Express Transportation and before metal detectors). In general, my plan has been

AK 1st.
DHS 2nd Boat to International Gateway
EPCOT 3rd. Monoral to MK
MK 4th.

This plan would work well for the 28th when DAK has EMH. I would FP DHS and FP+ all three. Book Tower or R&R for 9:00 the other for 10:00 and Star Tours for 11:00. With any luck you should hit DHS toward the end of the first FP+ Time and get to ride all 3. Then at 11:00 look for a 4th on your phone either early afternoon at EPCOT or more likely evening in MK.

I like this plan, whether the express busses are available or not. I want to end with MK because it's close to our resort. We can easily change our ride choices if the lines appear too long when we arrive.

And then there's the likelihood that Disney will change these hours again anyway. I'm just trying to decide on a definite day for this so I can make ADRs for our whole trip accordingly.

Agree. There is most certainly park to park transportation.

Express sound greats, or alternatively use uber to get between the parks.

We did 3 parks two years ago no sweat and managed some down time late after at our resort. We did AK morning, then MK. Late afternoon Beach Club, then Epcot evening. Totally doable to have swapped out the resort time for a park.

You could also look at tour. Perhaps the one that is the day of thrills. I think a lot of your choices are listed.

Ok, I think I have a plan. I'd love input, especially on which rides to advance FP.

Monday, August 28, 2017
8:00 EMH at Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Press a penny
Take a Tree of Life photo
Take a regular bus to Hollywood Studios

Arrive at DHS by 10:00
Chinese Theater photo
Star Tours (FP?)
Tower of Terror (FP?)
press a penny
Eat lunch at Rosie's
Express bus to Epcot

Arrive at Epcot by 1:30
Soarin (FP?)
Spaceship Earth photo
pressed penny
Ride Spaceship Earth
Express bus to MK

Arrive at MK by 4:30
It's a Small World
Haunted Mansion
press a penny
Castle photo
Dinner at Be Our Guest - I'm thinking 7:30 will be a safe time to make reservations, just in case we get hung up anywhere. Thoughts?

Why not take the express bus here too? It would save you time.

I think your plan looks pretty good. My first choice for FP+ would be Soarin'. I think you're at HS early enough to not need it there.

Ok, I think I have a plan. I'd love input, especially on which rides to advance FP.

Monday, August 28, 2017
8:00 EMH at Animal Kingdom
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Press a penny
Take a Tree of Life photo

Arrive at DHS by 10:00
Chinese Theater photo
Star Tours (FP?)
Tower of Terror (FP?)
press a penny
Eat lunch at Rosie's
Express bus to Epcot

Arrive at Epcot by 1:30
Soarin (FP?)
Spaceship Earth photo
pressed penny
Ride Spaceship Earth
Express bus to MK

Arrive at MK by 4:30
It's a Small World
Haunted Mansion
press a penny
Castle photo
Dinner at Be Our Guest - I'm thinking 7:30 will be a safe time to make reservations, just in case we get hung up anywhere. Thoughts?
WOW super-ambitious.
Might be do-able if it's a 1 or 2 crowd calendar day, anymore than that and your timeline will go out the window very quickly.
I would plan on at least an extra hour (or even 2) for each park.
You may still be able to do a BOG ADR at 7:30 or 8 but this may be more about the time you will be arriving in MK.
Not even sure I would plan an ADR on a busy day like this, just use Counter Service when you get hungry in whichever park you happen to be in at the time.
Plan on having an early start and a late night

The following is more the way that I see your day going with the parks and rides you want to visit JMHO
On a low/med crowd day, I'd say you are looking at AK rope drop at 8am, probable arrival at DHS would be more like 11am. If you manage to get your FP+'s for TOT and ST and eat lunch, I think you will be looking at at least 3pm before you're heading out of DHS. This puts you in Epcot by 3:30ish and not sure if you can have FP+ in different parks on the same day (someone correct me if I'm wrong) maybe a same day FP if not all gone by this time of day. Standby on Soarin' at this time of day will be long, this is going to push your arrival at MK until maybe 8pm-ish. Hopefully MK is open late enough so you can get your rides and supper ADR in.

***the one thing you can always count on with well laid plans are delays. Give yourself lots of flex time and you will avoid disappointment. Plan it too tight and you will be missing/skipping items that you wanted to do so that you can stay on schedule

Last edited:
The following is more the way that I see your day going with the parks and rides you want to visit JMHO
On a low/med crowd day, I'd say you are looking at AK rope drop at 8am, probable arrival at DHS would be more like 11am. If you manage to get your FP+'s for TOT and ST and eat lunch, I think you will be looking at at least 3pm before you're heading out of DHS. This puts you in Epcot by 3:30ish and not sure if you can have FP+ in different parks on the same day (someone correct me if I'm wrong) maybe a same day FP if not all gone by this time of day. Standby on Soarin' at this time of day will be long, this is going to push your arrival at MK until maybe 8pm-ish. Hopefully MK is open late enough so you can get your rides and supper ADR in.

I disagree.

As long as they are at AK by 7:30, they'll be done with Safari well before 9:00. Then they're just taking a photo and getting a pressed penny. They will EASILY be at HS by 10:00, and probably earlier. TOT may take 30-45 min, but I doubt it. Star Tours rarely has a wait, but we'll give them 30-45 min there too. It's now 11:30. Grab lunch, take a picture, press a penny, and on the express bus by 1:00. So now they're at EP by 1:30 which is her goal. If they use FP+ for Soarin' and SE (instead of HS as you suggest), they'll have no problem being ready to depart for MK around 4:30.

Part of the fun of a 4-park/1-day plan is the challenge of doing everything quickly. And we're talking two adults here with no kids. My family of four, which includes two teens, could do it, so I'm confident they can manage this timetable as well.

I disagree.

As long as they are at AK by 7:30, they'll be done with Safari well before 9:00. Then they're just taking a photo and getting a pressed penny. They will EASILY be at HS by 10:00, and probably earlier. TOT may take 30-45 min, but I doubt it. Star Tours rarely has a wait, but we'll give them 30-45 min there too. It's now 11:30. Grab lunch, take a picture, press a penny, and on the express bus by 1:00. So now they're at EP by 1:30 which is her goal. If they use FP+ for Soarin' and SE (instead of HS as you suggest), they'll have no problem being ready to depart for MK around 4:30.

Part of the fun of a 4-park/1-day plan is the challenge of doing everything quickly. And we're talking two adults here with no kids. My family of four, which includes two teens, could do it, so I'm confident they can manage this timetable as well.

Our family has done DHS to Epcot to MK on a busy July day. We were in MK by 5pm and did quite a bit more than OP is planning. Plus we were using regular transportation - not express.

I'm pretty confident that we can do this, even with delays. We know our way around each park and we're committed to doing it. We also know we may have to skip something, and that's ok. We've never done 4 parks, so we're excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter