• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort wilderness cabins

Also has anybody ever shipped something to this resort? We are flying and I was hoping to ship water and snacks.

I am curious about the same thing... which loop is best for the cabins. Or is there a way to request to be near the water features?

The 100 loop is great if you don't have a car with you, but it is one of the most "social" and noisy. We camped there last month and it was crazy! In 1000 loop this weekend and it is perfect! Enjoy your time at the Fort!

So far seven days in to my cabin 118 experience and we absolutely love be so close to the boats and beach. It make last minute firework visits possible. Also being In a cabin but getting socialize with RVers has been a treat.

So far seven days in to my cabin 118 experience and we absolutely love be so close to the boats and beach. It make last minute firework visits possible. Also being In a cabin but getting socialize with RVers has been a treat.

we will be there in january and plan to rent a golf cart, so i'm wondering if it will matter??? and for some reason i thought cabins were only in the 2000's loops? i guess i'm reading the map incorrectly? i'd like to call and request the 100's if there are cabins there because it sounds like you might be able to see wishes from your cabin? i hear the beach has the music piped in, so can you hear this also?

we will be there in january and plan to rent a golf cart, so i'm wondering if it will matter??? and for some reason i thought cabins were only in the 2000's loops? i guess i'm reading the map incorrectly? i'd like to call and request the 100's if there are cabins there because it sounds like you might be able to see wishes from your cabin? i hear the beach has the music piped in, so can you hear this also?
Yes there are two cabins in loop 100 they're located adjacent to the marina . I was told they are generally reserved for VIP guest or disney executives. My original request was for loop 2100 but after they realized I was there with my triplets celebrating there birthday they Decided to offer me Cabin 118. It was a great experience. I would happy to answer any questions you have as we just got back. It definitely makes last minute firework visits possible. I would absolutely still recommend a golf cart as there's still so much to see and the place is HUGE...

so i'm guessing that putting in a request for something in the 100 loop will be a no go! i just thought it sounded cool to see the fireworks, but honestly, we are renting a golf cart, so is there really a better cabin to have than another? thanks for the info though…it is much appreciated :-)

Just hit the jackpot. Got cabin 118....
:-)

That is awesome! Since it is a VIP cabin is it just like the other cabins in other respects? Is it just the location?

If I could guarantee that spot I would definitely try Ft. W next! It's the internal bus that intimidates me.

That is awesome! Since it is a VIP cabin is it just like the other cabins in other respects? Is it just the location?

If I could guarantee that spot I would definitely try Ft. W next! It's the internal bus that intimidates me.

The internal buses run very regularly. We have been RV'ing there for years and have never had any problems.

We've mostly camped in the 100 loop (pet free) and have not had any problems with noise. And, yes, the cabins are all basically alike. There are only two in that loop though.

pixiedust:

so i'm guessing that putting in a request for something in the 100 loop will be a no go! i just thought it sounded cool to see the fireworks, but honestly, we are renting a golf cart, so is there really a better cabin to have than another? thanks for the info though…it is much appreciated :-)
If you put in a request I'm sure they would make every attempt possible to accommodate. This was my first stay in the ft cabins so it's tough for me to compare. But from what I hear the only difference is the location and there is an outdoor fire pit. I personally enjoyed being around all the rvs but I could understand why others mite not.

We were recently there. We were in the 2100 loop which is right in the middle of Fort Wilderness. We loved our location. It was close to a bus stop, walking distance to the quiet pool and a short bus trip from everything else. It was also really quiet - which is something we relish at the end of a long day at the parks.

That being said, we still liked the convenience of having a golf cart. Rent from Disney, by the way. Wouldn't recommend using any of the outside vendors, although I've heard relatively good things about Kenny. He just didn't return calls from us, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.

We were recently there. We were in the 2100 loop which is right in the middle of Fort Wilderness. We loved our location. It was close to a bus stop, walking distance to the quiet pool and a short bus trip from everything else. It was also really quiet - which is something we relish at the end of a long day at the parks.

That being said, we still liked the convenience of having a golf cart. Rent from Disney, by the way. Wouldn't recommend using any of the outside vendors, although I've heard relatively good things about Kenny. He just didn't return calls from us, which is a huge pet peeve of mine.

we already have a cart rented through disney, i've not heard of kenny? who is this ? do you have any details? we are going in january, so i don't think there will be a rush on golf carts, so if he falls through, we could then use disney to get our golf cart! just scoping out my details!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter