Fort Time Versus Park Time - Poll

How much time as a percentage of days do you spend in the Fort without going to the Parks?

• Total voters
I am not disputing the need (or desire) for the "Down Day." I just don't get the "Down Day" that I want. As the "Good DH" I follow the DW's wishes. :)
The down part is ME (the DH) pretty much letting the kids do anything without killing each other. Some trips back this involved a day of riding all the Disney transportation imaginable. This included a roundtrip ride on a parking lot tram.

We went for five nights and only went to the water parks the last time we went. My kids are not big park people (I know! Weirdos!) but we had a GREAT vacation. Next time we go in April '16, dd (13) and I are going to hit MK HARD all day without the boys, and they are going to rent a boat and go fishing on the lake. We are staying eight or nine days next time (yay!) and I'm pretty sure we're going to find plenty to do without the parks. We live 6-7 hours away, though, and come several times a year. If I lived further away I would feel like I had to do the parks, but with the recent rehabs I just don't feel a need to go to HS or AK right now at all.

Since we are locals and have annual passes, it's more of a camping destination than park trip. We do visit the parks some, but mostly enjoy the Fort. Love to rent canoes, fish and go "looping". We also do putt putt, and visit DTD, things we don't do on a day trip over to the mouse.

Thanks everyone. Interesting results with a wide variation in results. No rights or wrongs, just different styles. Thanks again!

I know this is an older thread, I was browsing and reading up for our next trip but I have a funny story. Last time we stayed six nights at Fort Wilderness in a pop-up we rented. It was a last minute, low budget trip for us and ended up being one of my favorites. We stayed at the Fort every day except for one day that we planned the Magic Kingdom. We told the kids the night before while we were getting ready for bed that we were going in Disney the next day. We got tears from both immediately. DD6 wanted to know if we were going to miss the marshmallow roast and fireworks on the beach and DS3 refused to miss the marshmallow and movie. We had to spend the next hour trying to get them excited about going inside the park the next morning! They ask to go back once a week and just mention all the activities we did at the park. Like the fishing, the pool games, hulu contest, the crafts, the fireworks, and outdoor movie. I am working on another trip and have scheduled us about 60/40 with Fort time first and park time second. :)

I know this is an older thread, I was browsing and reading up for our next trip but I have a funny story. Last time we stayed six nights at Fort Wilderness in a pop-up we rented. It was a last minute, low budget trip for us and ended up being one of my favorites. We stayed at the Fort every day except for one day that we planned the Magic Kingdom. We told the kids the night before while we were getting ready for bed that we were going in Disney the next day. We got tears from both immediately. DD6 wanted to know if we were going to miss the marshmallow roast and fireworks on the beach and DS3 refused to miss the marshmallow and movie. We had to spend the next hour trying to get them excited about going inside the park the next morning! They ask to go back once a week and just mention all the activities we did at the park. Like the fishing, the pool games, hulu contest, the crafts, the fireworks, and outdoor movie. I am working on another trip and have scheduled us about 60/40 with Fort time first and park time second. :)
That's just totally awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter