"Formal night on board Disney ship"

NASTYFUZZ

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I am going to be taking my first cruise this October (Western Carribean) and I read there is a formal night and a 1/2 formal night. I take it Gowns are in order (evening) for the formal night? My teenage daughter is looking forward to buying and wearing a beautiful gown!

Do most people wear gowns on this night? Please let me know!

You'll see quite a mix of dress on formal and semi-formal nights. My DD wore a prom gown; I wore a black-sequined jacket with the evening pants that look like a long skirt; my sis wore a long black dress. DH and BIL wore black suits

It's a great opportunity for formal family pics, and I love to see everyone dressed up.

While some women wear gowns most do dress up quite nicely. If you have the gowns, definitely wear them. It will make a beautiful family picture.

Everyone woman at our table wore a gown, definately. Plenty of gowns around on formal night. The guys look great as well.

On semi-formal night..very nice dresses and great suits for the guys.

Nastyfuzz, go ahead and get that gown for your DD. She will fit right in and look wonderful!

By the way, are you traveling on the 10/22 cruise? I am assuming as I think this is the only Western cruise this October. If so, jump on over to the Cruise Meet board. We have a great group forming over there.

Hope you join us!

Kathy

Formal night is our family's favorite night on DCL!

You can have your formal pics made into Christmas cards at Shutters.

We did that last year, and so many friends and family members commented on what a great picture it was. (We usually just send a pic of DD in front of the Christmas tree. This was a welcome change. LOL!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter