Fork & Screen

CrystalCastle

Mouseketeer
I hope this is the correct place to ask but how does this work? Do you make a reservation in advance or buy your movie ticket in advance? Also for those who've been, how did you like it? I'm looking for a place to see Saving Mr Banks Sunday night and do dinner. I figured as a solo traveler this would be a good option. Thoughts? Thanks!!

I did this last year as a solo traveler. I bought my ticket at the theatre the day of the movie. You select your seat when you buy your ticket and the grid shows which other seats are already taken. I think you can do this online before the day of the movie.

I enjoyed the experience. The food was decent and having it brought to you was a nice bonus. I didn't think the servers were obtrusive at all when people wanted things once the movie started. There's a call button at each seat that you press when you need a server. About 20 minutes before the movie ends they deliver your food bill to you.

I would do this again. It's a nice break from the Disney madness.

ok, here is my question...is it loud in there with everyone eating?

I cannot STAND to hear people chewing. Popcorn at a movie is one thing, but to hear 30+ people eating chips, using silverware to cut, crunching on lettuce, etc...how noticeable is it?

also, how do waiters stay out of the way??

I love the concept, but wondering about execution..

I'm not how well you can tell in this picture, but the theater isn't very large. There are three sections going across and each section has 4 seats going across. So it's not like the servers have to walk through the rows to get to people.

I don't recall hearing anyone eat but I was paying attention to the movie. But it was Iron Man 3 which is loud. I would imagine it might be a different situation if you were watching a romance movie! The servers will take your order before the movie starts and depending on how early you're at the theater you may have your meal delivered before the movie starts.

AMC Theater 2 by webster63, on Flickr

I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago to see "Catching Fire". We bought our tickets and were let in about 30 minutes prior to showtime. Lots of my friends on Facebook gave me some recommendations, and I have to say, the Bistro Chicken Mac and Cheese entree has spoiled me for anything else. I went in there hungry, and it's a good thing I did. The portion was huge, and I ate it all.

We also split a bottle of wine, and wow, it was nice to relax and sip the wine while watching the movie. I would love to do this again.

It works great, but, we have had problems with the servers twice now.

We don't drink alcohol, and, have noticed that the servers like to go to folks that Do drink and forgot about us. Pushing the button didn't seem to help. We got our meal and a drink, but, no refills, and, no chance to order anything else.

Both times they didn't get a tip.

But, having said that, its a great way to watch a movie. Once it started, (specially Frozen) I didn't notice anyone else in the theater.

Thank you all for the feedback on this! I think I'm going to do this then. I am coming for the races (doing the Dopey Challenge) and am looking for something low key to do Sunday night. So this sounds perfect.

Thank you all for the feedback on this! I think I'm going to do this then. I am coming for the races (doing the Dopey Challenge) and am looking for something low key to do Sunday night. So this sounds perfect.

We have been several times and enjoy it! Be aware, it is going to HURT when you get up to walk out of that movie! We went after just doing Mickey last year and I was sooooo stiff when I tried to get up and leave :lmao:

This is the first time I've ever heard of this. It sounds like something DD and i would like to do. Thanks, OP for posting.

Is it Stadium seating? I am so spoiled by our local theatre with the dreamloungers - I have to think long and hard about going elsewhere for a movie :thumbsup2

What does this cost? I suppose it varies by what you eat, but can you give me a "ballpark" figure?

Also, is it awkward to go alone?

What does this cost? I suppose it varies by what you eat, but can you give me a "ballpark" figure?

I would not find it awkward to go alone.

Cost is around $13 for movie ticket and food/drinks are on top of that cost. Food is about same price you pay anywhere at Disney. Pricey but large portions.

I went twice at DTD. Both times, like PP, we got little to no service once movie started. And we had mixed alcoholic drinks. So whatever you want, I recommend ordering before the movie starts.

It's pretty dark/difficult to eat once movie starts. (I found it hard to find the little container that held my dipping sauce) but the novelty is fun.

To PP, yes it's stadium seating but because there are so few rows it's not very noticeable. In fact, the recliners are huge.

This sounds like a fun idea! I think I'm going to go for it during my upcoming trip.

I'm a member of the AMC stubs rewards program. Does anyone know if food (and alcohol) purchases would count towards the program? Also, if you have rewards dollars, can those be spent on food/alcohol purchases?

I tried the AMC website and didn't see anything one way or another.

will someone please explain what this is? Am I missing something great? Thank you...

Is it Stadium seating? I am so spoiled by our local theatre with the dreamloungers - I have to think long and hard about going elsewhere for a movie :thumbsup2

No joke! I am lost for Marcus Oakdale at this point.

I am enjoying this thread and seriously considering the Fork & Screen for our upcoming trip.

Yes its stadium seating, with plenty of room between rows, even with the table in front of you.

For my wife and I it was about $40-$50 each time we go based on what we order, in addition to the ticket price.

will someone please explain what this is? Am I missing something great? Thank you...

Fork and Screen is at the AMC Theatres in Downtown Disney. Basically they took I think 6 theatres, and made them into a movie/restaurant. You buy your base movie ticket, which are the same shows in regular theatres, pre select a seat, then about 30 minutes before your movie starts your allowed in to your seats. You can order a full meal, or the traditional popcorn and soda. They also have alchohol (full bar in the lobby, by request in the theatre) available.

Theres a lot of room and the seats recline farther and are bigger in general then the traditional seats.

I have went twice. We have it on the list to go in February. It is 4 of us and we have AP's which takes off $2 for the admission. We love the chicken alfredo. The servers have been great with the refills and things. We spend about $100 per trip maybe a little more with a good tip.

I have went twice. We have it on the list to go in February. It is 4 of us and we have AP's which takes off $2 for the admission. We love the chicken alfredo. The servers have been great with the refills and things. We spend about $100 per trip maybe a little more with a good tip.

That $100 includes the movie, right? Not $100 just the food you guys ordered? We go to the movies every other Friday. $27 for tickets, and then we go to dinner for another $45 or so. So $100 for a dinner and movie night at DtD doesn't seem too absurd...

This sounds like a fun idea! I think I'm going to go for it during my upcoming trip.

I'm a member of the AMC stubs rewards program. Does anyone know if food (and alcohol) purchases would count towards the program? Also, if you have rewards dollars, can those be spent on food/alcohol purchases?

I tried the AMC website and didn't see anything one way or another.

I've gone several times to a local one, not in DTD, but yes the food and alcohol purchase was counted towards rewards dollars and I was able to apply existing rewards towards the bill.

That $100 includes the movie, right? Not $100 just the food you guys ordered? We go to the movies every other Friday. $27 for tickets, and then we go to dinner for another $45 or so. So $100 for a dinner and movie night at DtD doesn't seem too absurd...

Again, speaking on the NJ one, the food quality and cost was along the same lines of Friday's or Applebees. Not 5* fancy but definitely edible and something the family enjoys periodically. I've never found servers to be intrusive or there to be added noise because of the eating. I'd say it's probably quieter because there are fewer people in the theater. I had considered it on our last WDW trip but ran out of time to do it.

For those asking about food, here's the online menu: http://dinein.amctheatres.com/menu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter