Forecast - thunderstorms next 10 days

Also in the air coming from Boston! Passing over the Carolinas now, and have had a smooth ride thus far! Cant wait to get there!

Now that Hermine is no longer triggering advisories from the National Hurricane Center, there's a new tropical wave off the coast of Africa that's been given a 70% chance of triggering a tropical depression in the next five days. So it's likely to be interesting but it's too soon to start worrying about what will hit where and when, if at all.

Now that Hermine is no longer triggering advisories from the National Hurricane Center, there's a new tropical wave off the coast of Africa that's been given a 70% chance of triggering a tropical depression in the next five days. So it's likely to be interesting but it's too soon to start worrying about what will hit where and when, if at all.

Nothing is for certain but models are already predicting that it will turn north and stall out over the Atlantic. Fingers crossed!!!

Hopefully it will just rain for a little bit. We're leaving this Saturday and the forecast looks AWFUL :snooty:

Hopefully it will just rain for a little bit. We're leaving this Saturday and the forecast looks AWFUL :snooty:

Awful? How so? I'm leaving Sunday and been tracking the weather using the National Weather Service, Weather Channel, and a Local Orlando TV Channel. I've kept track in the trend in the forecast (to see when precip chances go up and down) and it looks totally normal for Orlando this time of year.

Here is what I've been tracking. Green means things "getting better" (less chance of rain) and red is "getting worse/hotter".

Screen_Shot_2016_09_07_at_2_14_25_PM.png

Our trip is Sept 13-20 and I actually enjoy the rain. I have my Teva Sandals & my poncho ready to go. I know not everyone else likes WDW when it rains. One time we were there during Tropical Storm Alberto and Magic Kingdom was crazy dead cause so many people stayed at their resort.

Our trip is Sept 13-20 and I actually enjoy the rain. I have my Teva Sandals & my poncho ready to go. I know not everyone else likes WDW when it rains. One time we were there during Tropical Storm Alberto and Magic Kingdom was crazy dead cause so many people stayed at their resort.

We'll be there Sept 13-20 too. Crowd levels look pretty low as it is - factor in rain and we might actually get to ride some things more than once!

FWIW, it's been a gorgeous week here. Little to no rain most of the week, humidity seems down a bit. I do hear the more typical summer patter with afternoon rain chances sneaks back into the forecast as of this weekend, but it doesn't appear out of the ordinary at all.

FWIW, it's been a gorgeous week here. Little to no rain most of the week, humidity seems down a bit. I do hear the more typical summer patter with afternoon rain chances sneaks back into the forecast as of this weekend, but it doesn't appear out of the ordinary at all.

Here's the weather update from when I posted yesterday.

Red = "Chance of rain moved higher" or "temperature forecast increased"
Green = "Chance of rain moved lower" or "temperature forecast decreased"

The Weather Channel seems to default to 60% chance of rain and then change the number as the day gets closer to I'm ignoring them!

~90 degrees and a 40% chance of rain seems just like what to expect for the next few days.

2016_09_08_13_07_35.jpg

It definitely has been gorgeous this week! We were worried about all the rain and we have had several rain free days with light breezes and the humidity hasn't been awful! Ive actually been able to wear makeup daily, which I haven't been able to do on previous trips because it would melt right off.. That = success for me! :yay:

In July 2015, it was so hot I mostly wore exercise capri every day... Is there really a big difference in temperature from July to September?

Hermine actually caused the dry air up north to come down.. I agree it's been amazing and getting out to hit the parks a lot also :)

In July 2015, it was so hot I mostly wore exercise capri every day... Is there really a big difference in temperature from July to September?

July has that insane sun and humidity just starting to come up. Sept is more humid but the temps are starting to come down (especially at night). So just a shift in what's causing the miserable hot.

Just a quick follow-up post after our trip. We stayed at Poly from 9/1 - 9/7. After everything that I had been expecting with regards to our vacation getting rained out due to the hurricane, it actually ended up being a very pleasant trip. There were a few showers here and there, but it was nothing more than what I would typically expect for Central FL in September. After our flight landed at MCO late Thursday night, Hurricane Hermine had pretty much zero effect on the rest of our vacation. We had a flippin' blast in the parks even during the few times it rained!!!!!

Ian was a non-event, at least for landlubbers.

There's a system over FL right now, with a lot of rain and a chance of developing strong winds.

There's a new system near the Capo Verde islands, with a stronger chance of developing into something notable, but the NHC only has 5 day maps, and they show it halfway between Africa and the Caribbean in that time frame. Maybe our weather professionals here have more insight.

There's a system over FL right now, with a lot of rain and a chance of developing strong winds.
I guess that was an understatement, as it's now tropical storm Julia. That was faster than I expected, but I don't know whether professionals thought it would form so quickly. I've just been looking at the NHC maps and the extended forecasts on weather.com and wunderground.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter