Forecast - thunderstorms next 10 days

Ours is Friday and now it looks like 99L is swing back into central Florida when we are coming in....not happy.

Me either. Current forecast looks like it should make landfall around 2-4 pm on Thursday, north of Tampa. We have never had weather affect our flight so I really have no clue what this might mean for our flight. We are supposed to land at about 6'ish on Thursday. Friday and Saturday were JUST supposed to be pool days :(

We are supposed to fly in at 8:30pm on Thursday. Hope we can make it in with little to no delay :( I'm not worried too much about the rain once we are there (like, I expect storms but wouldn't want torrential downpour for an entire day)- just want to be able to get there without any issue!

We fly in Saturday with three park days, Sun, Mon, Tues. Leave Wed. They are calling for a Tropical Storm this week... any updates for those of you in the know?? Was looking forward to our stay at the YC and to use SAB as well as FINALLY getting FP+s for 7DMT which someone said might be closed? Darn.

Cackyschmackers, my local forecast (Orlando) is saying chance of rain with a chance of thunderstorms. Translated, that means it will be cloudy, it will likely rain at some point somewhere in the area, and it's possible there will be a thunderstorm at some point.

More than that, no one can say. I wouldn't worry that you won't be able to swim. It will be plenty warm and as long as there isn't any lightning, you'll be allowed to swim. It often rains without lightning, so it's really just the thunderstorms you'll have to worry about. But like I said, there's no point even wasting the mental energy on it at this point. A forecast a week out is patently useless. I don't even know why they do them.

I'm bummed to! Going to WDW tomorrow for 3 days and calling for 80-100% chance of rain with 10-50mm rain for those days. That doesn't sound like scattered showers to me. We'll still go and have fun but I'll probably cancel my Star Wars dessert party and Jungle Book dinner reservation. I don't want to pay extra if those events are cancelled. :(

I have been checking out this Tropical Depression and I am a little worried. We fly in 9:00 am. on Friday. Hopefully it will be out to sea by then.

I'm bummed to! Going to WDW tomorrow for 3 days and calling for 80-100% chance of rain with 10-50mm rain for those days. That doesn't sound like scattered showers to me. We'll still go and have fun but I'll probably cancel my Star Wars dessert party and Jungle Book dinner reservation. I don't want to pay extra if those events are cancelled. :(

The SWDP is indoors till fireworks. Probably not cancelled.

I have been checking out this Tropical Depression and I am a little worried. We fly in 9:00 am. on Friday. Hopefully it will be out to sea by then.

Us too. We will still get all day rain if it keeps up with what is predicted.

Fwiw, I was responding to someone coming in NEXT week. It does look like we will have some rain this week, but I can't say it enough: there is no way to accurately predict how much rain we will receive and where it will fall. It almost certainly won't be all day, non-stop rain for days and days. That only happens with a hurricane. A tropical storm will make it rain for a day or two, off and on. Not constantly. It will likely be more than we usually get at once (looking like Thursday and Friday *as of now.*) But remember last week, when people were freaking out that we would be covered in storms this past weekend?
Anyway, what do I know? I've only experienced 38 hurricane seasons here. If it helps to pass the time thinking about these things, go for it. :) I get it. It's not something you're used to dealing with, and the unknown is unsettling. Especially when the weather channel broadcasts doom and gloom all day (which they have to do for ratings). My best guess is (based on experience) you'll go, have some rain, and have a great time. It's WDW, after all!

Anyway, what do I know? I've only experienced 38 hurricane seasons here. If it helps to pass the time thinking about these things, go for it. :) I get it. It's not something you're used to dealing with, and the unknown is unsettling. Especially when the weather channel broadcasts doom and gloom all day (which they have to do for ratings). My best guess is (based on experience) you'll go, have some rain, and have a great time. It's WDW, after all!

Since you do have lots of experience with this kind of thing, what do airlines typically do in tropical storms? I am not so concerned about the rain after we get there though Fri & Sat were supposed to be pool days for us and that is a bummer BUT my concern is more with actually getting there. Our plane is supposed to land at 6:50pm Thursday.

We are headed to Disney on Friday, what is everyone's take on the storms there this week? We are from the Midwest, so not sure what to expect. Stressing out on whether to cancel, or not.

We are headed to Disney on Friday, what is everyone's take on the storms there this week? We are from the Midwest, so not sure what to expect. Stressing out on whether to cancel, or not.

We are leaving from Milwaukee at 6 AM Friday. We are planning on getting wet Friday and Saturday but we are not canceling. They aren't going to close the parks unless it gets Hurricane bad. This means lower lines for us nut jobs out in the rain. I planned a year for this one and I'll bet you have time vested too.

We will check the weather before leaving for Milwaukee to make sure flights aren't cancelled. If they are we will reschedule for later in the day.

We only have one day at Disney this trip and it is Friday. Plan to bring extra shoes/clothes/hat and rain poncho and just make the best of it. At least it is warm out. We were there one December that was cold and rainy and that was brutal!

We are leaving from Milwaukee at 6 AM Friday. We are planning on getting wet Friday and Saturday but we are not canceling. They aren't going to close the parks unless it gets Hurricane bad. This means lower lines for us nut jobs out in the rain. I planned a year for this one and I'll bet you have time vested too.

We will check the weather before leaving for Milwaukee to make sure flights aren't cancelled. If they are we will reschedule for later in the day.
Jadyreen, we are leaving from St. Louis, Friday night, we're not too awfully far from you!! Honestly, I am so worried the Electrical Parade will be canceled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter