For those who drive to Disneyland- road trip traditions

This is a fun thread. I just finished making various hotel reservations for a 16 day road trip from St. Louis, MO. Driving 3 full days to San Francisco via I-80. Spending 3 full days in Bay Area. Then driving to Yosemite for 2 nights. Then down to Anaheim for 5 nights (3 days Disney and 1 day at the beach). Then driving one day for a 1 night pit stop at the Grand Canyon south rim. (Basically get there in time for a sunset and sunrise before getting back on the road.) Then 2 more days through Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and back into Missouri.

With so many days on the road, we are going to need all the ideas we can get!!

I'm so excited!! We just bought our first new car!! And it's a Hybrid. We live in Tracy. The car will tell you how many miles you can go before you need gas. A full tank is 630 miles!!! The first thing I said when I saw that was that's almost round trip to DL!!:rotfl:

Our traditions have some factors. I usually drive, DH likes to relax and complain that I'm driving to fast (cruz is usually set at 75). DH, however is a changing factor, sometimes he doesn't come with us. If DH is with us, we leave the day before sometime between noon and four, usually get Taco Bell for DD at Santa Nella, stopping for snack re-fills at gas/potty stops. I've always wanted to do a coastal drive down, but I can't stomache the thought of a 9 hour car trip. If it's just me and the kids, in the past we've left at 7am. The car is packed with snacks like z-bars, rice cripsy treats, red vines, juice boxes, sliced apples w/peanut butter, and cheeze-its. A 7am start usually ment a stop off for doughnuts before we make it to the highway.

In the past, we've brought the lap top for movies and the kids have their gaming devices. The DL park music cd gets a major workout. Now that we have satilliet radio and my car will stream my droid playlists, I don't know what will happen. Driver usually get music control, but with it being a new car with lots of gadgets (nav, weather, pandor, table. . .) I don't know what'll happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter