For those of you who say DLR is a 5-day trip...

I think the longest I have ever done was 4 days. 3 is my husband's max. This year we are doing only 2. The 4 day one I did with my mum back in 2004 and honestly, for me, 4 days was perfect, cuz we were able to hit everything we wanted to hit and not feel rushed at all.

We usually do 5 days, but I guess technically 4 as we arrive halfway through the first day and leave halfway through the last for flights. I think it's the perfect amount of time. I can get a ton done but not rush and if we're staying on site, we take time to swim which I won't even consider if we're staying less than 4 days.

I had considered doing 4 this time, but I just can't make myself do it, our first trip was 3 and there was SO much we missed so our second trip was 5 and our next one will be too. But if 4 is all you can do 4 is better than 3 or ZERO lol

4 days is definitely enough for what you want. Sure, 5 days is better but it isn't a requirement. Just do 2 days in each park and you'll be more than satisfied with your trip. Hit DL on your first day, then DCA the next, and keep switching. You won't get tired of one park and you'll be excited to get back to them to repeat some of the fun stuff.

We've always found that, unless you're going at a very busy time, 4 days is enough to see and do everything we're interested in, including multiple rides on the big headliners. At that point, we're pretty much Disney'd out. We've done 5 days, but the 5th day always feels superfluous. OP, I'd say you'll be fine with 4 days.

Bob

I would actually start in San Diego and end in Disneyland. We did it the other way one time and our kids were so disappointed in LEGOLAND. This last May I started at LEGOLAND and ended in Disneyland and it was so much better. Don't miss WOC, it's really good, you just need a railing spot but doesn't matter what section.

We've always found that, unless you're going at a very busy time, 4 days is enough to see and do everything we're interested in, including multiple rides on the big headliners. At that point, we're pretty much Disney'd out. We've done 5 days, but the 5th day always feels superfluous. OP, I'd say you'll be fine with 4 days.

Bob

This is pretty true. Although it's nice to have as much time as possible, 4 days is enough to do most everything. Even if you did want to see each nighttime show, you could do one each night for 4 nights. We ride pretty much all of the rides during our trips, see shows, and meet characters and can do pretty much everything in 3 days, and that's with having little ones that need naps and that we have to child swap with. 4 days or more allows us to spread things out well and do more repeats, which is nice. I enjoy our 4-5 day trips as they're more like vacations, but having had an AP a few times we've driven out for a day or two and still enjoyed the trip.

I would actually start in San Diego and end in Disneyland. We did it the other way one time and our kids were so disappointed in LEGOLAND. This last May I started at LEGOLAND and ended in Disneyland and it was so much better. Don't miss WOC, it's really good, you just need a railing spot but doesn't matter what section.

I actually hadn't thought to go in reverse! I guess I just really want to get to DL asap! I'll look into this. It's a great idea

We did 5 days and didn't feel like we did everything. BUT we redid quite a few things that my daughter liked and wasted some time on some sub-par character meals. We also took breaks every day. I don't think you'd be unhappy with what you could do in 4 days.

I think the longest I have ever done was 4 days. 3 is my husband's max. This year we are doing only 2. The 4 day one I did with my mum back in 2004 and honestly, for me, 4 days was perfect, cuz we were able to hit everything we wanted to hit and not feel rushed at all.

We're similar. We have never done more than 3 days at a time. Don't think I could ever convince my dh to do MORE than 3 days, he only does DL because I want to (and also the kids now lol). We do a LOT and I think we get everything done that we wanted to and then some.

We did 3 days on our first trip. We were able to meet a lot of characters and rode all of the rides we wanted to. Took a couple hour break every afternoon.

Our next trip, sometime in 2016, we are doing 4 days just because our youngest will be tall enough for all the rides and that opens up more lines to stand in.

Thanks everyone. I'm starting to lean toward adding another day, and cutting LL to just one.

We don't do character meals, we'd rather spend that time on rides or other attractions, so that helps with getting more done. As far as shows, neither kid is really interested in those things. We have to see the parade for my Cars loving son (mack is his fave character). Maybe F! and the fireworks. We did see the old WOC show last visit and they didn't really care much. They are more into rides than anything else.

We're similar. We have never done more than 3 days at a time. Don't think I could ever convince my dh to do MORE than 3 days, he only does DL because I want to (and also the kids now lol). We do a LOT and I think we get everything done that we wanted to and then some.
Yep, totally the same. We try and get as much done as possible with however many days we have.
Looks like our trips will cross in a couple of weeks, eh?

We always get the maximum day ticket that DL offers and spend 5 days in the parks so I would vote to add a day at DLR.

Dont miss WoC or Fantasmic if at all possible. They are both amazing shows so if you can definetly try and take them in.

Have fun!

I think a lot of this will depend on the age of your kids, your touring style, etc. I know people who can't fathom spending 5 days in the park, but they go for the bigger rides and run around grabbing fast passes and going on the roller coasters. We go for five days, allowing ourselves to soak in the atmosphere, go to multiple shows, ride pretty much all the rides, plus our favorites as many times as the kids want, take a break if we need it, etc. We can relax and enjoy the Disney experience.

Frankly I love Disney and could go for days...... but 4 days is a great trip, and if that's all you have time for, just go and enjoy it! I try to do 5 when we go just because that's the max parkhopper you can buy, and I like a bargain. But my next trip is only 3 days (with a military pass, so another bargain) and I"ll love every minute of it. Even if I don't get to do every single thing I want to do multiple times.

(I recently had a non-disney friend tell me "3 hours and you've seen the whole place." I couldn't believe it.)

Let's be honest here - a month at Disneyland wouldn't even be enough time!! ;)

We've gone for times as little as 5 days all the way to 12 days. We still feel like we never get to do everything even at 12 days. I would go with as long as you are able to. I would say that 7-8 days is enough to hit everything major and see the shows at least once.

Yep, totally the same. We try and get as much done as possible with however many days we have.
Looks like our trips will cross in a couple of weeks, eh?

Haha, yes looks like it! We're there Oct 1-3. Looks like we're 'neighbours' too, if you're in Seattle, we're 3 hours north of you in Vancouver BC ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter