For those newly married...What is your most special wedding present (Disney or not)??

IvyandLace

Certified pixie dust user
I wasn't sure where to post this question, but since this is the forum all about weddings, I thought this might be the place. :p My sis (who is a MAJOR Disney freak) is getting married in June 2004, and I am still waiting for "the gift" idea to hit me. She is my best friend so I want something REALLY special.

What is your "favorite" or most special wedding gift that you received? Help me out! ;)

:p IVY :p

The gift that moved me to tears was the silver cake cutting set my mother gave us. It's engraved with our names and wedding date, and it has hearts in the handles.

My DH's Aunt made us a hanging quilt. It bodied everything about us. We were married in Las Vegas and had a Castle and Knight theme (castle invites, castle toasting glasses, castle cake topper, married at Canterberry Chapels in Excalibur the big castle on the strip) Anyway she made a quilt that had a castle, knight, bride, groom, cat(we have two, there are kids) all in my wedding colors purple and red. Of course the base of the quilt was Mickey mouse heads in red (Met DH in DL).

Taking a delayed honeymoon in 18 days! :hyper:

My favorite wedding gift was a clock that my husband's aunt had purchased in Epcot, it is beautiful. She got it out on World's Showcase somewhere. It plays songs (in stereo) and in the clock is a crystal replica of cinderella's castle with a jewel in the middle of it. Along with that there is a Cinderella & Prince Charming swining on one side of the pendulum and on the other side is the footmen carrying a glass slipper.....it is amazing, I've never seen anything like it before....but the weird thing is that it doesn't play disney songs!!! It plays like 7 different songs on the hour and when you poke a button the front of it............My heart will go on from Titanic, Save the Best for Last from Vanessa Williams are just a few!!

It is breathtaking though and we've gotten so many compliments on it as it is hanging in our dining room now

:teeth:

Hi! My favorite wedding gift (besides those I got from my husband) actually came after the wedding. It is a DVD compilation of our wedding photos, set to Disney music. I was crying, the first time I watched it!
Cheers!
Heather W

My most favorite wedding gift that I recieved was a photo blanket that had my now husband our daughter and I in front of Cinderellas Castle. It was given to me by my sister. She said she ordered it from the following company http://www.warmestthoughts.com/photo-blankets-pillows.html
and then had a women she knew embroider
"The Fernandes Family"
"May 3, 2003"
It sits over the back of my coach and evertime I go to watch a little tv, I use it and look at it and it just brings back so many good memories.

She did note to me that it was hard to get a picture from my house that she knew I liked. She managed to do this through my daughter. :tongue:

I hope you find that perfect gift for your sister. Actually when it comes from a sister, to me anyway, just her being at my wedding was the best gift I could of recieved.

The best things that we got for our wedding was:

1. Money (without that, we wouldn't have been able to go on our honeymoon, help pay for the wedding costs that my parents put in, bills, and to buy some toys that we wanted [video cam corder, etc.]).

2. Kirby Vacuum (Even though we all ready had a vacuum, but this is the best vacuum ever on the market. The dealers buy them for $300 and than sells them to the public starting $1200. Since I work with dealerships--and we do work with Kirby dealers--I know the pricing of them. Fortunatly, a family friend bought one, and they just gave it to us).

I'm sure there were other things that we loved for our wedding gifts but I can't think of anything at the moment.

I'd say our favorite wedding gifts were: Bride and groom antena toppers, Mickey and Minnie photo frame from friends in CA.
The 12 pack of coke. huge thing of goldfish crackers from DH's groomaman/coworker.
And my best friend from grade school flying from Ut to be in our wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter