• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For the first time in forever (Frozen ride)

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone

We are going next month. We haven’t been since 2016. For the first time in forever we can ride the Frozen ride in Epcot. My DD is 9 and no longer into Frozen. She is saying she doesn’t want to ride it but I’m like “You made me watch that movie so much that I have the whole thing memorized! You’re riding it and you’re gonna like it!”

I haven’t seen much on here about the ride since Pandora opened. Is Frozen still a long wait? I have FP+ for Soarin. Do we have to hit Frozen at rope drop or can we go to Test Track and then hit Frozen at 9:30? How about meeting Anna and Elsa? We used to wait over 2 hours for them on our 2014 trip. I know they moved back to Epcot so is it still 2 hours or has the hype died down?

I mean it’s crazy
What?
We finish each other’s
Sandwiches
That’s what I was going to say!

We did the frozen ride for the first time in November. I have 4 daughters who are huge frozen fans. To be honest, they did not like the ride at all. They said it was too short and a little boring. I had to agree. I was sorry we used a fastpass on it instead of Test Track. The wait is usually over 60 minutes all day long, unless you rope drop it. In my opinion, it's not worth the wait. Sorry to be a downer!

We did it last year and to be honest we were all a bit disappointed...thankfully we didn't burn a FP+ for it and did it towards the end of EMH at night.

This spring when we go the only person who wants to go is my wife...so happy wife happy life compromise will be to do it again at EMH at night...less little kids there so the line is usually manageable...

And for us FP+ for TT is more valuable because it tends to break down so often that there is a 50/50 chance that FP+ turns into a flexible FP+ that we could use on Frozen or Soarin if needed... :-b

My advice (although you didn't specifically ask for it) would be to try to change your FP from Soarin to TT. TT breaks down frequently, so if you have FP and it goes down, it will convert to an anytime FP. If you RD, you run the risk of not getting on. Of course, the Single Rider line is always an option.

Frozen Ever After is usually a fairly short wait at RD, with the masses heading to TT. Definitely popular, but not as popular as TT. If you are at the front of the RD pack for TT, you can probably get to FEA while the line is still reasonable, but it will be a wait.

Now that there's the third theatre, the capacity for Soarin has improved greatly since your last trip, and waits are generally shorter than FEA or TT. Plus, it's the easiest to get as a same-day FP. I went to Epcot on a crowd-level 9 day back in November, and while I was getting claustrophobia walking through WS, I was able to get Soarin to pop up 3 times as an additional FP (rode it twice), and in that time TT and FEA did not pop up at all, even with A LOT of refreshing.

I know you say you have FP already for Soarin, but if you can cancel them, and get one for either FEA or TT, you're probably better off. Otherwise, do TT at RD and then boogity-shoo it over to FEA. Alternately, plan to do one just before the park closes; the line will move much faster after there's no one going through the FP queue and bumping the standby riders.

Change your Soarin FP to TT. Soarin has the shortest wait out of the 3.

Yes Frozen is usually a decent wait, 45+ min. It's not Flight of Passage waits, but you'll want to go at rope drop or have a FP.

So I would grab a FP for TT, rope drop Frozen, then do Soarin whenever you want.

Anna and Elsa usually have a wait of about 20-60 min. If you go in the morning right after Frozen (if you rope drop Frozen), then you can meet the sisters with minimum wait

Anna and Elsa usually have a wait of about 20-60 min. If you go in the morning right after Frozen (if you rope drop Frozen), then you can meet the sisters with minimum wait

This is my plan, to rope drop Frozen. I was wondering if the meet would be open too .Thanks for this!

Another unsolicited personal opinion... the Frozen sing-along show at Hollywood Studios is far superior to the ride at EPCOT. I'm not a Frozen fan but saw the sing-along twice during my recent trip because it is so fun.

Last edited:
Another unsolicited personal option... the Frozen sing-along show at Hollywood Studios is far superior to the ride at EPCOT. I'm not a Frozen fan but saw the sing-along twice during my recent trip because it is so fun.

Agree. That show is really good, and very funny. We have made that a must do when we visit WDW (2 adults)

We love Frozen and love the ride. It is on the short side for sure. I wouldn't stand by for any more than 30 minutes though.

This is my plan, to rope drop Frozen. I was wondering if the meet would be open too .Thanks for this!

Im my experience yes it usually opens around the same time. And if you RD the ride the meet and greet line may be 30-40 mins by the time you get out.

You can check official times here

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/character-meet-anna-elsa-royal-sommerhus/

If you want to hit the "big 3" at Epcot, my suggested order is as follows, if you're a rope dropper:

RD TT
FEA standby (line will still be short)
FP+ Soarin'

Alternatively, you could:
RD Soarin'
FEA standby
FP+ TT

We recently suffered from the TT breakdowns including one evac just prior to the “aerodynamic test”. The FP we received from the mid-ride TT evac was not good for certain attractions. I don’t remember full details but believe Frozen was an attraction not covered by the FP. We really wanted to use them later on TT but it didn’t re-start before we left the park.

Spaceship Earth was also down that day for an appreciable period of time.

We love Frozen and love the ride. It is on the short side for sure. I wouldn't stand by for any more than 30 minutes though.

Im my experience yes it usually opens around the same time. And if you RD the ride the meet and greet line may be 30-40 mins by the time you get out.

You can check official times here

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/character-meet-anna-elsa-royal-sommerhus/

I appreciate the info! My plan was to RD Frozen and then meet Anna and Elsa. Head to TT FP...which I might make now for 10:00 instead of 9:30. Then we would head over to Soarin and do Standby.

We think its worth the ride. Its cute. My nephew liked it and he's never been much of a Frozen fan. The animatronics on it are very different than other rides.

We always do FP+ for Frozen, rope drop Test Track, and do Soarin at some point during the day or with a 4th FP+. As mentioned, Soarin has the lowest standby waits of the three now. We don't like rope dropping Frozen because its a long haul at a brisk pace back to that ride, and anyone who has a pre-park opening breakfast ADR at Akershus will have already beat you to the line.

Not sure what current waits are for Anna & Elsa. We did it in Summer 2017 right before Illuminations and walked right in with no wait at all. I think the posted wait was 20, but no one was in line at all.

I like the ride. It's worth doing I think even for the casual fan.

We always do FP+ for Frozen, rope drop Test Track, and do Soarin at some point during the day or with a 4th FP+. As mentioned, Soarin has the lowest standby waits of the three now. We don't like rope dropping Frozen because its a long haul at a brisk pace back to that ride, and anyone who has a pre-park opening breakfast ADR at Akershus will have already beat you to the line.

I can understand your reasoning for sure. For me....hearing the stories and remembering what happened with TT on our 2015 visit....2 breakdowns....they say having a FP is the better option for that one. If you haul over there to do standby and heaven forbid it goes down first thing in the AM, then you are quite out of luck. I opened up my MDE app one morning looking at wait times around 9 my time...and TT was down. So that was 10am for them though. I'll do the trek over to Frozen...why? Because more will be going to TT. And yes, you are absolutely right....those with the ADR will beat me to the line...but how many people may that be by rope drop....20 at the most? I have no clue how many tables that restaurant holds so I could be way off, but I'll take the chance and have maybe a 15 minute wait at rope drop as compared to an hour much later in the day or the chance of never getting the FP. We also want to meet Anna and Elsa and our plan is to do that after riding Frozen. :D

I can understand your reasoning for sure. For me....hearing the stories and remembering what happened with TT on our 2015 visit....2 breakdowns....they say having a FP is the better option for that one. If you haul over there to do standby and heaven forbid it goes down first thing in the AM, then you are quite out of luck. I opened up my MDE app one morning looking at wait times around 9 my time...and TT was down. So that was 10am for them though. I'll do the trek over to Frozen...why? Because more will be going to TT. And yes, you are absolutely right....those with the ADR will beat me to the line...but how many people may that be by rope drop....20 at the most? I have no clue how many tables that restaurant holds so I could be way off, but I'll take the chance and have maybe a 15 minute wait at rope drop as compared to an hour much later in the day or the chance of never getting the FP. We also want to meet Anna and Elsa and our plan is to do that after riding Frozen. :D

To each their own. No right or wrong way to do it. We've been twice in the last 18 months and have not experienced Test Track being down at opening, so rope drop has worked for us there. I know that can happen, but I think odds are that you can expect it to be running at opening. I think the greater odds are that it will break down during the day at some point, and if that happens to be during your FP window, you'd have to try to fit it in later when it comes back up. And at that point, the ride will be seeing greater FP traffic as well. We actually had this happen with our Frozen FP - ride went down and never came back up (or it did only briefly) before we had to leave for the day, so we never got to ride it.

If we don't make it to TT for rope drop, we'll ride TT single rider at some point during the day in the worst case scenario, so that's another option.

Last time we decided to rope drop Frozen, we had about a 35 minute wait standby. Ahead of us were pre-park opening ADRs from Akershus and Garden Grill, as well as people who entered from the International Gateway.

I haven’t seen much on here about the ride since Pandora opened. Is Frozen still a long wait? !

Our strategy has been to not get a FP+ for Frozen, but get in line at 8:55pm. In the 19 years the current version of illuminations has been playing, we dont care to see it again.

Since there are no more FP+ riders after 9:00pm, the stand by line clears out by the time illuminations ends.

My girls are 11 and 17. We love to go on that attraction. yes it is short, but well done.

You need to go on it! lol.
I wasn't super into Frozen and now because of the ride and the sing along at DHS I am more into it.
It usually has the longest line at Epcot still.
Trouble is it breaks down a lot.
Soarin' on the other hand seems to break down way less often than it used to and generally has way shorter wait times than FEA.
If I were you I'd see about switching my Soarin' to FEA or do it at RD and switch the Soarin' FP to TT for 9:30am.
Either way Soarin' is generally an easy 4th+ FP to get or just wait SB.

We did a FP for FEA and stood in line to meet Anna & Elsa. They wait to see them wasn't too long. I think DH enjoyed FEA more than anyone. It was longer than I thought it would be and you were fully immersed in the scenery. We got to EPCOT at rope drop and went straight to standby line for Test Track with a not too long wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter