For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

That wraps up our Christmas visits to the park! Up next the Crown Jewels!
I love seeing all the decorations. It feels like Disneyland does a better job than Disney World does when it comes to decorating for Christmas. I miss the days of the garland and wreaths hung all the way across Main Street.

Anyone recognize this guy?
I've got to admit. I wasn't sure. The blinged out belt and arm band thing should have given it away. I saw pkondz guessed Freddie and realize that's right now, but I was going to be a smart ace and say John McClane.

All caught up! I need to come out for the holidays this year.....if I don't live there already. :)

Jill in CO

It's a layered dish I serve in individual bowls. From bottom to top, rice with some soy or teriyaki sc, asian noodles stir fried with stirfry sc, mixed stirfried veggies (carrot, celery, snap peas, mushrooms, green onion... usually in teriyaki sc), chicken stirfried with black bean sc, shrimp or scallops or crab stirfried with oyster sc or black bean sc, soft poached egg.

Sounds interesting, but somehow, I don't think Fran would like it.

I didn't know they did more than the one... which I never saw.

I liked the first one, want to see the second.

It must be available on-line now... somewhere.

Oh, I'm sure it is. When Fran found out I hadn't seen it, she said we had to correct that.

I liked it. I thought it was better than Rocketman.
Have you seen Yesterday? I've watched it a couple times. (It's available on Prime if you have it.)

All on my list to see!

I love seeing all the decorations. It feels like Disneyland does a better job than Disney World does when it comes to decorating for Christmas. I miss the days of the garland and wreaths hung all the way across Main Street.

I've only been to WDW once for the Christmas Season, and it was a long time ago. I love Disneyland at Christmas!

I've got to admit. I wasn't sure. The blinged out belt and arm band thing should have given it away. I saw pkondz guessed Freddie and realize that's right now, but I was going to be a smart ace and say John McClane.

Good one! I like it!

So technically by this time, Christmas was long over. Most everyone had put away their trees, and most people were moving on by breaking their New Year's resolutions. But at Disney Christmas continues for another week or so. We had plans to check out the Christmas parade a couple days before the New Year, but heavy rain in Southern California changed those plans. So with only a few days left we headed back to Disney to wrap up the holiday season.

Remember I told you that Fran bought one of those lanyards for the Festival of the Holidays? Well darned if I wasn’t going to get some value out of it! So we started off at DCA. Here’s one that we missed back in November. A Twist on Tradition.

Here we ordered the Reimagined Beef Brisket Wellington – $8.50

Reuben Potato Bites with Russian Dressing & Rye Toast Crumble – $7.00

I thought that both of them were nice and tasty and would order them again if they are back next year.

The next item we got was from the Favorite Things booth. I forgot to get a picture of the booth but it was the Holiday Stuffing Mac N Cheese $7.75. I didn’t like the “stuffing” part on top of the Mac.

At this point, we decided that it didn’t matter if we got our “value” out of the tabs (using them for items over $6.50) and that getting ANY value was more important than none at all. So from Making Spirits Bright, we got this Cinnamon & Sugar Holiday Tart – $6.00

I got another one of these Pot Roast sandwiches since I knew it was a solid choice.

And then we used our final credit on this Gingerbread Mickey – $5.25 from Grandma’s Recipes. And then we used all our tabs!

Now it’s off to Disneyland to see the Christmas Parade! Hi Clarabelle!

Hello Train station!

The Christmas Tree won’t be there for much longer!

Time to eat our Cinnamon and Sugar Holiday Tart!

Fran is all snug, like a bug in a rug!

So it’s been a long time since I’ve broken out the good camera and I decided that for this parade I would do so. I was so smart, I knew that since it hadn’t been used in a while I had to charge the battery so i did! So once we were in our spot on the parade route, I whipped out the camera to get a few shots to test the light and “No card in Camera” DOH! Rookie move. So you can enjoy these pictures from my cell phone.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

And I’ll just let the parade pics speak for themselves:

And that truly wraps up the Christmas season at DL!

Must be difficult since you have so many varyinga types of eaters in the house!
Yup. :sad2:
most people were moving on by breaking their New Year's resolutions.
:laughing:
For the first time in a while, I didn't make any. Just... not motivated.
Remember I told you that Fran bought one of those lanyards for the Festival of the Holidays?
::yes::
Well darned if I wasn’t going to get some value out of it!
:laughing: Good for you!
x22DL0103FH02.jpg
Mickey head!
Holiday Stuffing Mac N Cheese $7.75. I didn’t like the “stuffing” part on top of the Mac.
Too bad. That sounds like it should be a winner.
we got this Cinnamon & Sugar Holiday Tart
It looks... plain.
I got another one of these Pot Roast sandwiches since I knew it was a solid choice.
That, on the other hand, looks delish.
Hi Clarabelle!
I wonder how many people remember actually seeing her in cartoons?
Time to eat our Cinnamon and Sugar Holiday Tart!

Oh! There's filling. Do you remember what it was?
:goodvibes Looks toasty!
I knew that since it hadn’t been used in a while I had to charge the battery so i did! So once we were in our spot on the parade route, I whipped out the camera to get a few shots to test the light and “No card in Camera” DOH! Rookie move.
D'oh!
Sorry about that.
Like the books.
I think this might be my favourite part of the whole parade!
A whole tree?!?!? How cool is that!
Gotta have a gingerbread house. ::yes::
Holy crap.

Thanks for all the photos. Looks like it was a pretty amazing parade!

There were gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
And whozits and whatzits galore
And thingamabobs?

That is clearly a dinglehopper.

These crowns from the White Witch in the Series The Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe are super cool. As she loses her powers, the crown keeps shrinking. How many of you noticed this in the movie?

Nope, never saw that. But it's a neat little detail.

I took a picture of this for all you sports fans out there….you know who you are.

:wave2:

Anyone recognize this guy?

Nope. No clue.

The next item we got was from the Favorite Things booth. I forgot to get a picture of the booth but it was the Holiday Stuffing Mac N Cheese $7.75. I didn’t like the “stuffing” part on top of the Mac.

Hot take: I think stuffing is really overrated, especially among Thanksgiving side dishes.

Is she even there?

I whipped out the camera to get a few shots to test the light and “No card in Camera” DOH! Rookie move.

:rotfl2:I can totally relate to that one!

I have been off the Dis for a few weeks because my laptop has been acting up but I am finally caught up. Will be going over to the other TR soon too. I have had a DLR trip planned for a while now but it kept getting rescheduled due to Covid. It all is because of a concert I have tickets for (a-ha) that was originally September 2020, then it was moved to May 2021, now it is in April, going on the 8th to the 2nd of their 3 shows at The Wiltern (they actually have another concert booked at The Hollywood Bowl in July, too). We are doing the WB studio tour earlier that day and an LA tour on Saturday. I finalized all the arrangements in the last few weeks, Flights, hotel, tickets, etc. We have a 4 day ticket. Looking forward to it.

NOW we're talkin'!

I was so smart, I knew that since it hadn’t been used in a while I had to charge the battery so i did!

YAY!!
So once we were in our spot on the parade route, I whipped out the camera to get a few shots to test the light and “No card in Camera” DOH! Rookie move. So you can enjoy these pictures from my cell phone.

oh

But.... thank goodness I'm not alone in feeling like a rookie!! I did the EXACT same thing last weekend when I went to the rodeo. Got a primo parking spot, paid, went in, whipped out my camera for my first photo... D'oh! No card. I raced to Walmart and bought one, came back, waited forever to get a new, terrible parking spot, and finally made it back in. Felt so dumb!

Holy cow what a fantastic photo!! Nicely done!

Mickey head!

All the food at Disney should be in the shape of a Mickey head! :laughing:

Too bad. That sounds like it should be a winner.

Well the Mac part was. I just didn't care for the bread crumbs on top. Made it kind of mealy.

It looks... plain.

But it was super tasty!

That, on the other hand, looks delish.

This was sure bet since I'd had it before several times.

I wonder how many people remember actually seeing her in cartoons?

Possibly a lot now that Disney+ is out there.

Oh! There's filling. Do you remember what it was?

Cinnamon and sugar, my favorite flavor of pop tart too!

:goodvibes Looks toasty!

She was actually still freezing.

D'oh!
Sorry about that.

#facepalm

Like the books.

Gives it that old time feel

I think this might be my favourite part of the whole parade!

I cracked up at that one!

A whole tree?!?!? How cool is that!

There were several!

Gotta have a gingerbread house. ::yes::

Of course! ::yes::

Holy crap.

Thanks for all the photos. Looks like it was a pretty amazing parade!

It was! I'm glad we took the time to see it!

All the food at Disney should be in the shape of a Mickey head! :laughing:
"Here's your drink... and the two smaller drinks for ears."
Well the Mac part was. I just didn't care for the bread crumbs on top. Made it kind of mealy.
Ah.
Possibly a lot now that Disney+ is out there.
Oh? Maybe? I haven't seen her on Disney+, but I'm not watching cartoons either.
She was actually still freezing.
:cold:
I cracked up at that one!

That is clearly a dinglehopper.

:rotfl2:

Nope, never saw that. But it's a neat little detail.

:thumbsup2

Yup! You were the first person I thought of, but I know there are others out there.

Nope. No clue.

Freddy Mercury.

Hot take: I think stuffing is really overrated, especially among Thanksgiving side dishes.

Well, it's my favorite side. :snooty:

Is she even there?

:rotfl2:I can totally relate to that one!

:sad2:

I have been off the Dis for a few weeks because my laptop has been acting up but I am finally caught up. Will be going over to the other TR soon too.

I saw you made it over there!

I have had a DLR trip planned for a while now but it kept getting rescheduled due to Covid. It all is because of a concert I have tickets for (a-ha) that was originally September 2020, then it was moved to May 2021, now it is in April, going on the 8th to the 2nd of their 3 shows at The Wiltern (they actually have another concert booked at The Hollywood Bowl in July, too).

Never heard of that group, but I don't keep up with current music anymore, so it doesn't surprise me.

We are doing the WB studio tour earlier that day and an LA tour on Saturday. I finalized all the arrangements in the last few weeks, Flights, hotel, tickets, etc. We have a 4 day ticket. Looking forward to it.

So what days are you at Disney?

NOW we're talkin'!

Can't go wrong with Mac n Cheese!

:sad2:

But.... thank goodness I'm not alone in feeling like a rookie!! I did the EXACT same thing last weekend when I went to the rodeo. Got a primo parking spot, paid, went in, whipped out my camera for my first photo... D'oh! No card. I raced to Walmart and bought one, came back, waited forever to get a new, terrible parking spot, and finally made it back in. Felt so dumb!

Well at least you could fix your situation. I had to rely on the phone.

Holy cow what a fantastic photo!! Nicely done!

Thanks! I was hoping someone would notice that one! It was total luck though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter