? for moms of 4 or more

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now everyone will have a ride partner!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I have enjoyed reading all your posts. Family size is such a personal decision, isn't it? What's right for your family is just that: right for your family. We have 4 dd's and I home educate them. I wouldn't trade a moment with any of them. (OK, maybe when the near 11 yo rolls her eyes at me, but then I wouldn't want her far away ;) )

I lost my DH last week. He died peacefully in his sleep. I can not tell you the immeasureable amount of comfort, joy, support I see in our dd's. Each one brings something unique to the table. They each have another hand to hold, someone to share a bed with, someone to ride with. Is it chaos, loud, full of emotion around here? You bet! And I thrive on it. God gave me these dd's to raise up, and to look to.

I've been nervous when pregnant, greiving at a miscarriage, wondering how we'd fit another toy, let alone a child, in the house. I smile at how you all share. Warms my heart. Good luck to those surprised parents...what a joy to behold! What mystery lies ahead, developing yet another wonderful being into so many possibilities. But then, I've always loved surprises!

Just felt moved to share these thoughts. I can't even remember what the OP was... No matter. Wishing you all a beautiful day!

Vicki I have been reading your posts about losing your dh. Im so sorry. {{{hugs}}} for you. I know it has to be so very hard for you but you seem to be doing a pretty good job at holding it together for your girls. They are very lucky to have such a strong mom that can help them through this.
My prayers are with you always.

I registered on this site, just to post a reply, but I have a feeling that I am way too late.
First of all, this is not a political views board...Ducklite, you were way out of line for telling the poster of this thread your personal views on how many children people should have!!??? She NEVER asked anyone for that...she asked for people with larger families how they go to DL or WDW on a budget...not for a soapbox lecture on someone's political views on population growth! GEEEZ! I took personal offense that you talked about her personal decision to have another child. How dare you try and discourage her from that. If someone can afford them, then they can have as many as they want. I could go on and on with PROs on why someone should have another child as much as you can go against it.
Anyways, I would like to add to the subject at hand. I am a PROUD mother of 4 and we are going for our first trip to WDW in October. I have been to Disneyland so many times that I cannot count since I am on the west coast. So I know some tricks of the trade and have been studying up so much!!! And you are right, it is an expensive leap for us to make too. We just have to look for deals like crazy, and try to go at the most value season as possible, but it is so worth it. Don't give up hope, and look on the web for deals as much as possible! Thanks!

Well I have avoided this topic for three pages because I don't have four kids. I'm not even close as my DS is an only child. I wanted to say that having such a small family is not always the choice that one makes. Medical problems limited us to just one child. We , would love to know the joy and laughter of a large family. Yes, an only child has more things, but there are so many other things that he misses out on by not having brothers and sisters. Most families, large or small have to budget in the way their morals and values dictate. WDW vacation are doable by families of all sizes, it just might take more time and creativitiy to plan for a larger family.We contine to explore the possibility of adding to our family through adoption, though we are a happy content family of three also. If however I had to choose between giving my child a week at WDW every other year as we do now, or a life time of love from brothers and siblings, WDW would not win.
BTW, if anyone wants to balance out their two kid family limit, you are welcome to have my extra child. Just send me a picture of him at WDW, or just hugging those brothers and sisters!!!

Jordan's mom

Vicki,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope God continues to give you incredible strength in the days to come. What an inspiration you are! Those girls are soooo blessed to have a mom like you! I am so glad you have those precious children to comfort you.

Jordan's Mom,
You have such a great outlook. I hope you are able to adopt and still take lots of wonderful vacations! You are a great mom, too!

Vicky~ Just wanted to say "Hi " and let you know that I think of you everyday. **HUGS**

Michelle2~Welcome to the Boards! Your post was well put but don't lose sleep over it. You'll find lots of differing opinions here, not all expressed in a tactful manner. It happens.:( Took me a while to get used to it.

Jordan's MOM~ We have friends who have a daughter the age of my oldest DS and could not have any more after her. I always wished they would have adopted bc. they are such wonderful parents. Anyhow, she and I laugh as we compare and contrast a large family vs a small one. Really, there are pro and cons to each! And children from either type of family grow up happy and well-adjusted as long as they are loved and cared for.

Thank you for the welcome crazymomof4, boy can I relate to that name. And no, I did not lose any sleep over ducklite's post at all, didn't mean to sound like I would LOL!
I really love reading all of the great tips and have learned SO much on what to do, what not to do...I think that I am finally getting things finalized! I am so excited! Thanks again

Michelle--we are going in Oct also. What are your dates? We are staying at OKW Oct 6-10th or 11th then moving to Hard Rock for a couple of nights.
We are going to MNSSHP 10/10. I didnt want to go on a Friday but it was the only one that fell in our time frame.

Personally, I think there are too many people on this earth already, and bringing more into the world is just bringing a legacy of starvation and pollution for our children and their children to bear.

OH MY!!!!!!!

You CANNOT be serious!

I have had people say to me "how can you bring so many kids into this overcrowded world" and I just always say that if all of the intelligent, educated, and concerned couples have little or NO kids and all of the other people continue having more and more kids then where will the world be? Hopefully we are doing everything we can to raise our children to be good citizens who contribute to making the world a BETTER place!!! Funny, DH and I are both from families with 4 kids, so us having 4 seems like the right size to us! People with less kids have small families to us, and people with more have large families. I guess it all depends on YOUR perspective!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter