For all of you worried that Happily Ever After won't be a good replacement for Wishes

The main male vocalist is from Hamilton. Does a good job on Broadway, so I have faith in the kid contributing his voice to this.

Ok we were there the first day the Star Wars showed. I thought it was wonderful. I just wondered how much it had changed.

I loved the star wars weekends version better but I really enjoyed it when it first came out. It's become a little more close pyro but much less high altitude. There's a lot of gaps now and it's right on the edge where at the moment they can get away with calling it a fireworks show but if they take it any further, it's a projection show with pyro and firework highlights. That's what I hope MK doesn't turn into.

I must love constant vibrato then. I absolutely LOVE the new song and think the singers are perfectly paired!

Hey everyone,

The excitement for Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom is certaintly brewing. But did you know that the main theme has already been used in a show in Hong Kong Disneyland as well as their theme song for their recent anniversary.
Take a look:

Original -

Happily Ever After -

What does everyone think? Should Disney take something else from Hong Kong (they copied Paint the Night for Disneyland) or do you think it's time for Disney to create something really really new? Let us know :)

Either way, I really like the song and I hope it does well in Happily Ever After!

We'll just have to wait and see :)

I loved the star wars weekends version better but I really enjoyed it when it first came out. It's become a little more close pyro but much less high altitude. There's a lot of gaps now and it's right on the edge where at the moment they can get away with calling it a fireworks show but if they take it any further, it's a projection show with pyro and firework highlights. That's what I hope MK doesn't turn into.

Saw the Star Wars show for the first time last night and this became my fear with the new show. It's a decent show but a terrible fireworks show, especially since I loved Symphony in the Stars.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I can't watch the video but I will still hold out some hope that this one might be better. It would make more sense since there is already a pure projection show(Once Upon a Time).

Saw the Star Wars show for the first time last night and this became my fear with the new show. It's a decent show but a terrible fireworks show, especially since I loved Symphony in the Stars.

Unfortunately, I'm trying to avoid spoilers so I can't watch the video but I will still hold out some hope that this one might be better. It would make more sense since there is already a pure projection show(Once Upon a Time).
As I have reminded people on several threads SWaGS is not portrayed or called a "fireworks show" people just tend to think that it is. It's a "spectacular" combining different elements, again for those that might not know, DHS had to scale back on fireworks since they moved the launching location to outside the park and very close to major highways. If they had bigger fireworks, like SitS, they would need to close both Osceola Pkwy and World Dr. until fireworks were cleared.
I also loved SitS and it has been by far my favorite fireworks show in the parks, ever. SWaGS is not a fireworks show

As I have reminded people on several threads SWaGS is not portrayed or called a "fireworks show" people just tend to think that it is. It's a "spectacular" combining different elements, again for those that might not know, DHS had to scale back on fireworks since they moved the launching location to outside the park and very close to major highways. If they had bigger fireworks, like SitS, they would need to close both Osceola Pkwy and World Dr. until fireworks were cleared.
I also loved SitS and it has been by far my favorite fireworks show in the parks, ever. SWaGS is not a fireworks show

The dessert party page refers to it as such so that could cause confusion. I believe they most likely used the previous dessert party information and changed the links to reflect the current show without removing that bit.

I wasn't aware of the road closures though, that's interesting to know.

The dessert party page refers to it as such so that could cause confusion. I believe they most likely used the previous dessert party information and changed the links to reflect the current show without removing that bit.

I wasn't aware of the road closures though, that's interesting to know.
For Wishes and Happily Ever After they have to close portions of world Dr and Floridian Way, behind the castle, which only affects Cast Members leaving work so it's not a huge deal.

As I have reminded people on several threads SWaGS is not portrayed or called a "fireworks show" people just tend to think that it is.

We're just going to disagree on this point. It's "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks" not "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular". Other properties have incorporated projections and things into the shows long before WDW and nobody is calling those "just spectaculars".

I do agree spectacular better fits what it is now.

We're just going to disagree on this point. It's "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Fireworks" not "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular". Other properties have incorporated projections and things into the shows long before WDW and nobody is calling those "just spectaculars".

I do agree spectacular better fits what it is now.
It's not called Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular Fireworks

It's not called Star Wars a Galactic Spectacular Fireworks

interesting.. when did they change the name? (and yes it was called fireworks at the start, it's in the mickey monitor and the results from google before you click it.)..

this actually helps my point and concern and I see your point more now. Ok, I'll agree with you it's not fireworks and that was rather crappy of disney to quietly change the name and scale it back...

Watched it for the 3rd time...darn you Disney. I'm crying like a baby again.

We saw a preview of the fireworks from our TPview room at the Contemporary in March. Woke us up, actually. Was pretty good, even without the music.

What does everyone think? Should Disney take something else from Hong Kong (they copied Paint the Night for Disneyland) or do you think it's time for Disney to create something really really new? Let us know.

I don't think it matters that much. Audience crossover between HK and the US parks is likely minimal, plus it's nice to have some unifying themes. I know when I was at Tokyo Disney that I'd get a little extra smile on my face when I recognized something, like walking through Port Discovery and hearing "Legacy" from Epcot or during their very different Fantasmic! show with it's own original theme, they still struck up the fanfare from the original. Besides, the theme from Paint the Night was so, so good why not reuse it? I think the new Happily Ever After theme will be amazing based on the snippets I have heard, but I won't listen to the whole thing until I am there in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter