"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Yessssss - 417 all the way!!!

I just keep rolls of quarters in the van.
Lol !!! Next thing you know I'll take i95. Lol. ( not a chance ) lol
We always had good luck on I4, even the year I hit Orlando at 5pm, which we crawled for a few miles and once past the city, we were going about 55. Which is always a good idea in that area.
When we visit Tammys parents, we hit two tolls.
The way home I never have a problem because we leave at 2am, on the way down, I'll keep doing what I do, I have Tammy check the Orlando traffic cameras and if it's clear, we stay on I4.
This trip I'm going to hit Orlando on a Saturday morning in September so we'll see how it goes.
I did see the transponder with section cups so I don't have to keep it in the window.
I also was reading that the pa turnpike is going to go all no cash. So I'm guessing it's going to be the trend and all toll roads will go no cash at some point.

That's cool. The only tickets she got were her blue pass's. ( this was back in 2013). She had to enter the park with us to use them. She could buy tickets at a discount at Company D.
That cm had to be there thing was a pain. Im glad to see they changed it.
Have a nice trip!!

He works at ESPN so maybe that's why they're different?

Hello everyone-

We are driving down from Saint John, New Brunswick- about 1.5 hours from Canadian border.

We are hoping to drive to mass to see family on October 20th- arriving about 10pm. And then leaving there about 5am the following day! We do gain an hour by crossing the border- so that helps.

We are a family of 5- blended family: me, DW, DD12, DS9, and DD9- it'll be her birthday during the trip- there are two drivers- although DW will just be getting her license this spring.

My questions- when we leave mass we are planning a trip over to Scranton and down to Roanoke- then trans to 95.

People keep mentioning a very scary descent on the route. Can anyone elaborate as to where this is? And maybe a timeline of us getting to it? We will make regular stops for gas, stretching.

We are hoping to drive as far as we can and crash in the minivan for a couple of hours if needed. Then wake and keep going- only reason for this is because of the expense of having 3 kids instead 2. Meaning that we need a bigger room- or even two rooms.

Our off site resort rental starts on Saturday, October 22-Nov 5. And we need to report to work in NB on Oct 9th.

Thanks guys- loving this board- read from page 1-74. Wow!

Lol !!! Next thing you know I'll take i95. Lol. ( not a chance ) lol
We always had good luck on I4, even the year I hit Orlando at 5pm, which we crawled for a few miles and once past the city, we were going about 55. Which is always a good idea in that area.
When we visit Tammys parents, we hit two tolls.
The way home I never have a problem because we leave at 2am, on the way down, I'll keep doing what I do, I have Tammy check the Orlando traffic cameras and if it's clear, we stay on I4.
This trip I'm going to hit Orlando on a Saturday morning in September so we'll see how it goes.
I did see the transponder with section cups so I don't have to keep it in the window.
I also was reading that the pa turnpike is going to go all no cash. So I'm guessing it's going to be the trend and all toll roads will go no cash at some point.

There's a chance we'll cancel if Lauren gets Tracy in Hairspray. If we do go, we need some advice. Maybe we can meet at a Cracker Barrel and you can give us road tips for your back way???

Curious... would you rather A) Drive through Atlanta on the Sunday after Thanksgiving or B) Drive through Atlanta the next day, Monday?

Trying to decide how to plan our trip in case flying falls through. Thanks!

Curious... would you rather A) Drive through Atlanta on the Sunday after Thanksgiving or B) Drive through Atlanta the next day, Monday?

Trying to decide how to plan our trip in case flying falls through. Thanks!
Which part of the trip - down to FL or back home and what time do you plan on driving through Atlanta - morning. rush hours, evening, night?

Which part of the trip - down to FL or back home and what time do you plan on driving through Atlanta - morning. rush hours, evening, night?

On the way down. We would probably attempt to adjust our timing more if we end up driving through on Monday. We went through around 10 or 11 pm last time. Wasn't terrible. I *think* I'd rather drive through that Sunday afternoon though, unless it would be awful with post-Thanksgiving traffic.

Hello :wave:I usually just lurk on this board, watching gas prices and traffic issues. We leave in 9 days for our second drive to Disney. We are in Maryland and just take 95 straight down. Last time I tried to do it in one shot and I was exhausted, not to mention my youngest was a grouch from sitting still way too long. This time we are traveling in the evening and stopping overnight.

On the way down. We would probably attempt to adjust our timing more if we end up driving through on Monday. We went through around 10 or 11 pm last time. Wasn't terrible. I *think* I'd rather drive through that Sunday afternoon though, unless it would be awful with post-Thanksgiving traffic.
Driving through Atlanta down to FL on the Sunday after Thanksgiving shouldn't be too bad unless there is a game in town that day. Most traffic should be headed north from FL after the Thanksgiving holiday.

Hello :wave:I usually just lurk on this board, watching gas prices and traffic issues. We leave in 9 days for our second drive to Disney. We are in Maryland and just take 95 straight down.

Nine days, eh? Our tentative departure is ten days from now!

All the best! :thumbsup2

Hello everyone-

We are driving down from Saint John, New Brunswick- about 1.5 hours from Canadian border.

We are hoping to drive to mass to see family on October 20th- arriving about 10pm. And then leaving there about 5am the following day! We do gain an hour by crossing the border- so that helps.

We are a family of 5- blended family: me, DW, DD12, DS9, and DD9- it'll be her birthday during the trip- there are two drivers- although DW will just be getting her license this spring.

My questions- when we leave mass we are planning a trip over to Scranton and down to Roanoke- then trans to 95.

People keep mentioning a very scary descent on the route. Can anyone elaborate as to where this is? And maybe a timeline of us getting to it? We will make regular stops for gas, stretching.

We are hoping to drive as far as we can and crash in the minivan for a couple of hours if needed. Then wake and keep going- only reason for this is because of the expense of having 3 kids instead 2. Meaning that we need a bigger room- or even two rooms.

Our off site resort rental starts on Saturday, October 22-Nov 5. And we need to report to work in NB on Oct 9th.

Thanks guys- loving this board- read from page 1-74. Wow!

Hey guys- can anyone help out with the above??

Also- we just purchased a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan!! It's white and so the kids named it Baymax.

Looking forward to our trip in October!

Leaving in two days from Connecticut. So excited! Still lots to do though! Got the route all mapped out, pretty much 95 the whole way. We're staying overnight in Walterboro SC.

We will be following the same route when we pick up I-95 over the Delaware Memorial Bridge...one week after you. Please be kind enough to post your times crossing state borders and any construction of note.

All the best from the Jersey Shore!:thumbsup2

We will be following the same route when we pick up I-95 over the Delaware Memorial Bridge...one week after you. Please be kind enough to post your times crossing state borders and any construction of note.

All the best from the Jersey Shore!:thumbsup2

I sure will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter