"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Hi Everyone! We are driving from the NYC vicinity and I'm looking for a safe place to stop about 8 hours into the trip. I have no choice but to leave the city around 3 pm. At first, I thought Rocky Mount, but now I am reading that might not be such a safe area. Any suggestions?

Are there any parks/motels in Rocky Mount that you are interested in staying at? If so, perhaps Trip Advisor will give you some reviews for ideas on the area and experiences.

Hi Everyone! We are driving from the NYC vicinity and I'm looking for a safe place to stop about 8 hours into the trip. I have no choice but to leave the city around 3 pm. At first, I thought Rocky Mount, but now I am reading that might not be such a safe area. Any suggestions?
You could try Wilson just a bit south of Rocky Mount. We've stopped in Rocky Mount to eat and didn't think it looked terribly unsafe. They have all the major chain hotels and lots of restaurants.

Roanoke Rapids, NC has a quick off/on Hilton Garden Inn that's basically in the middle of nowhere up on a hill (in case you don't get as far as you think you'll get). Always felt safe when staying there...but YMMV.

Can't go wrong with Wilson, bunch of hotels in the same area right off 95. Have stayed at the Fairfield Inn twice in my travels.

If you're going to choose Rocky Mount, go for the area closer to the Nash Medical Center. I've stayed at the Comfort Inn and the Residence Inn a few times and was happy with both. I also stayed at a Days Inn on 301 on time when I used airline miles to get a cheap room, let's just say you get what you pay for.

Put almost 7,000 miles on the van round trip last summer! Great Lakes, to Disneyland, with a National Parks tour on a big circular route thrown in over three weeks! So - definitely qualifies for 2,000 mile round tripper - and it included a Disney park. Do we win anything?

Put almost 7,000 miles on the van round trip last summer! Great Lakes, to Disneyland, with a National Parks tour on a big circular route thrown in over three weeks! So - definitely qualifies for 2,000 mile round tripper - and it included a Disney park. Do we win anything?

The Founder of this thread salutes you for your lengthy journey, which included a trio to Disneyland! :cool1:

However, you'll need four more 2,000+ mile round-trip drives to achieve Bronze status (see page 1, post #1).

Any additional winnings will be awarded on Feb. 31, 2018. :cool:

All the best! :thumbsup2

The Founder of this thread salutes you for your lengthy journey, which included a trio to Disneyland! :cool1:

However, you'll need four more 2,000+ mile round-trip drives to achieve Bronze status (see page 1, post #1).

Any additional winnings will be awarded on Feb. 31, 2018. :cool:

Consider 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014 for those four trips. West Michigan to Disneyworld and back. Anywhere from 3 - 5 kids in tow each time. Add 2000 for our 1st anniversary for a fifth trip.

I guess that makes it a legit WDW Bronze, without the need for the Disneyland exception.

Consider 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014 for those four trips. West Michigan to Disneyworld and back. Anywhere from 3 - 5 kids in tow each time. Add 2000 for our 1st anniversary for a fifth trip.

I guess that makes it a legit WDW Bronze, without the need for the Disneyland exception.

Bronze status it is! pixiedust:

This thread awaits those folks from Missouri who are planning a drive to WDW!

Awaiting a report from the next driver, especially one who is negotiating Spring Break traffic.

We leave in 24 days! I really need some warm Florida sunshine. It's going to feel like the 20s tomorrow with wind chills. Wind chills in Spring... gotta hate New England!!

We will be following the likes of ILUVDizney, Gr8t Fan, and ddluvsdisney in April!

Wonderful. I enjoy traveling "with" everybody. As far as I know, I won't be doing this trip again until November. I can always hope for an earlier trip, but I doubt it.

We are eager to see the construction "progress" on I-95 near exit 260-B and I-4.

Hi! Driving from CT to WDW in 2 weeks. We have any extra day going down. Does anyone know of any nice beaches with nearby hotel/motel we can stop for one night? Possibly Georgia/Florida line?

Does anyone here have experience driving on Route 13 through VA/MD/DE? I will be driving to Northeast PA from WDW and have done I95 before. Just want to see if it's worth a little detour. TIA.

LAX

Does anyone here have experience driving on Route 13 through VA/MD/DE? I will be driving to Northeast PA from WDW and have done I95 before. Just want to see if it's worth a little detour. TIA.

LAX

Apparently the long-distance drivers on this thread are not familiar with this route. Perhaps dvczerfs might have a response.

All the best. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter