• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOP: Standby times other than rope drop - Observations?

richmo

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed a pattern with Flight of Passage standby times, other than rope drop. For example, I've seen (sometimes) that Mine Train will get really backed up early, then back off some later in the morning, then pick up again later...

I've noticed that a couple hours after rope drop the standby line drops to 130 minutes, rather than the 210 minutes at ropedrop.

Just checked th app, showing 130 minutes, at just 9:20 a.m.

From what I've seen, the wait drops in the mid to late afternoon. When we were there, our boys said they would wait up to 90 mins to ride FoP again (this after riding it at rope drop and again with a FP - it was that good), so we checked pretty regularly. It never quite got to that point, but the lowest it got was in the late afternoon at about 105.

Posted wait time around 6pm yesterday (9/17) was 75 minutes, and we got into our 1st chamber at 7pm. I think the crowds are still light from people changing their plans because of Irma. (Posted wait time around 430 was also 75 minutes but we didn't try it then.)

Was there Labor Day weekend, wait time was posted 95 minutes, ended up waiting 130! The previous time we rode, however, there was a 120 posted wait, and the actual wait time was just over 90. I would say it likely depends.

From a couple of weeks ago:

At 9:30 am, the posted wait was 210 minutes with an actual wait of 240.

At 9:30 pm, the posted wait was 60 minutes with an actual wait of 30.

I'm going the last week of February and planning on watching times during the day, but most likely will ride it at the end of the day before park closing. We have a short trip so I doubt we will get a FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter