Food Suggestions for Big eaters?

MG3G

Mouseketeer
I've seen threads on people who eat very little and want to share - what about people who eat a lot - lol.

We are a family of 7. We eat don't do a lot of greasy, sugary food but most of us eat WELL. (DH and I are chubby but not like massive and our kids are skinny but eat lots .... all .... day .... long. Super high metabolisms.)

Where would you suggest has the largest portions so that we won't be leaving places still hungry and so that the little kids can share and not be starving in 5 minutes? That isn't deep fried or covered in sugar?

I would do a character meal (buffet) for breakfast. Kids can't "share" at character meals, but there is plenty of food.

I would take snacks. Granola bars, trail mix, fruit snacks, etc. Make everyone carry their own bag and be responsible for their own snacks.

Another vote for the BTRBBQ - very good all you can eat

Rancho del Zocala also serves large plates of food, such as big mission style burritos with rice and beans on the side.

The Plaza inn has huge meals. They have pasta & pot roast meal with mashed potatoes & veggies. Ive eated the fried chicken dinner it was huge too but if you don't want fried I'd try the pot roast.

Big Thunder BBQ. Goofy's kitchen (buffet all day). Plaza Inn for CS lunch and dinner. Our little gem for biggest energy gaining meal: Riverbelle Terrace between Adventureland & NOS for CS breakfast- the platters are huge! In general, we have found DL to be very generous in serving sizes though not always. In your case no Bengal BBQ, we found it to be shockingly small after eating other places. Also, Dole Whips make for a great snack- enjoy while watching the Tiki show! We don't really care for DCA food, so no suggestions there, sorry.

Menus are limited at CS locations which makes it easy to look around before ordering to check out the serving sizes. Lots of options for meals to keep the whole crew charged! (And if you're not really into fried & sugary NO on the Monte Cristo. However, if anyone does get a sugary/fried dough craving checkout the Mickey beignets from the Mint Julep bar for a snack or dessert.) There's lots of options to keep the crew full!

A trip is not complete without dinner at storyteller. They have a buffet option and a menu. Hubby goes got the buffet every time and the kids do make your own pizza off menu and I do a bowl of corn chowder off menu (which they do have at the buffet so if I am hungry buffet here I come).

Another vote for the Plaza Inn fried chicken dinner. It comes with three pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a biscuit. I think you'd be safe taking any of the sharing suggestions from the other thread, aside from Bengal BBQ, and just not share. :thumbsup2 We find Disney's portions to be big. I like the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ idea too. Anytime it's all you can eat, you know you'll get full.

In DCA, we love the lobster nachos at The Cove Bar. They're very filling. We like Award Wieners but they're regular sized hotdogs, not big portions so while its really good, it's not overly huge. Skip it or order two. The Pacific Wharf Cafe serves their soup in those massive bread bowls, that may be another good option. If you do that, ask for the soup separate from the bread but the bread still warmed up.

I agree with the Peter Pan, Storyteller's is wonderful.

Were a family of 6 with kids who love to eat also....I swear their legs are hollow :rotfl2:!
We love the BTRBBQ, all you can eat family style (I suggest supper as the sausage is fantastic!) Best if you make a reservation.
We also like Rancho del Zocalo....great Mexican food, a tad spicy for our youngest but huge portions.
We find harbour Galley has a nice selection and descent portion sizes.
Soup in a bread bowl is a HUGE portion.
We like the food at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta and find the portions descent.
Corndogs are pretty large and yummy.

My hubby always needs a turkey leg for lunch one day!

Bon Appetite and have a Magical time!

Another vote for buffets. They are a little spendy, but everyone will get plenty of food. With all other meals, my adult daughter and I tend to share because serving sizes are so massive. I don't think you'll have a problem finding large serving sizes in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter