• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and wine giftcards

Savannahsmom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me about the wristlet giftcards, i know you load them with how much money you want, but do you have to purchase to wrist cards? Does anyone have a picture? Can you use them at other parks?

You can use them anywhere, they are regular gift cards, just with a F&W logo on them.
I'm sure you can Google to see a pic of them, at least an old one. I'm not at a point where I can post a link

Can anyone tell me about the wristlet giftcards, i know you load them with how much money you want, but do you have to purchase to wrist cards? Does anyone have a picture? Can you use them at other parks?
Huh?

The mini gift cards available during Food & Wine are very convenient to use. They have a bar code on the back that the cashier can scan, so no need to remove it from your wrist.

Just to let you know, I do not think you can purchase a gift card with a gift card. What I mean by that is we purchase Disney Gift Cards at Target to get our 5% off. You cannot use a Disney Gift Card to purchase a Food & Wine Gift Card. We just use the ones we purchase from Target, but the F&W ones are cute.

We loved using the gift card! We actually could not buy it with our magic band either-- we had to actually use our credit card...which was the same one linked to our account so it didn't really matter. Very easy to use at kiosks! and easy to reload :)

Just to let you know, I do not think you can purchase a gift card with a gift card. What I mean by that is we purchase Disney Gift Cards at Target to get our 5% off. You cannot use a Disney Gift Card to purchase a Food & Wine Gift Card. We just use the ones we purchase from Target, but the F&W ones are cute.
Right but if you're staying on site, I believe you can charge the wrist GC to your room, then pay off the room charge with your Target-purchased gift card.

If you are staying at a WDW resort and are wearing a Magic Band, there's no reason to also buy a gift card. Just use your MB at each kiosk to charge your F&W purchases to your room.

If you are staying at a WDW resort and are wearing a Magic Band, there's no reason to also buy a gift card. Just use your MB at each kiosk to charge your F&W purchases to your room.
Well sure, unless you just happen to want the gift card for whatever reason

It's just a regular Disney Gift Card, but comes with a wrist coil so you don't have to keep pulling a GC/CC/cash out of your purse or pocket. They are good anywhere that Disney GCs are accepted. We had a left over balance on one so we used it at Disneyland one year. You can use any Disney GC at the F&W. Here's a photo of this year's card:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-2016-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

While you can also use your MB to charge to your room if staying onsite, some like to use GCs so they have an idea of how much they're spending (put $100 on the GC, when the balance is $0, you know how much you've spent.)

Wasn't there some freebie you got if you spent a certain amount on a f&w gift card?

Thats what I did. Charged it to my room. So much easier this way than carrying an extra 'thing' on your wrist. With the size of that card, its bound to irritate the crap outta me pretty quick.

Well sure, unless you just happen to want the gift card for whatever reason
Did you see the size of the card thats attached to your wrist? (see pic above). I dunno why anyone would want that card dangling from your wrist during F&W...if your not a disney resort guest then i get it. You have no choice. Its just so much easier for disney resort guests just to use your magic band. But hey, to each their own. :)

But then you have to put in your PIN for every purchase. I have fat fingers and long fingernails. I hate using those tiny PIN pads.

Thats what I did. Charged it to my room. So much easier this way than carrying an extra 'thing' on your wrist. With the size of that card, its bound to irritate the crap outta me pretty quick.

Did you see the size of the card thats attached to your wrist? (see pic above). I dunno why anyone would want that card dangling from your wrist during F&W...if your not a disney resort guest then i get it. You have no choice. Its just so much easier for disney resort guests just to use your magic band. But hey, to each their own. :)
They are not big. Remember, that is compared to a credit card size gift card, so it's half the size of one of those. Some find that less cumbersome than a big old MB on their wrist. To each their own is exactly correct.
Not to mention, some people have a very strict amount they can spend at F&W booths. It's easy to forget/loose track with a MB but when your limit is on a gift card and the gift card runs out, you know you hit that limit. You have to consciously add more money. Scanning the MB one more time, and one more time, and one more time and before you know it, you spent an extra $100

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter