Food and Wine Demonstration Review

Cimicats

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I wanted to breakout from my regular dining review to add a review of some of the demonstrations I went to. This was my first Food and Wine and I was excited to attend some demos.

First up was a pork demo with Chef Joseph Green from Rose and Crown. I was thrilled when I saw the recipe and it was for pork belly. As you enter the Festival Center there's an info booth and you get your tickets there. You need to show ID to pick them up. You can also check the booth for last minute availability, I had pre ordered but some people were able to get in last minute.

Once inside you grab seats at any of the various tables that are set up. I'd say people started lining up around 30 minutes ahead to get the front row seats but you will have a good view where ever you sit.

At your seat will be the recipe along with the wine they are pairing. You get one pour so make sure you save some for when the food arrives :)

Food comes out during the demo and you can ask questions as they go. I learned pork belly is basically bacon before it's cured, I didn't know that.

Here's the dish as presented. I mean how beautiful is that? It tasted incredible. I only wish they served it at Rose and Crown.

Another nice thing is we had some very nice table mates so it's a chance to chat with other lovers of all things Disney!

The demos on this day worked out perfectly because bad storms came through so we waited it out in the Festival Center. Was anyone at the venison demo when the ceiling lit up from lightening? Yikes!

DH and I enjoyed this so much we decided to do another one later in the week so I signed up for a demo a few days later.

Our second demo was escargot. I goofed with my dates and didn't realize this was what I was signing up for, I'm not a big fan of escargot but I was willing to give it a try. Presented by Chef Laurent Carillon from Chefs de France

Again, same set up as before. Recipe at the table and a glass of wine to accompany. Oh I should mention they come around and ask if you want the wine so if you don't they have soda you can have instead. There's also water on the table.

This demo was a little different in that the demo was not what was on the recipe sheet nor was it what was served to us.

But that's ok as they were serving it to us in puff pastry which was fine by me!

Considering I'm not a huge fan of escargot this was good. Probably not something I'd make but I may do something similar with mushrooms.

I really enjoyed these demos and would recommend. I also did a Make it, Mix it, Celebrate it, hands on demo, I'm going to do a separate review of that.

I usually do one culinary demo and one wine tasting at the Center every day of my trip during F&W. I enjoy them and I find the amount of food given is just right for me. I've booked many during the day of and some in advance.

As far as the pork belly, I'm southern so we just laugh at the new trend for it. We use it to flavor our green beans, most of us would think you were crazy if you offered it to us for a meal.

I usually do one culinary demo and one wine tasting at the Center every day of my trip during F&W. I enjoy them and I find the amount of food given is just right for me. I've booked many during the day of and some in advance.

As far as the pork belly, I'm southern so we just laugh at the new trend for it. We use it to flavor our green beans, most of us would think you were crazy if you offered it to us for a meal.

Yes, I wish I made it to one of the wine tastings as well. Now I know for next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter