Food after late night arrival

voelker06

Earning My Ears
We will be landing in Orlando at 10:45pm, local time next Friday night. I doubt we'll make it to the resort by the time the food court closes. What will be the best option for food, outside pizza delivery possibly?
Thanks!

Good question! I can't help, but I'm wondering if even pizza delivery might not be an option that late. Hang on, someone will chime in shortly.

Good question! I can't help, but I'm wondering if even pizza delivery might not be an option that late. Hang on, someone will chime in shortly.
Thanks! I read that resort pizza deliver closes at 10:00, I wonder about Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc??

Thanks! I read that resort pizza deliver closes at 10:00, I wonder about Pizza Hut, Domino's, etc??

Well if they're smart they'd do late deliveries because it's slim pickins on property at that hour. Might be something open at Disney Springs. One of the resident experts will know. @TheRustyScupper any thoughts?

We will be landing in Orlando at 10:45pm, local time next Friday night. I doubt we'll make it to the resort by the time the food court closes. What will be the best option for food, outside pizza delivery possibly?
Thanks!
@voelker06 - which Disney resort are you staying at? Some resorts have 24 hour room service - I've attached a link to the grand Floridian's in room dining menu -- they offer late night dining from 10pm - 6am. I knew this because we were supposed to arrive at MCO at 9pm, but due to delays we didn't arrive until 215am -- believe me, that French Toast tasted wonderful after that travel day! http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus/grand-floridian-room-service-menu/

Tom

I have the same issue OP. We land around 10 PM. I'm thinking we may just have to grab something quick at the airport to eat on ME on the way to the resort.

I would recommend grabbing something at the airport before hopping on ME.

Are the airport places open at that hour? I feel like I've flown into MCO on late flights and it was pretty dead at the airport. That was years ago though.

There are a few places that stay open in the airport. McDonalds is one. I have a late flight in too. I have also been told Flippers is a good, reliable pizza delivery place.

Are the airport places open at that hour? I feel like I've flown into MCO on late flights and it was pretty dead at the airport. That was years ago though.

I didn't think of that, maybe dh and i will grab something at our airport and eat on the flight.
OP, how long is your flight, maybe that is an option?

@voelker06 - which Disney resort are you staying at? Some resorts have 24 hour room service - I've attached a link to the grand Floridian's in room dining menu -- they offer late night dining from 10pm - 6am. I knew this because we were supposed to arrive at MCO at 9pm, but due to delays we didn't arrive until 215am -- believe me, that French Toast tasted wonderful after that travel day! http://www.themouseforless.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus/grand-floridian-room-service-menu/

Tom
We are staying at Art of Animation. Oh man, I bet that did taste good! Probably be good anytime of the day!! Thank you for the link, I will check it out!

I didn't know you could take food on the ME, that sounds like it will be our best bet. Thank you all for your input!!

It's my experience that usually you can get something in most major airports if arriving prior to midnight. MCO is a true international airport (with customs and etc.), so I would guess there to be some options. Maybe limited, but you're looking at limited on the Disney end too.

We are staying at Art of Animation. Oh man, I bet that did taste good! Probably be good anytime of the day!! Thank you for the link, I will check it out!
Art of Animation was our Split Stay with the Grand Floridian on that trip with the flight delays -- GF first, and then switch the AOA as we had 2 more arriving and I don't do 5 Adults and 1 bathroom!!! The AOA was awesome, we were in a Cars Family Suite. Unfortunately, I think it is only the deluxes that have the 24 hour in room dining so I'm no help to you.

I think there are a bunch of things in the food court area at MCO -- but I don't know if all of them are open 24/7. I know there were lights on, but at 215am, we just wanted to get on the DME and get to the GF.

I don't even think Disney Springs will have food options at the time of night you are rolling in, so I think you're going to have to stick with airport food selections and just get up early and get one of the breakfasts, unless the grab and go section of Landscape of Flavors stays open late night -- I don't remember that one.

Tom

wondering if even pizza delivery might not be an option that late.

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY (until about 3:00am):
1) Giordano’s, 407-397-0044
2) Pizza Hut, 866-438-2507
3) Papa John’s, 352-243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, 407-938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

NOTE1:
. . . At Deluxe Resorts, FW, delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
. . . At other resorts, delivered usually to your room.
. . . At DVC resorts, the delivered almost always to your room.

NOTE2:
. . . WDW is so large, that there are different pizza franchisees of the same brandname that serve different hotels.
. . . Just call the pizza numbers listed, and they transfer you to the proper franchisee's number.
. . . example: AKL and FW have different Papa John franchisees serving the two resorts

WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:
. . . you might find a pizza "flyer" under your door.
. . . do not under any circumstances call them.
. . . there have been "pizza scams" at local hotels and WDW resorts.
. . . you call, order, give your credit card number
. . . you do not get pizza, but they have your CC number - oops
. . . you find fraudulent charges on you CC later
. . . in the best-case-scenario, you get delivery of a frozen pizza.
WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:

Another option (although maybe not as appealing) would be to watch for a Nathan's or Burger King in the hub near the gate when you get off your flight - before you get on the tram to the main terminal. I've had to take a number of early a.m. flights and those have always been open at 2 or 3 a.m. so likely open around 11 pm when you get off the plane.

I may suggest if they wont deliver to your resort and you are hungry possibly sending an adult out via a ridesharing app, you know what they are, and go get something or even possibly go to walmart and get a few snacks and what not, or you might get lucky and the kids might just want to sleep as you will be getting to the resort around 11 pm

Thanks TheRustyScupper...most helpful. :thumbsup2 Arriving late at night with limited food options could make for an uncomfortable arrival. Who wants to go to bed hungry on vacation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter