Flying without driver's license/id

Amy&Dan

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I have been here at WDW since Sunday. At some point yesterday my wallet went missing. It must have somehow fallen out of my bag, I literally only took it out a couple of times yesterday as I used my magic band for all purchases. Both of our driver's licenses were in the wallet.

Has anyone ever had this happen and had to fly? We leave today.

My husband texted me picture/copies of our licenses. We both have credit cards with our names on them (kept those and most of our cash in our room safe). I have paperwork from Disney with my name and address on it.

Thank you for any advice feedback

From the TSA Website:

Forgot Your ID?
In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you choose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.

TSA recommends that you arrive at least two hours in advance of your flight time.
At MCO, I would plan on arriving at least two and a half hours before the flight.

This happened to me about 4 years ago @MCO. I found the first TSA agent I could outside of the normal lines and they actually brought me to a special line. I had to open up all my carry on completely they went through everything. I got a full pat down and scan. If you have any cards with your picture, Costco, credit cards etc it can help as well. I also had my work id with my picture. I ended up through TSA screening before my daughter and her friend made it through the normal line. I would get there several hours early, not sure if I just got lucky that day. I was really glad I was only carrying a small sleeve wallet with ID and 2 cards. Someone found it in a store in AK, they did not turn it in to guest services. They actually took it home and mailed it to me after they got home, glad I got it back but would have been great if they had turned it into guest services.

Last edited:
I don't have anything to add, but if you have time today, check with lost and found/guest services wherever you were yesterday. You may be surprised to find someone has turned it in. We lost two iPads one trip and they were found and shipped back to us by Disney after we got home. Hope everything works out, safe travels!

It happens all the time. Just allow extra time. One poster, on another board, used to claim he lost his ID (some airports) He found the no ID screening procedure actually go him through faster. This was before TSA Pre was available.

It happens all the time. Just allow extra time. One poster, on another board, used to claim he lost his ID (some airports) He found the no ID screening procedure actually go him through faster. This was before TSA Pre was available.

Exactly. This happens more often than most people think. The key point is to arrive early to allow extra time and discuss with a TSA agent as soon as you can.

Won't help the OP, having a scanned copy of your drivers license and passport on your phone might help. It's not sufficient but may make it easier going through screening.

There might be some profiling going on. Guests with an ethnic look should allow extra time. No reason to debate. It shouldn't matter. Secondary screening should be more then enough to ensure passenger doesn't have weapons in carry on bag or on person.

Thank you everyone. We made it through, it took over an hour. I was able to get through pretty easily because I had a credit card (my "extra cc that I never use but always bring and keep in our room safe) and a prescription bottle with my name on it. My daughter only had a cc. She had to fill out a form and then they asked her several questions similar to security questions a credit card company might ask if you forget your password. They then went through all our carry on luggage.

It was a a stressful hassle but we did get through. I will add that we got here like 4 hours early, I was able to get us on an earlier Magical Express that wasn't full.

Now I have a long flight with two layovers to look forward to! Nor to mention getting a new drivers license 🙄.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter