• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

flying fish

the who #3

DIS Veteran
i had dinner at the flying fish on 1/6/07. i was so glad to be able to dine there again as my other experiences there had been just terrific.

all would have been perfect except for glass in the salad. i ended up swallowing a good amount of ground glass, but was able to get the larger part out of my mouth.

i found that when speaking to the manager about this he would not look me in the eye and totally turned his back on me and spoke to my family member (who was a witness) instead of me. i was very disapointed in the lack of professional response to the problem. i felt as tho he was trying to convince the witness that i was not being truthful but the glass was very evident in my hand, and she witness the fact that i was trying to get the glass out of my mouth, and we both looked at it when i managed to spit it out. we could both see that it was in fact glass. he did come back later and say that they had researched the problem and found that no glass had been broken and therefore nothing had happened. this again he spoke to my neice instead of me. i feel that the damage done to me at the time was two-fold by the manager and waiter deliberately turning their backs to me even after being told that i was the one they should be communicating with.

i have never been a person to file claims against other people or businesses, but worked in the insurance business long enough to know that occurances of this nature need to be kept on file in case of any future problems that come up with the person involved or any other person that may have had the same thing happen. sometimes that is necessary in order to truly investigate enough to find out where the problem began. accidents do happen but also do need to be corrected or resolved.

i don't know how to determine if all glass is or can ever be out of the body, but i know that it is a very uncomfortable thought.

i did inform the manager and the manager of my resort that they should report this to their insurance carrier just in case of any future problems.

i quess that i will never feel comfortable at the flying fish again.:sad2: it was my very favorite restaurant in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter