Flying Fish Discount into 2018?

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Took advantage of 30% off at FF this past August based on eating at a certain time (before 6:30 I think?). Can’t recall if it was a TIW or DVC promotion or something available to everyone. Does anyone know if this promotion will be carried into 2018? We head back in March and I’d change our reservation time in order to take advantage if it’s still available.

Thanks!

Well if they keep the discount, they’ll probably keep using boxed wine (Franzia) for cooking like they did tonight. I’m not a snob, but in a restaurant serving $200 bottles of wine, should they really be cooking with box wine?

If you’re just cooking with it, does it matter?

If you’re just cooking with it, does it matter?
Rule of thumb is you don’t cook with anything you wouldn’t drink.

Also, if you pride yourself on your wine list, then yes, for me it does matter. I don’t expect to drop $125 on dinner without drinks and get served a meal cooked in boxed wine. Maybe my standards are too high.

That is surprising. However, we ate there in August and have to say it was one of the best meals we’ve had at WDW in over 20 years.

Sorry you didn’t have the same experience.

That is surprising. However, we ate there in August and have to say it was one of the best meals we’ve had at WDW in over 20 years.

Sorry you didn’t have the same experience.

Our meal there in February was the second best we’ve ever had on property (a very close second to our California Grill meal we had this Thursday).

Tonight’s repeat was just so-so. My mussels were excellent but my steak was a bit chewy and fatty. However, it wasn’t bad and was well flavored. I was more shocked by the Franzia than anything.

Our meal there in February was the second best we’ve ever had on property (a very close second to our California Grill meal we had this Thursday).

Tonight’s repeat was just so-so. My mussels were excellent but my steak was a bit chewy and fatty. However, it wasn’t bad and was well flavored. I was more shocked by the Franzia than anything.

I'm not surprised. It sounds like FF is a real hit or miss. We ate there shortly after the refurb and it was one of the worst, slowest signature meals we've had in WDW. I usually give these restaurants a second chance, but not for $300+.

I'm not surprised. It sounds like FF is a real hit or miss. We ate there shortly after the refurb and it was one of the worst, slowest signature meals we've had in WDW. I usually give these restaurants a second chance, but not for $300+.

It appears so. That’s why the 30% discount was a great opportunity to try it out after refurb I guess! I never expected it to be as amazing as it was during our last visit. We are DVC Boardwalk owners and had been to FF many times previously. Much to our suprosie our visit in August was truly a top-tier fine dining experience for us. Better than California Grill and others. The food was excellent and the service was absolutely outstanding. I don’t recall her name but we had a server who had recently relocated from Las Vegas and she was one of the best we’ve ever had, anywhere in the world. Hope she is still there when we return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter