• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fly-drive Price for 2013

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
I am shocked and stunned :eek:

Just got a quote from VH for a flydrive next October. 2 adults and 1 child was a grand total of £2258 (and that was with 10% discount) :scared1:

Well, I guess I will be waiting for the flights to be released in November now.

I'm new to this whole game but got a quote of VH as a package before I booked DIY and it came out around £3500 for the flights 2a1c for oct 13 ... Needless to say ill be joining you looking for flights in November :rolleyes1

Eek that is scary
We are going to be looking for flights at the end of October 2013 as well :(

I got quote for £3800 plus for fly drive for Manchester for beg July for 3 adults and 1 teen and 3600 ish from gla for smaller car . Think it quite expensive but don't know as never looked at July before or virgin . Any advice would be welcome . Thanks.

Not been with VH since 2008, 4 years since, can't see me using them again.
Just got a quote for next summer, 25 nights offsite at Fairfield Inn, car with insurance & 3 x 21 day tix £7,000. I am looking to do it DIY for about £3,000-£3,500.

Do you think my quotes are expensive wayne ? Not been at that time, and are going to be booking for 7 people. Thomson can do flights for around 700 pp so not sure if that expensive either, the Thomson flight from glasgow is over 200 pp extra . Ridiculous !

Our actual return date isn't available to book yet but did a dummy quote for a 29th April 2013 coming back a week later, £1400 odd each for just flights on Virgin Atlantic!!
Wow, that's crazy high!!!

:goodvibes

Do you think my quotes are expensive wayne ? Not been at that time, and are going to be booking for 7 people. Thomson can do flights for around 700 pp so not sure if that expensive either, the Thomson flight from glasgow is over 200 pp extra . Ridiculous !

I would not pay £700 for an economy flight myself but I am willing to fly indirect if a lower direct fare doesn't appear. Others will pay £700 for a summer flight.

I would not pay £700 for an economy flight myself but I am willing to fly indirect if a lower direct fare doesn't appear. Others will pay £700 for a summer flight.

I'd kill for a £700 economy flight at the moment! Easter seems to be far more expensive than even summer :(

Our return dates aren't out yet (29/3/13 - 13/4/13) so the 'sample' prices I've seen aren't a true reflection but close enough to give me a heart attack ;)

Our return dates aren't out yet (29/3/13 - 13/4/13) so the 'sample' prices I've seen aren't a true reflection but close enough to give me a heart attack ;)

Easter used to be a cheap holday, its only a few years ago we paid £290 Miles & Money, you need to let the prices settle, they rip you off if you book as soon as they are released, personally I would be also looking into indirect, could save you £1,000 if the prices being quoted are anything to go by.

Yeah I'm in no rush, I just thought id see how prices start.
Indirect would save us money, but being our first trip with an infant of 7 or 8 months (depending when mini me decides to join us ;) ) I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing it :(

Yeah I'm in no rush, I just thought id see how prices start.
Indirect would save us money, but being our first trip with an infant of 7 or 8 months (depending when mini me decides to join us ;) ) I don't think I'd feel comfortable doing it :(

If I was saving £500pp I wouldn't hesitate but we enjoy indirect flights. Don't rush in and see what comes up.
Just remember the older they get the more expensive they are. :rotfl2:

Yep, getting in while an infant is fairly cheap (although port charges make the cost for an infant over $400!!!).

Am even thinking about tailoring paternity leave round when I can get a cheap term time holiday ;)

That might be a good idea luke . When will you get that chance again till retirement ?

Hi
We have just booked virgin flydrive with medium SUV and Vroom for 3ad 1ch 8/8/13 - 24/8/13 £3980 - flights were £832 - currently flight only prices for this Aug £1040pp, no doubt if we waited and checked Dailey from 11 months out we may have got a slightly better deal but I value my sleep and sanity and now have def dates, seats and a budget to work to so I'm happy with that!! :)

Sx

Hi
We have just booked virgin flydrive with medium SUV and Vroom for 3ad 1ch 8/8/13 - 24/8/13 £3980 - flights were £832 - currently flight only prices for this Aug £1040pp, no doubt if we waited and checked Dailey from 11 months out we may have got a slightly better deal but I value my sleep and sanity and now have def dates, seats and a budget to work to so I'm happy with that!! :)

Sx

Many people prefer to get booked and pay over the odds, thats why VH charge the prices they do.
Some people don't enjoy waiting for flights, for me thats part of the excitement of booking holidays, booking the flights at their lowest point.
Also depends if you have Miles to use, this August dates were available PE both ways for just over £700pp if you had 7,500pp miles, I got reward seats using loads of miles.
£832 is too much in my opinion and I wouldn't pay it but if you are happy with the price thats all that matters, I am sure others will pay even more.:goodvibes

I am shocked and stunned :eek:

Just got a quote from VH for a flydrive next October. 2 adults and 1 child was a grand total of £2258 (and that was with 10% discount) :scared1:

Well, I guess I will be waiting for the flights to be released in November now.

Lordy :scared1:

Thats bad..

We are looking for November 2013 but think I'll avoid VH!

Also depends if you have Miles to use, this August dates were available PE both ways for just over £700pp if you had 7,500pp miles, I got reward seats using loads of miles.
£832 is too much in my opinion and I wouldn't pay it but if you are happy with the price thats all that matters, I am sure others will pay even more.:goodvibes

Oh I do hope I can get that kind of a flight for next August! I've been hoarding miles and saving up so we'll have around 25,000 miles, i'd be so chuffed to fly out economy and back PE for around £700 each. I am willing to be patient - and extremely generous with drinks in Florida, Wayne, in exchange for flight deal info ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter