• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Floridays, Vista Cay, or Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa?

nycpants

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I'm trying to decide between a few condo hotels. It seems that there are pretty good reviews for Vista Cay, Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa, and the Floridays Resort. Can anyone weigh in on their recent stays? We're traveling with our 2 year old. I'd like to keep location in mind when booking, convenient to grocery stores, etc. Thanks for any advice you can give!

We just stayed at Floridays at the beginning of March. Positives: very clean, units exactly as pictured on the website, friendly staff, quiet, convenient location with a grocery store right around the corner.

But if you're looking for a resort vibe with manicured grounds, walking paths, and activities, this isn't the place for you. It's basically 6 buildings with parking lots in between and 2 pools. I wouldn't really call it a resort.

Thanks for the info. I'm not as much concerned about a resort feel rather than having a clean, comfortable space (family will be visiting). And the location is fairly important. Is it walkable to anything on International Drive? I'm not sure if it's worth an extra $200 for the week to stay at Floridays versus the other two.

I thought it was very clean and comfortable. There is a Publix supermarket and a Walgreens around the corner. Google maps says it's about a third of a mile. We had a car so we didn't attempt to walk to anything so I don't know what the sidewalk situation is like. There is a Benihana restaurant almost at the resort entrance. We didn't eat there so I don't know if it's any good.

Vista Cay is different than the other two, as it is a short term rental community (not a condo hotel although large mgt. company advertises it as such). Each unit is privately owned and rented through the owners or their management companies. It is the only short term rental community in Orange County. It is built by same builder, Pulte, that built Windsor Hills, and has a 10,000 sq. ft. Clubhouse with loads of amenities, beautiful pool overlooking lake with nice covered lanai area, game room, exercise facilities, movie theater, sports court, etc. There is a Publix and Walgreens within walking distance. However, you will probably need a car to go to I-Drive, as it is about a 25 minute walk--where you can get the I-Drive trolley--passes are very reasonable. It is not on the Center of I-Drive like Floridays. But as said different experiences. Vista Cay are individually owned and decorated so there will be differences in the units. You can search through owners on www.homeaway.com, www.vrbo.com, and there is an owner website, www.vistacayrent.com. Units are upscale and reasonabaly priced for all that you get, but personally I would rent a car for your best convenience.

Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter