• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida Leisure- 4 bedroom Vacation Home

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I am in Orlando right now renting a home thru Florida Leisure Vacation Homes.

The home is a 4 bedroom/3 bath in Sunset Lakes. It is beautiful though a bit older. It is off of Formosa Gardens near Emerald Island.

I picked this home so I could do my work on my laptop and it has high speed internet. The system is in the dining room and it's perfect!

I love the master, it's a nice size with a beautiful LARGE bathroom with a roman tub and glass shower.

My son LOOOOOVES his room! It's Disney decorated with the cutest Disney TV with the stereo ears! It also has a VCR and a Playstation2 with several games. He has his own bathroom and calls the area his WING!

My uncle stayed with us and he also loves his private room in the front of the house. He also has his own bathroom and feels like he has his very own hotel room!

The kitchen is well stocked. The pool area is small but good enough for us.

We had a few issues, the AC and a black snake in the pool area :eek: but the company took care of it in a matter of MINUTES.

I will definitely use them again.

Fabulous, I have been spending my evening looking at vacation homes for our upcoming trip. :thumbsup2 Sunset Lakes is one of the areas I was looking at.

magicmouse2 said:
Fabulous, I have been spending my evening looking at vacation homes for our upcoming trip. :thumbsup2 Sunset Lakes is one of the areas I was looking at.

Try to get one of the houses that backs up to the lake. Those look AMAZING. Ours face other homes which isn't that much of a problem since the houses don't seem to be occupied but how nice it would've been to look out to the lake! I'll definitely do that next time!

Does the house have a website, Robin? Or a link to where you booked it?

Love to see some pics!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the review!!

:goodvibes

mbb said:
Does the house have a website, Robin? Or a link to where you booked it?

Love to see some pics!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the review!!

:goodvibes

Yes, they're on Florida Leisure's website, 4 bedroom #2933, but BEWARE, the pics do NOTHING for this place NOTHING!!!

I basically chose it for the high speed internet and just settled for the rest. I was more than pleasantly surprised when I arrived!

First of all I like the fact that it's a gated community. You must either know someone there or have the gate code to get in. Once we got to the house I was a bit disappointed to find out that the garage was changed into a game room but my son and uncle LOVED it! There was a pool table, safe dart board and a cd player. They also had the coooolest outdoor George Forman Grill, which we used and enjoyed a LOT!

My uncle had his own room and bathroom at the front of the house, my son had his own area and I had mine, this was GREAT for people who like their privacy like me! The kitchen was wide open and so easy to maneuver and they had every appliance you could imagine, including a blender, juicer and wide slot toaster.

The pool had a timed bubbler, which made it like a HUGE jacuzzi most of the day! No need for pool heat this time of the year at all.

All in all it was a very hard home to leave.... I could LIVE there! :thumbsup2

Thanks Mikkiwikki!
(Great screen name, by the way:):) )

You'll love Sunset Lakes - have fun!!!

:sunny:

We stayed with Florida Leisure when we last came up.....no more hotels is all I can say!

Maybe I am a naive Canadian but with the lake view home what about alligators and snakes and stuff getting around or the the pool area. That creeps me out.

I can't speak for all communities, but Sunset Lakes doesn't have any alligators, and I personally have never seen a snake there, and if there were the pool cage should do its job and keep them out - so no problems!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter