Florida Beaches?

lukenick1

DIS Veteran
Which Florida beach is closest to the Caribbean beaches (like in the Bahamas) in your opinion?
Thank you

With soft white sand and pretty water I'd go with the west coast beaches. East coast beaches have rough sand (usually because it erodes and is replaced with sand from trucks, which has happened a lot in the last few years to Miami and Ft. Lauderdale beaches due to storms, rough waters, and flooding).

I like naples and Marco island.

We like to visit the gulf side beaches. I can't remember where or what the actual name is but my husband calls it North Beach? We enjoy it b/c it's more private compared to the style of beach at Clearwater.

We like to visit the gulf side beaches. I can't remember where or what the actual name is but my husband calls it North Beach? We enjoy it b/c it's more private compared to the style of beach at Clearwater.

Would that be the North Beach of Ft. deSoto County Park south of St. Pete? I like that one a lot, and the water IS usually very clear for central Florida, but it isn't crystal blue as in the Caribbean.

OP, note that you cannot stay near this beach; it is inside a very large county-owned nature preserve. The park does have campsites, but they are not contiguous to North Beach.

I also prefer the panhandle beaches for the sugary white sand and gorgeous water. However it is usually not swimming weather at spring break and best closer to summer

Any resorts around the panhandle? Travelling with our 2 boys ages 10 & 12 and want to be able to keep them entertained.

I also prefer the panhandle beaches for the sugary white sand and gorgeous water. However it is usually not swimming weather at spring break and best closer to summer

I agree...during spring break, the water is a bit cold, but still a great time on the beach! :goodvibes

We love the gulf coast beaches because they remind us of being in the caribbean. My kids loved Clearwater Beach and we found lots to do there............

Captiva and really North Captiva. Little Palm Island-very expensive private resort. But seriously, there's nothing like a Caribbean beach.

Any resorts around the panhandle? Travelling with our 2 boys ages 10 & 12 and want to be able to keep them entertained.

Holiday Inn Sunspree in Panama City Beach is our go-to. We park the car and don't get in it again for a week :)

If you want the fine white powder sand, Clearwater Beach is the place. Most other beaches are nice, such as Sanibel Island, but the quality of the beach sand itself lacks the Caribbean beach quality.

If you want the fine white powder sand, Clearwater Beach is the place. Most other beaches are nice, such as Sanibel Island, but the quality of the beach sand itself lacks the Caribbean beach quality.

More about the clarity and color of the water :)

Marco Island (far south Gulf side beach) just north of the Everglades. Great shelling around there, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter