Florida Amendment 2

I have a relative who's name is on the list, that quite frankly I cant believe signed it. There are two options....

1. The elderly relative was tricked into signing it, not knowing what it really was.

2. His name was just hijacked by this group.

Quite disturbing to say the least. I'm in the process of finding out exactly what happened, but if I smell any type of fraud you may want to keep an eye on the local media, I will be making phone calls!

One of my coworkers who's name is on there is similar. He's a bit older, but him and his wife are very good friends with a gay gentleman.

Took a look and my grandma is not on it!!! It would shock me if she was she had 2 gay sons out of 3 and 1 gay grandchild out of 2!

Just as I suspected, my relitive who's name is on the list DID NOT SIGN THE PETITION!

I'm writing HRC tonight, and will start with the local news in the morning!

Just as I suspected, my relitive who's name is on the list DID NOT SIGN THE PETITION!

wow!!
let us know what comes of this,

Good thing you checked up on this. I hope others also follow up if they see someone they are surprised by on the list.

Jeez Louise!!! Sounds like the wing-nuts are getting desperate.

They are trying to resurrect the same hoo-ha this election year, here as well.

I spoke with the one co-worker myself this morning. He and his wife are republican, but they are very gay-friendly. Neither of them signed the petition and their names are on it. I gave them the info for the Supervisor of Elections for Seminole county.

If anybody else sees any bogus signatures, please PM me with your email address. There is a media outlet that is potentially interested, so the more phony signatures that can be identified, the better!

If it can be substantiated that enough of the signatures are bogus, can that remove the Amendment from the ballot as there are a required number of signatures to take an action of that nature?

Will anyone listen? This is really awful. Pigs, the lot of them.

ConcKahuna and OrlandoMike, you should have emails from the reporter. Cross your fingers everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok maybe I won't assume my BIL is an imbecile. I will call him tomorrow to see if he really did sign.
His name and address were in the paper a few months back for an unrelated story. It's entirely possible the wingnuts picked it up like that I guess. I will call tomorrow and report back.

ConcKahuna and OrlandoMike, you should have emails from the reporter. Cross your fingers everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm at work, but I passed the info on to the person I work with. It seems his wife is calling around everyone they know, and she is yelling at all of them trying to figure out how her name got on it.

Hopefully they give said reporter (who's one of the cutest on TV! :rotfl2: ) a call :)

If you live in Florida, or have friends who live in Florida, PLEASE go over the list for bogus names.

The names that seem to have been hijacked seem to be elderly people that are registered Republican. Simply call them and politly ask them if the signed the petition, if not, get in touch with me. We are currently working on a local news story on this!

Thanks!

Mike

I wonder if it would be worth it to run all the names in Florida, split the results among anyone who cared to help, and try to call as many as possible to politely ask (or perhaps verify?) that they had actually signed?

Might be a good project? :scratchin

If you live in Florida, or have friends who live in Florida, PLEASE go over the list for bogus names.

The names that seem to have been hijacked seem to be elderly people that are registered Republican. Simply call them and politly ask them if the signed the petition, if not, get in touch with me. We are currently working on a local news story on this!

Thanks!

Mike

Mike, I'm moderator for a small internet group of locals that gets together socially. I've asked all of them to visit that website as well, and let me know if they can help us find any other bogus signatures. I'll let you know what I find.

Mike, I'm moderator for a small internet group of locals that gets together socially. I've asked all of them to visit that website as well, and let me know if they can help us find any other bogus signatures. I'll let you know what I find.

You know that is a good idea! I didn't even think to post this on other boards I am on. Thanks for the idea!

The first response I got back from my group made me laugh:

"Wow, didn't anyone ever tell those religious whack-jobs anything about the whole "Thou Shalt Not Lie" thing?"

:rotfl2:

Thanks Mike coordianting getting this out to the media.
I really do not know anyone in Florida, but I have sent the link along to people I know who do have friends/family down there. Another good source would be if anyone has any connections to UU churches in Florida. I think their congregations would be willing to look through the lists and speak with anyone whose name may be illegally being used. So please, if you are a Flordia UU, or you know one send this their way:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter