Floral Delivery to Room

Dancersmom2

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had any experience with ordering something from Disney Floral and having it delivered to your room? We are arriving on February 9th for a surprise trip for my daughter's 18th birthday and would like to have an order from Disney Floral delivered to our room and waiting when we get there. We will be doing online check-in as our flight gets in late, and so we will just be getting our room # texted to us and never actually physically checking in at the resort. I have been told that they cannot have the order waiting in our room as we have to check-in before they can do that but we are checking in online so we will have checked in before we get there. I was told that NOTHING can be placed in the room until you are physically there, but the last time we were at Disney we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and had a gift from the resort, for staying there so many times, waiting in our room when we arrived. I have tried to call Disney but cannot get an actual number for the resort we are staying at and the call centers don't really have any clue what is happening.

Thanks for any insight that anyone can give me.

I have ordered from WDW Florist many times.

Have your order arrive one day prior tha your arrival date to ensure it will be at the resort. (A wonderful WDW florist gave me this tip!)

Call the resort a day or two before your arrival and ask to speak to someone about a deliver. At first you will be directed to the call center, they will transfer you to the resort. Have the person at the resort make a note of your floral delivery and your instructions.

Has anyone had any experience with ordering something from Disney Floral and having it delivered to your room? We are arriving on February 9th for a surprise trip for my daughter's 18th birthday and would like to have an order from Disney Floral delivered to our room and waiting when we get there. We will be doing online check-in as our flight gets in late, and so we will just be getting our room # texted to us and never actually physically checking in at the resort. I have been told that they cannot have the order waiting in our room as we have to check-in before they can do that but we are checking in online so we will have checked in before we get there. I was told that NOTHING can be placed in the room until you are physically there, but the last time we were at Disney we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and had a gift from the resort, for staying there so many times, waiting in our room when we arrived. I have tried to call Disney but cannot get an actual number for the resort we are staying at and the call centers don't really have any clue what is happening.

Thanks for any insight that anyone can give me.

You have been given accurate, current information. Calling the resort directly - which is nearly impossible - will not change anything. You can NOT have an order delivered by Disney Florist or other gift vendors and waiting in your room until you are physically there.
What a resort chooses to do in their resort is very different. Disney Florist will not deliver in advance.

You have been given accurate, current information. Calling the resort directly - which is nearly impossible - will not change anything. You can NOT have an order delivered by Disney Florist or other gift vendors and waiting in your room until you are physically there.
What a resort chooses to do in their resort is very different. Disney Florist will not deliver in advance.
I am just trying to understand this, they said I don't have to be in the room to have it delivered, so they can some how get it to the room without me being there but can't put it in there until I have been in the room...is that correct?

Have your order arrive one day prior tha your arrival date to ensure it will be at the resort. (A wonderful WDW florist gave me this tip!)

Call the resort a day or two before your arrival and ask to speak to someone about a deliver. At first you will be directed to the call center, they will transfer you to the resort. Have the person at the resort make a note of your floral delivery and your instructions.
Thank you so much! That is very helpful!

You cannot call a resort directly. It goes to an off-site call center who answer as though they are the resort. So don't get your hopes too high.

If you have experienced this, you have experienced the exception not the rule.

I am just trying to understand this, they said I don't have to be in the room to have it delivered, so they can some how get it to the room without me being there but can't put it in there until I have been in the room...is that correct?

Yes
It certainly is not that they can't deliver, they won't. It is there rule

Basically, Disney is loathe to put stuff in a room until the guest has fully accepted the room. So many people show up, discover requests weren't met, and try to get it switched. That's why they don't deliver luggage, either, until the guest has fully accepted the room by butt-in-room without running back to the desk.

I will caution that they aren't great with anything that's time sensitive. DH wanted to surprise me with a floral arrangement from Disney Florist for our anniversary. He requested that it be delivered after 4pm because he knew we'd be at MNSSHP at that time, and they told him no problem. We got back to the room around 1pm, and it was already there and set up. I walked into the room alone while DH stopped by the food court, so he wasn't even there for the surprise because of their error.

I have tried, it's all but impossible to arrange something in your room pre-arrival. Just not going to happen and I totally understand the reasons why.

I eventually was able to have them arrange for an early evening delivery on my arrival day after I had checked in, but they really didn't want to do ANYTHING on my arrival day, no matter what.

Ended up being fine in our experience, we just went to dinner during their window so when we got back from dinner, SURPRISE.

I have tried, it's all but impossible to arrange something in your room pre-arrival. Just not going to happen and I totally understand the reasons why.

I eventually was able to have them arrange for an early evening delivery on my arrival day after I had checked in, but they really didn't want to do ANYTHING on my arrival day, no matter what.

Ended up being fine in our experience, we just went to dinner during their window so when we got back from dinner, SURPRISE.
Thank you for your input also. It's so hard because our arrival day is her actual birthday so I really wanted to have it happen that day but with arriving so late it looks like it may not happen. I was hoping that since we were doing the online check-in that it would make it more possible, but maybe not. Oh well, it won't ruin our trip if it doesn't happen.

Thank you for your input also. It's so hard because our arrival day is her actual birthday so I really wanted to have it happen that day but with arriving so late it looks like it may not happen. I was hoping that since we were doing the online check-in that it would make it more possible, but maybe not. Oh well, it won't ruin our trip if it doesn't happen.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to do as well. It's worth it to keep asking and seeing if something can be arranged, but I'd prepare that it likely just won't happen. I don't quite remember exactly who I talked to or how I was able to arrange it for our arrival day after we checked in, but I remember it being a big problem trying to do what I wanted to do.

On the positive side - I find that having your birthday at Disney is more like birthdayS - the whole trip can be the birthday! Make sure to get a birthday and I'm celebrating pin and use it the whole trip. I may/may not have even worn one when a birthday was the day before or after arrrival.

The key reason that they won't put deliveries in your room pre-arrival is that room assignments frequently change. You know that old saying, "a battle plan rarely survives contact with the enemy?" Well, those carefully-planned hotel room assignments rarely survive contact with arriving guests. :lmao:Rooms get switched around on the fly because housekeeping discovers a maintenance problem while prepping a room. Or a guests gets into the room and hates their view. Or any one of a dozen other reasons. So, they can't have deliveries going into "your" room, because by the time you actually get there, your pre-assigned room may well have been given to another guest.

We happen to be at Disney for Easter. The gifts did not arrive in the room until after 6pm. We checked in 10am and were lucky enough to get assigned a room right away. We were staying Concierge and the CM told us it was up to the Florist schedule when anything arrived.

I think that they only way this could happen, would be if you are staying Club Level.

I think that they only way this could happen, would be if you are staying Club Level.

A lot of people think this but from experience I can tell you all it does is provide you direct access to another person that will tell you NO. Or will just pass you off to Disney Floral & Gifts. :-)

However, yes, staying CL does in theory give you access to CMs that could potentially help coordinate something, but I wouldn't bank on that either. It would be the exception, not the rule, if you could pull it off.

It's not the Club Level CMs that make the difference, rather that the room assignments are less likely to change than a regular room.

It's not the Club Level CMs that make the difference, rather that the room assignments are less likely to change than a regular room.

Yes, this is the reason. It's a small, self-contained set of rooms, and you're much less likely to see room assignments shifting around.

I was at Disney last month and had a delivery from them. Now I was not the one who made the purchase. We were there for my bachelorette party and one of my bridesmaids could not make the trip. She ordered the gift as a surprise for not being there. We checked in on a Wednesday and she was not able to have the gift delivered till the next day. We came back from the pool on Thursday and the gift was waiting on the coffee table (we stay DVC). It was a lovely surprise and they do a nice job. Plus is may be nice to come back to the room on your first full day in Disney and have the gift. It will be wonderful no matter when it arrives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter