fleece baby sling in December - too hot??

BevS97

disney scrapper
I am looking at getting a baby sling to use while we are in WDW in December. I really like the look of the fleece ones, they look lovely and comfy and easy to use, but I'm wondering if it will be too hot. I don't think December is supposed to be particularly hot, is it? I've never been at that time before, so I don't really know what to expect.

What do you think?

Bev

First of all, you are going at the best time of year. I would never subject a baby to Disney, or anyplace else, when it is really hot, it can be dangerous! We went the first week of December 1999 and it was quite cool. We wore pants during the day and needed sweatshirts/jackets at night. I have heard of people getting warm weather at this time though, I guess it is unpredictable. Maybe you could bring 2 different slings, or alternate between the sling and stroller?

Temperature can be unpredictable in December. I would bring 2 slings. One fleece and one cotton.
As to the comment of not subjecting the baby to heat. Good grief do you think we never take our babies out here in Florida during the summer. It's not a big deal as long as you keep them hydrated with water or nursing frequently. You learn to deal with it.

Thanks guys - and I hear you Lisa, there are babys born in hot climates every day and most of those places don't have air conditioning!

I will be using a stroller most of the time, but want a sling for lines and other places the stroller won't go. The fleece sling looks the most comfortable, but I think I will get a cotton one too, just in case we are blessed with a few warmer days.

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter