Flame Tree BBQ???

We have very much enjoyed Flame Tree, it's our usual place to eat for counter service.

My husband and oldest daughter love the ribs and the rest of us enjoy the chicken and BBQ sandwich.

Usually. But ate there last Sunday and it was bad. The beans and slaw were good but the chicken was basically a bone and the ribs were fat. I'll go one more time to give it another try, if it's bad again I'll return the food and not go back.

DH and I always eat at Flame Tree when we're in AK. We've never had anything bad there and the seating is really interesting if you go behind the building and down to the water. Sometimes that area gets overlooked.

We really enjoy Flame Tree. I agree the portions are very large so you might want to look it over and decide if sharing something would be an idea. There's no way I can eat the entire chicken platter and onion rings and I love both of those. My husband, who can eat a lot, comes away from this place stuffed.

Also, I recommend you don't sit down at the first table you see but continue on towards the water - there's plenty of seating.

And you don't have to get all your condiments right when you leave the counter either. There are stations in the back of the seating.

Those who are saying the portions are huge may not have been there for sometime. Or have a different idea of huge than I do. I had to eat again after eating there last week.

Always a MUST DO for us on every trip in AK!! Seriously one of those meals we never miss. On one of the last trips I actually got a fruit platter along with my chicken platter and it was so good. The fruit was fresh and perfect. This is hands down without question our favorite quick service location out of any of the parks :).

Our family has always enjoyed the food here. Especially since it is a counter service. But...our last visit in May when we ate here I did not think it was as good as our previous visits. When we are back in September we will definately eat here though. Hopefully it was just the day we ate and next time will be better.

It is our fav counter service in WDW with Sunshine Seasons following a close second! Any restaurant can be hit or miss but this CS is the bomb!:wizard:

We ate there and enjoyed it. The food was good, and it was fun watching the ducks in the area as we ate.

I must be in minority. I tried it for the first time last summer and got a pulled pork sandwich with a side of beans and slaw. As far as BBQ goes, I thought it was really poor. Dried, underflavored and uninspired.

I'm a bit of a BBQ snob though, so I'm comparing it to places like Oklahoma Joe's, Arthur Bryant's and Jim Neely's, which might not be fair.

I got the BBQ chicken salad, I dont remember the sides but the salad was amazing, I ate the whole thing and didnt regret it, my hubby likes this ribs but he wasnt as impressed with them he said hes getting the salad next time

I got the BBQ chicken salad, I dont remember the sides but the salad was amazing, I ate the whole thing and didnt regret it, my hubby likes this ribs but he wasnt as impressed with them he said hes getting the salad next time

I have to agree with this, that BBQ Chicken Salad is awesome! Nice and refreshing on a hot day, the dressing is good, and there is a good amount of chicken. It does have a little bit of a kick to it, IMO, but it is good.

Those who are saying the portions are huge may not have been there for sometime. Or have a different idea of huge than I do. I had to eat again after eating there last week.

Ate there Memorial Day weekend so quite recently. "Huge" is subjective which is why I suggested the OP look at the offerings first.

for bbq it is just OK, but for theme park bbq it is great. Just be prepared to fight the birds.

We ate there a few weeks ago. It was pretty good. Tons of food. Consider splitting a meal. I think it's the best pick for Animal Kingdom when it comes to counter service. I would definitely skip the Pizza place there.

Yes! We ate there twice last trip. I got BBQ Chicken salad which was quite tasty and husband got the ribs which he loved. Salad was average portion, ribs portion was big IMO. -Amanda :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter