FL resident ID verification

I’m about to tell my dad to give up on this Bc I need to have him purchase the grandkids these Florida resident tickets by Saturday since that is fast pass day. It still won’t verify him (it’s been just under a month since he got his license). I’m just starting to get very wary that even if he finally is able to purchase these for the grandkids, we will still have an issue at the gates (even though 2 CMs have said that as long as he verified residency online, he will not have to show residency in person the day the kids go).

I am a FL resident (with a valid DL), and when I went to Disney in the spring I had to stand in line for over an hour to validate my tickets.

Was just about to purchase tix for today and thought I'd go ahead and get the 4 day resident offer because I'll be going with my daughter again in a couple of weeks. But once again, the app is telling me I will have to go validate at window, which I assume will be another long line and aggravation. I don't understand why the app doesn't save the previous validation! Bleh.

I am a FL resident (with a valid DL), and when I went to Disney in the spring I had to stand in line for over an hour to validate my tickets.

Was just about to purchase tix for today and thought I'd go ahead and get the 4 day resident offer because I'll be going with my daughter again in a couple of weeks. But once again, the app is telling me I will have to go validate at window, which I assume will be another long line and aggravation. I don't understand why the app doesn't save the previous validation! Bleh.
I was going to buy 4pack but with the announcement that APs will be back before October 1st I have been holding off. I hope its sooner than later.
The last time I went to ttc and walked right up...
The time before that I went to AK at 5pm drove right in parking lot right up to curb my DH waiting in car It took me 5 mins

Last edited:

You should be able to do online now.

From website:

You’ll need to provide proof of a Florida residential address in order to purchase a Florida Resident park ticket or annual pass. For each ticket or pass purchased for an adult, you may provide any of the following:

• Valid Florida driver’s license (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida state-issued ID card (must have a Florida address)
  • Valid Florida-based military ID
*For your convenience, Florida residents with any of the above listed identification can now verify their residency online, which means you can bypass Guest Relations and go straight to the parks!

I’ve bought 4-day FL resident tickets for myself and DH 3 times since our Annual passes have expired. The first time it allowed only me to verify online, but not DH, so we still had to go to customer service/ticket window. The second time it wouldn’t allow me to verify either of us online, even though I thought I could outsmart the system by purchasing our tickets separately. This last time, when I tried to purchase FL resident tickets for November 2021, it was a giant ClusterF, and my credit card got charged, but i received no ticket info. Luckily, the transaction got backed out, and I was then able to finally complete the transaction. The system still did not allow me to verify residency for either of us. Long story short, Disney IT system stinks. We just ALWAYS plan for going to a ticket window or customer services to validate our tickets.

You can validate at Disney Springs the day before. This takes some stress off the process IMO.
We did this in 2019. At the time, we owned a short-term rental property in Davenport (we are NY residents) so had utility bills in our names. Got to Disney Springs Guest Services at opening and were done quickly. Didn't use up a park day/time to do it.

OT but did we lose out on that AP! We were going to visit again in August 2020. Nope! Big headaches getting money back I'm extremely wary of ever buying one again.

I purchased park tickets for my parents who are FL residents. I did the online "ID verification" but it only asked for one person's info. Since I purchased tickets for both of my parents, can they just use their magic bands when they get to the park? The whole point of the online verification was to avoid having to stop at will call to show ID. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks!
My husband just bought a FL resident ticket ( in July) for my son online. It is a new process bc he didn’t need to show any form of ID at the park like in the past. It just went right onto my son’s MB. Hope that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter