Five days in June - Quick reviews

blana

DIS Veteran
We just got back after spending 5 days in the park (plus a bit of a day in Disney Springs), so I thought I'd give my thoughts. With things changing as rapidly as they are, what I'm saying may not match current offerings, though. :)

Day 1 - lunch: Cosmic Rays - DS would eat nothing but fried chicken sandwiches if I allowed it, so he was very happy with the Spicy Chicken sandwich offered. DH & DD1 got cheeseburger, plain, which were fine, but that's what you get when you order plain cheeseburger. DD2 got her first of many mac & cheese kids meals and was very happy with being able to get a yogurt side. I got chicken tenders so that if anyone ended up with any food they didn't want, we could trade (life of the mom, am I right?), but everyone was happy with their choices. Chicken tenders were fine and a fairly large portion. This was our first time using the preorder system and it took a bit for me to figure out exactly what I was supposed to do, but I'll blame that on being a bit hyped up. Food was ready reasonably quickly after I hit the "I'm here button".

Day 1 - supper: Crystal Palace - Honestly, knowing my family, i probably shouldn't have booked this one. Normally we love it, and enjoy the character meal & the buffet choices. If they had changed it to a normal meal, where I could have shared a plate with DD1, or something like that, it would have been better, but there was just too much food for all of us. DS, DD1, and I all had the chicken. DH had the prime rib, and DD2 had the... mac and cheese with grits and potatoes. Yeah, DD2 had all starch. On a normal day, I can eat one piece of fried chicken. This was a half of a chicken. Just really way too much food and waste for us. But, it all tasted good. The kids all enjoyed their mac & cheese (that's one of the sides for the chicken), and I enjoyed the veggies, between the salad and the green beans. DH really enjoyed his beef as well. So, very enjoyable, but WAY too much food and left us feeling guilty about the amount of waste.

Day 2 - Hollywood Studios

Snack - Milk Cart - We got a green milk to split, just to see what it was like. I was done after one sip. Weird taste. My kids kept saying it was weird, but also kept going back for more. :) I wouldn't get it again necessarily, but it was kind of fun.

Lunch - Backlot Express - more burgers, chicken strips, and mac and cheese. Nothing wild & exciting, but it was filling and we were happy. Only real thing that was noteworthy was the way the mobile orders were handled. There was a HUGE crowd of people waiting at the top of the steps while waiting for the "Your order is ready screen" to come up. I would say we waited better than 20 minutes after saying we were there. People were pretty rude to the staff who was manning the door and not letting anyone in who didn't have the final screen up.

Supper - Mama Melrose. Before ordering, I asked if DD1 could order from the kids menu. I said we understood if she couldn't, but I knew she wouldn't eat more than a kids portion. The waitress said "Of course. IF you insist." And was obviously upset with us the rest of our time there. I really was just trying to avoid food waste, but hey. DH got the strip steak. DS got the spaghetti and meatballs. I got Mama's Italian Pasta without meat. Both girls got the kids pizza with apples and the cupcake. Food was very nice, if nothing too exciting. But the waitress basically ignored us the rest of the evening and we had to wait 10+ minutes after finishing our food before she brought the check. Then it took another 10+ minutes for her to pick up the check. She walked past our table multiple times during that time and would just ignore us.

Day 3-Animal Kingdom

Lunch - Restaurantosaurus. I got shrimp and DS got chicken nuggets. DH got a kids meal with chicken nuggets, fries and a cookie. Both girls ate kids cheeseburgers with fries & a cookie. The kids meals come in sand buckets, which is fun, but also meant I got to carry around 3 buckets all day. Honestly, we all should have gotten kids meals here. The chicken nuggets were large, and even DS couldn't finish the adult one. This was another spot where the wait after hitting the "I'm here" button was extremely long. And the WiFi kept dropping as I was waiting for the update.

Supper - Rainforest Cafe. D's just wanted cheese sticks here. I had the China Island Chicken salad. Honestly, I can't remember what DH or the girls got here. I know both girls got kids meals, probably grilled cheese. The waitress was great and I was happy to get some real veggies from the salad.

Day 4 -Epcot.

Breakfast - Landscape of Flavors -since Epcot opened so late (11), we decided a heartier breakfast made more sense than dealing with mobile order at lunch time. So, we headed over to Landscape of Flavors before hitting the Sky liner. Even so, we decided to get kids meals instead of the larger adult servings. Both girls got a kids waffle platter with bacon and DS got two kids waffle platters. (Cheaper than getting 1 adult platter with beverage.) I got the kids scrambled eggs with bacon & potatoes. We all had plenty to eat. DH doesn't really do breakfast & was feeling over full from several days of heavy meals, so he didn't get anything, but snuck a few bites from the rest of us. Very filling and easy to order & pick up.

Snack - pretzels in Germany. Nothing wild & crazy here, but the pretzels were warm and hit the spot.

Supper - Garden Grill - We always have a great meal here and this was no exception. It was nice to see the characters and we loved our waiter, Andy. I'll always recommend this one to anyone who asks.

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

Lunch - Pinocchio Village House - We ended up splitting a cheese flatbread, 2 kids cheese flat breads, and a kids pepperoni flat bread. Similar to breakfast the day before, I would encourage you to buy 2 kids flat breads instead of an adult one, but DS didn't want to listen. :) We were allowed in to wait until the food was ready unlike earlier restaurants, but that may be due to the timing of our lunch order.

Supper -Cinderella's Royal Table. Always a fun one, although it was a bit sad not to have the normal princess cavalcade. Cindy did walk across the front and wave, and we had a great spot to wave and "interact". DH & DS started with the charcuterie while DD1 & I got the salad. DD2 got cheese and grapes. I think the salad was better liked than the charcuterie, but that's more due to picky eaters than anything. Both bug kids and I got the chicken, while DH got the beef. The chicken came with green beans, while the beef came with asparagus, so I swapped veggies with DH. DD2 got the mac & cheese, with potatoes and corn. The corn is actually a corn cob, so I had to cut the corn off, since she has braces. Everyone was happy with their choices, although once against there was a good bit of waste. For dessert, all the Disney Adults got the Clock Strikes 12, while DD2 got the paint your own cupcake. Dessert was definitely a favorite of all, and probably the one thing that was finished off completely for any of us.

Day 6- Disney Springs
Before we went to the Dark side, we had to go to Disney Springs for a bit of last minute shopping. We hit Earl of sandwich for lunch. They have a separate mobile order system from the Disney app. D's wanted a plain turkey sandwich, so he got the kids sized one. Both girls got the pizza Bread, and DH and I shared the Ham and Swiss. The mobile order pick up is JUST inside the door and everyone was missing it when we went in and going to the far side of the store where the pick up sign is. The workers were obviously annoyed, but the signage was confusing at best. Food was good, and I probably should have ordered some cookies/brownies to go along with our sandwiches, but I forgot during the mobile order & the line was long enough to make me not care to fix the issue.

Too bad that she acted this way about a child ordering and wanting a kids meal.
I just watched a vlog of a full grown man order a child portion and Sanaa without issues.
I hope you reflected her attitude with your tip.

I get that here are ‘rules’ about kids meals but after a few days at Disney that is about all I could handle! Too bad the waitress seemed to take it personally

Thanks for the review. That's terrible about that server. I really don't even ask if our "disney adult" can order from the kids menu, I just order. They've never told me I had to order from the adult menu. If they ever tell me otherwise, I will probably just make my kiddo share a meal with me, which means even less of a tip for the server.

I really would have been okay if she had said "no". That was the part that had me the most confused. Although, in that case, DD1 & I probably would have ended up sharing an adult plate & getting maybe an app to add to it, which wouldn't have added much to the tip line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter